Wikiposts

Back!

Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back!

Emma..........you know what I think, well done sweetie

Making the decision to return was the right one for all involved. Hope your OH is soon able to join you and then you can both enjoy being part of your kids lives again.

You did good hon
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whereamifrom
Christ, I hope ihave30std never finds out that I won't see my son for 6 or 7 months after going back to the UK and waiting for $$ to bring wife and son over.

God forbid I have tears in my eyes when I will finally see my son tucked away in bed, for the first time, after a long separation.

Emma, I know you had tears when you first heard mummy. You go girl!!
Thanks, but really, I reckon that this troll (that this board seems infected by all of a sudden) would probably let you off the hook because you're male, and "children should be with their mother". You know what those sort of people are like - all sorts of stereotyping and prejudices seem to go hand in hand with narrow mindedness.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
:...and i dont know why I come on here...oh I know to make me laugh
I would suggest that you stop coming onto this forum if you have nothing constructive to offer. If you can't offer help and support please keep your comments to yourself or you may find your posting privileges removed.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Emma, congratulations on being back in the UK.

I can't wait to get back to see my daughter - only another 11 weeks to go.

Good luck for the future.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:03 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck from me Emma Too..........AWE you didn't arf bring a tear to my eye this morning reading your post
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Good Luck from me Emma Too..........AWE you didn't arf bring a tear to my eye this morning reading your post
I tell you what, it'll take some getting used to again. Even though I've only been gone a year, so much has changed, it's weird! I don't know, on second thoughts, maybe it's me that has changed. I'm glad I didn't leave it long before coming back actually, I think if I had left it a few years and then returned, I wouldn't like it. It's amazing what you get used to without realising it. Still, for now, I'm enjoying having a 3 bed detached bungalow all to myself (God was smiling on me is all I will say - and yes damn right I'm going to show off about it, it's bigger and better than what I had in the US so there. ) in a good street, lovely views, I've actually not had it so good in the UK before. I think Ive learned to count my blessings.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:13 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
I tell you what, it'll take some getting used to again. Even though I've only been gone a year, so much has changed, it's weird! I don't know, on second thoughts, maybe it's me that has changed. I'm glad I didn't leave it long before coming back actually, I think if I had left it a few years and then returned, I wouldn't like it. It's amazing what you get used to without realising it. Still, for now, I'm enjoying having a 3 bed detached bungalow all to myself (God was smiling on me is all I will say - and yes damn right I'm going to show off about it, it's bigger and better than what I had in the US so there. ) in a good street, lovely views, I've actually not had it so good in the UK before. I think Ive learned to count my blessings.
See it was ment to be It sounds very corny i know I do believe.. NOW... home is where the heart is...... as much as some of us have heads that try and tell us different ............
Old Sep 8th 2008, 1:56 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, exactly right... it does feel dreamlike! It's weird, when did the US stop being dreamlike and start being what I consider normal life? When did the UK begin being a dream? I suppose it's what we all get used to really.
Funny thing is, I go back once or twice a year now. I didn't find it strange to hear the accents at all, even when I first went back after I hadn't been home 3 years. What I seem to find strange is to hear people with an English accent over here!
Glad you got back there though, keep off the cadbury's and hope that you get back down to earth before too long lol. Have to say, I'm really beginning to think I'll be doing the same thing as you sooner rather than later.
Cheers for now!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Only just saw this.........I know I'm still slow! Soooo glad you are back and happy. Crossing my fingers your hubby will be able to go over soon. I envy you being home.