Back 20 months

Old May 9th 2013, 6:49 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back 20 months

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Oh that is fabulous news !!!!! Good luck with every thing
You will soon be back to your old self again ,although it took me a few times of going out with my mates,as i felt like an outsider. I was once the bubbly centre of attention girl too .............and i felt like i was not" living" so to speak in Canada , and I was stagnant as i thought was the place we lived.Once i felt i belonged here again,i felt like i was HOME and a huge burden had lifted and i was ME AGAIN !!!! YEAHHHHHHHH
Oh that's fab lol! Thank you for making me smile!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 9:58 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah and to tell you the truth i have only been back 20 months,but i can hardly remember much at all about my 10 yrs on Canada. I think that tells me some thing !!! that there really was'nt much to remember maybe ??? I dont know, but although i dont regret going,i know my home is in the UK. I am now ME AGAIN and laughing and smiling once again
Its been ages since i stuck my nose in here......I have been back home in the UK
5 yrs this month.... how time flies when your having fun. Your above post brought a big smile, i seem to remember saying exactly the same thing ( i am me again etc)...It did take me afew months to shake off the affects of being in Canada and get ME back...but well worth it. Wish you well hun
Old Jul 12th 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

"I am Me again"

How resonant is this. I have been away over three decades and hope that who I used to be is not completely lost.
........and I am also going to settle in Kendal!

There is a lovely Cumbrian man-'Tony' who has been taking daily photo's of Cumbria every single day for years. I have his pictures as a Homepage. It is so lovely to see seasons again!
I so look forward to being IN what I am currently seeing online!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
"I am Me again"

How resonant is this. I have been away over three decades and hope that who I used to be is not completely lost.
........and I am also going to settle in Kendal!

There is a lovely Cumbrian man-'Tony' who has been taking daily photo's of Cumbria every single day for years. I have his pictures as a Homepage. It is so lovely to see seasons again!
I so look forward to being IN what I am currently seeing online!
Oh you will not regret coming to Kendal one little bit !!!!! its the a beautiful part of the country and we often pinch ourselves that we are lucky enough to live here. We are 15-20 mins away from Windermere and many other fantastic places ......you will love it
Old Jul 13th 2013, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

how do you attach a photo please? i have downloaded one but not sure if its going to work......
Attached Thumbnails Back 20 months-022.jpg  
Old Jul 13th 2013, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

how do you attach a photo please? i have downloaded one but not sure if its going to work......
ooops i did it lol !!!!!!! this is close to where we live ......Elterwater so beautiful !!!!!!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Cumbrian Lass, thanks for the picture!

Bliss isn't it? I enlarged it, and love the snowy whiteness of the swans downy coat.

I've been reading some sobering views on UK life, and as others have said, I balance them against the positive views. I much prefer to get both sides of the equation.

One of the things that is becoming so glaringly apparent for me is the need for so many of us to try for 'greener pastures'. That results for so very very many, in discovering that those greener pastures are just as tarnished as those we left.

I have found Australia to have some of the most blatant corruption that I have ever seen; I am stunned by it and cannot understand why there is no public outcry. I call it 'soft corruption' because it isn't hidden, and seems to be accepted as part of everyday life.
BUT:

I have heard that said by those in Canada and the US, and of course it is being said about Britain.

I have decided that this is not area; it's era; it's everywhere, and is driven by the 'greed is good' principle, and the self absorption bred by this kind of system.

Whilst no recluse, I am returning home for the countryside, for lower temperatures (yes it's getting hotter, but our summer temperatures now in Aus are regularly over 40 degrees).
During the drought a couple of years ago-when it first rained people stood looking at it; it was a phenomenon! I love rain, and know Cumbria has the highest rainfall in the UK apparently.
I will welcome the rising damp, even if it's up my darn body!

I have a scathing contempt for our over indulgent politicians here, and have little doubt it will be the same in Britain, with callous Conservative's and a Labour movement that long since deserved its voter base.

I have no illusions is what I'm saying, but would prefer to be home where I'm 'at home', and to see hedgerows, bluebells in the woods, drizzles/mist etc.,

The point is that no terrible 'illegal'/drug addict/'dole cheat'/political parasites can take that away. It's there, and will always be there until some cretin decides to press that switch and we are all blown clear out of our undies.

For a number of reasons I have learned to stretch a buck, so do not fear a lower budget-if that proves to be the case.

It does no good to see any one place as an absolute solution-particularly nowadays. This running after an ideal has led so many people to go back and forth to Aus-I'm damned if I can see how they afford it!

I am a cynical pragmatical skeptic. Any good things that happen therefore are a wonderful surprise!!

127 days to go. And counting.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Cumbrian Lass, thanks for the picture!

Bliss isn't it? I enlarged it, and love the snowy whiteness of the swans downy coat.

I've been reading some sobering views on UK life, and as others have said, I balance them against the positive views. I much prefer to get both sides of the equation.

One of the things that is becoming so glaringly apparent for me is the need for so many of us to try for 'greener pastures'. That results for so very very many, in discovering that those greener pastures are just as tarnished as those we left.

I have found Australia to have some of the most blatant corruption that I have ever seen; I am stunned by it and cannot understand why there is no public outcry. I call it 'soft corruption' because it isn't hidden, and seems to be accepted as part of everyday life.
BUT:

I have heard that said by those in Canada and the US, and of course it is being said about Britain.

I have decided that this is not area; it's era; it's everywhere, and is driven by the 'greed is good' principle, and the self absorption bred by this kind of system.

Whilst no recluse, I am returning home for the countryside, for lower temperatures (yes it's getting hotter, but our summer temperatures now in Aus are regularly over 40 degrees).
During the drought a couple of years ago-when it first rained people stood looking at it; it was a phenomenon! I love rain, and know Cumbria has the highest rainfall in the UK apparently.
I will welcome the rising damp, even if it's up my darn body!

I have a scathing contempt for our over indulgent politicians here, and have little doubt it will be the same in Britain, with callous Conservative's and a Labour movement that long since deserved its voter base.

I have no illusions is what I'm saying, but would prefer to be home where I'm 'at home', and to see hedgerows, bluebells in the woods, drizzles/mist etc.,

The point is that no terrible 'illegal'/drug addict/'dole cheat'/political parasites can take that away. It's there, and will always be there until some cretin decides to press that switch and we are all blown clear out of our undies.

For a number of reasons I have learned to stretch a buck, so do not fear a lower budget-if that proves to be the case.

It does no good to see any one place as an absolute solution-particularly nowadays. This running after an ideal has led so many people to go back and forth to Aus-I'm damned if I can see how they afford it!

I am a cynical pragmatical skeptic. Any good things that happen therefore are a wonderful surprise!!

127 days to go. And counting.
You like rain and damp ? You will be fine welcome home
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
You like rain and damp ? You will be fine welcome home
Thank-you. How kind.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 6:30 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Thank-you. How kind.
High 20's in North Lincolnshire Too hot for me.....seriously thinking of going further North myself, to cool down
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sans
High 20's in North Lincolnshire Too hot for me.....seriously thinking of going further North myself, to cool down
....Siberia looks nice....
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

My home area, it's even hotter down here on the South coast..
Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:08 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by mikelincs
My home area, it's even hotter down here on the South coast..
Bless ya My OH works in and around London he's fryin ( he not a happy bunny)......Looked at Cumbria....too expensive for us...On the other hand West Coast of Scotland is more do able....Just tryin to find the bottle to leave North Linc's again
Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:13 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

....Siberia looks nice....
Nah!!! Left and come back twice.....Cooler good freezin not haha
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nah!!! Left and come back twice.....Cooler good freezin not haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.