Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Back 2 Years and NO regrets!! Yipee!

Back 2 Years and NO regrets!! Yipee!

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back 2 Years and NO regrets!! Yipee!

Just a quick update from me...(I was awake at 4.20 am and just felt compelled to write this, so perhaps it is what someone needs to hear?).

Came back from Oz 2 years ago and have never looked back. Coming back to the UK was definately the right thing for all of us. It was more of a struggle to return and get set up in our lives again, but we did it and love living here. All worth it. I do regret ever going though as it cost so much money...arghhh. Still, it is done.
There are problems the world over no matter where you live and we fit in here in our own little way and just get on with life.
New baby (no.3) due in 4 weeks....Lots to look forward to.
Good luck to all and trust your heart not your head.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back 2 Years and NO regrets!! Yipee!

Originally Posted by seasprite
Just a quick update from me...(I was awake at 4.20 am and just felt compelled to write this, so perhaps it is what someone needs to hear?).

Came back from Oz 2 years ago and have never looked back. Coming back to the UK was definately the right thing for all of us. It was more of a struggle to return and get set up in our lives again, but we did it and love living here. All worth it. I do regret ever going though as it cost so much money...arghhh. Still, it is done.
There are problems the world over no matter where you live and we fit in here in our own little way and just get on with life.
Glad to hear your enjoying life back home, I moved back from Canada last July only wish I'd done it sooner

Hope everything goes smoothly with the new baby
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:43 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite

Hi seasprite - so pleased to hear that you are still enjoying it here - I can't believe that 2 years have passed already - we returned similar time to you and we're still finding it a struggle financially but life is so good in every other way.

Take care, keep enjoying life and lots of luck with no 3
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Goody, another happy returnee!!!

Long may it continue and all the very best with the new bub.....3....you crazy woman!!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Hi seasprite - so pleased to hear that you are still enjoying it here - I can't believe that 2 years have passed already - we returned similar time to you and we're still finding it a struggle financially but life is so good in every other way.

Take care, keep enjoying life and lots of luck with no 3
Yes " all good" as they say! Know what you mean about money; we certainly don't have any spare, but we are happy. Glad you are too. x
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Goody, another happy returnee!!!

Long may it continue and all the very best with the new bub.....3....you crazy woman!!!
Ah yes, definately stopping at 3. Too old at 40 for all this baby lark ! Just read your article, brought tears to my eyes. So pleased you are all enjoying our amazing country again. We appreciate it so much more now, yes, even those miserable cold wet days!

Last edited by seasprite; Jan 13th 2009 at 4:56 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear a good return story! I am so glad that it has all worked out well for you and good luck with the bub!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Erica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really nice

Lovely post seasprite! I can't wait to get back too. When (if!) you get a chance can you give us a quick update on what the struggles were on your return and how you overcame them?, it would be interesting and useful for those of us going back too.

All the best for the upcoming new arrival!
x
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:03 pm
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

Glad you don't regret moving back. We are moving back in October. We know money will be tight when we return but it was tight before we left. October seems such a long time to wait and it's hard to imagine actually getting on that flight but I'm hoping time will pass quickly.

Good luck with your new baby.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

OrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura aboutOrkneytoPortugal has a spectacular aura about

It's great to hear people sounding so HAPPY and accepting! Perhaps it is true that we don't know what we've got 'til it's gone. I guess it's just part of the human condition!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:11 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrkneytoPortugal
It's great to hear people sounding so HAPPY and accepting! Perhaps it is true that we don't know what we've got 'til it's gone. I guess it's just part of the human condition!

We came back in June and have loved every minute. I see this country with new eyes, and will never take it for granted again. I liken it to looking at an impressionist painting.....if you stand back from it and slightly scrunch your eyes you see it so much more clearly.

Good luck with Sprog #3, Seasprite!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

judy68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you are enjoying it back here
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:22 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Me too The whole fam are loving being back.......Its ashame we have to go all around the houses to find out where home really is Wishing you all very happy returns
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Dexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Back 2 Years and NO regrets!! Yipee!

Great to hear a successful moving back story! I've got into a couple of scrapes on here because I tend to defend England and have never left it - although I was considering it at one point, which is why I joined in the first place. Sure, things have changed here like things have changed everywhere, but underneath it all England is still a fantastic place to live. People may procrastinate about immigration, taxes, the weather and the like - but constant barbies and blue skies aren't for everyone. In fact in my experience on this forum the people who most vehemently defend their 'new lives' and jump on the UK-bashing bandwagon seem more likely to be harbouring a suppressed desire to return.....Great to have you home!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dexterdude
In fact in my experience on this forum the people who most vehemently defend their 'new lives' and jump on the UK-bashing bandwagon seem more likely to be harbouring a suppressed desire to return.....Great to have you home!
I've noticed that too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.