Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

I's back in Gods own country....the UK!

I's back in Gods own country....the UK!

Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:19 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default I's back in Gods own country....the UK!

Hi there,

Made it !!!!!

Back in the Uk as of 12.30pm today...lovely clean crisp air and blue skies. Ignored all newspapers and media reports of anything and felt immediately better.....the greenery was a definite contrast to the snow covered lands of N.America...though I did enjoy PA very much.

Flights went well, with minimal turbulence and even some humour from the PA to IL flight ... captain was in full form with his delivery of information...certainly made a change.

Anyway, it's 10.15 and I haven't slept for nearly 2 days, so I' d best head to the old bed.....

all the best to those returning,

Rich.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 10:31 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I's back in Gods own country....the UK!

Originally posted by theguitardoctor
Hi there,

Made it !!!!!

Back in the Uk as of 12.30pm today...lovely clean crisp air and blue skies. Ignored all newspapers and media reports of anything and felt immediately better.....the greenery was a definite contrast to the snow covered lands of N.America...though I did enjoy PA very much.

Flights went well, with minimal turbulence and even some humour from the PA to IL flight ... captain was in full form with his delivery of information...certainly made a change.

Anyway, it's 10.15 and I haven't slept for nearly 2 days, so I' d best head to the old bed.....

Rich.
Welcome home! Glad to hear you are back. Please keep us informed on how it feels to adjust to being back.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

pdohr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Made it !!!!!

Rich.
Lucky You!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:40 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Made it !!!!!

Rich.
Excellent news GD..

I am jealous now..wishing it was us there and not here ...still in the land of heat and humidity...keep us posted with all your news.

Cheers

Pants

Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I am interested to know if you get 'reverse culture shock' now you've returned. Cos you're supposed to. Apparently. :scared:
Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:09 pm
Merlot

Originally posted by Lizzi
I am interested to know if you get 'reverse culture shock' now you've returned. Cos you're supposed to. Apparently. :scared:
Me too, I think this is my only "niggle" about going back.

Merlot

Old Feb 16th 2004, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

JayJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you made it GD, You Lucky Dog, I hope to be joining you in March

Cheers
JayJay
Old Feb 16th 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got something to report. My better half has left for London a couple of hours ago. Well, it's a girls house now (hope it sells quick). Totally jealous.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Made it !!!!!

Rich.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich,

Congratulations on getting back 'Home'.

I have been following your story over the past few months and it's good to hear you are now back and 'settled'.

Please keep us all informed about your progress and how you get on back in the UK, many people would want to hear about how quickly you can 'fit back in' to the UK once you have been away for a while.

Enjoy those Fish N' Chips!

Cheers
Old Feb 16th 2004, 9:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hope things work out for you now you're back in the UK, Rich.

Good luck,

Pollyana
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:00 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Welcome Home Rich, now you can get on with your life and put the past behind you.

Let us know how everything goes and all the best for the future.

Susan
Old Feb 16th 2004, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't life strange? Here we are planning our move to Canada and getting totally jealous of those people that are already there, while there are so many people getting excited about moving back. I can totally relate as to why many people return because the UK is a pretty nice place really and I sometimes wonder if we should save ourselves a lot of trouble by just not going to start with!

The trouble is my wife is Canadian and I can't help myself. Despite everything I read I have to take the oppertunity that lies ahead of me while I'm young enough to try. But then I guess that all of you who are now eager to come home at one point thought the same.

Oh the problems that we cause ourselves!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Good luck Rich-glad to hear you are back at last. I hope that it all goes well-please let us know.

Hi there,

Made it !!!!!

Rich.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lizzi
Welcome Back! Glad to hear you're home.
HP
p.s. What's reverse culture shock? (I'm trying to get my head round the term but am stumped (OK, just call me stupid)
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:37 am
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hiddenpaw

where in melbourne are you?
are you heading back- when?

reverse culture shock - apparantly they say that re-patriation is harder than actually emigrating/leaving.... sounds a bit odd but when you think about it it probably makes sense

when you leave - its all exciting and you dont know what to expect - however - when you return you have more of an expectation of what going to happen - and many people get become disolusioned..........

im expecting it to be difficult! im still expecting it to take 2 years to resettle - although friends back home dont 'get this' as they see it as im slottin back into my old life.. but its never going to be that easy is it?

although im very interested to hear the likes of guitar doctors story.. and others that go back.... theres going to problems with some and not others i guess.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.