Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Back 2 weeks tomorrow and I think we've bought a house!!

Back 2 weeks tomorrow and I think we've bought a house!!

Old May 20th 2007, 7:49 pm
Banned

JohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud of
Default Re: Back 2 weeks tomorrow and I think we've bought a house!!

tell me how it feels buying a house at the top of the bubble when you have closed.
Old May 20th 2007, 8:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnStang
tell me how it feels buying a house at the top of the bubble when you have closed.

Is it Troll season or something?
Old May 20th 2007, 8:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi,

It's in Berkshire, about 20 miles from London and about 5 miles from Windsor. I don't think many people would agree with you about it being affordable! It's one of the most expensive places in the UK for houses (unfortunately for us). The trouble is, all our family and friends live here so it seems pointless to us to come back and live elsewhere.

Jo
In that case it looks like you've got yourself a bargain...'cos the small semi next to my MIL in Runcorn is selling for almost $200K. Nice floors BTW.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Glad your ok, been feelin a bit unsettled the last few days, shall we go to Uk or try Brisbane??? Dunno why

thumbsup:

Kath

]
Don't you start woman. This is my area of confusion!! Everyday..."Brisbane or home? Brisbane or home?" My head says Brisbane my heart says home.

I think I'm going to get a lobotomy, get somebody elses worries for a change.
Old May 21st 2007, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
In that case it looks like you've got yourself a bargain...'cos the small semi next to my MIL in Runcorn is selling for almost $200K. Nice floors BTW.
Look at the one we are renting, it's for sale for £270K!! It's a small Victorian terraced 2 bed.http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=2&tr_t=buy

It's £995 per month to rent - it's a laugh the prices round here. Couldn't live anywhere else though

Jo

By the way Northernbird - they must have moved my hometown because the distances you very kindly supplied are totally incorrect.
Old May 21st 2007, 6:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the one we are renting, it's for sale for £270K!! It's a small Victorian terraced 2 bed.http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=2&tr_t=buy

It's £995 per month to rent - it's a laugh the prices round here. Couldn't live anywhere else though

Jo

By the way Northernbird - they must have moved my hometown because the distances you very kindly supplied are totally incorrect.
funny because that is what multimap quoted.
Old May 21st 2007, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
funny because that is what multimap quoted.
You must be right then, I've only lived here 35 years, what would I know??
Old May 21st 2007, 6:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

You must be right then, I've only lived here 35 years, what would I know??
you can use all the confused smileys you like but I put in maidenhead to all the towns I quoted and that is what it came up with.
Old May 21st 2007, 6:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

Jo

well I did it on mapquest this time.

Maidenhead to Windsor 9.1
to Slough 8.5
to Reading 15.5
to Bracknell 14.7

Sorry it isn't quite as nice to say you are close to Slough as it is to say you are 5 miles to Windsor.
Old May 21st 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
well I did it on mapquest this time.

Maidenhead to Windsor 9.1
to Slough 8.5
to Reading 15.5
to Bracknell 14.7

Sorry it isn't quite as nice to say you are close to Slough as it is to say you are 5 miles to Windsor.
What IS your problem?? Someone asked where Maidenhead was so I said it was near to Windsor and London because they are places most people know. Have you ever been to Slough? Yes agreed it's not as nice as Windsor but it's still a decent place with lots of nice villages surrounding it like Stoke Poges, Fulmer, Gerrards Cross. I didn't actually work out EXACTLY how far Windsor is from me because I don't think the poster actually wanted facts and figures just an idea of where this place is. You seem to feel the need to pull apart every post I do, even when I'm just answering a straightforward question.

Jo
Old May 21st 2007, 6:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

What IS your problem?? Someone asked where Maidenhead was so I said it was near to Windsor and London because they are places most people know. Have you ever been to Slough? Yes agreed it's not as nice as Windsor but it's still a decent place with lots of nice villages surrounding it like Stoke Poges, Fulmer, Gerrards Cross. I didn't actually work out EXACTLY how far Windsor is from me because I don't think the poster actually wanted facts and figures just an idea of where this place is. You seem to feel the need to pull apart every post I do, even when I'm just answering a straightforward question.

Jo
I also answered the question. I said it was a nice town and posted some distances which I got off a distance calculator website. It was in no way directed at you until you decided to have a dig at me. We lived in Twyford for a short while so know the area and gave the poster concerned some other town options other than Windsor. I could also have it was 11 miles to High Wycombe.
Old May 21st 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

well I thought it was in Kent!!
Old May 21st 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnStang
Did you get out of bed the wrong side?!
Old May 21st 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyway, OP, well done, exciting eh? Funny we were really organised on the return too. Nothing like getting the control back again.
Old May 21st 2007, 10:03 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
well I thought it was in Kent!!
That's MaidSTONE!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.