Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Back 2 weeks tomorrow and I think we've bought a house!!

Back 2 weeks tomorrow and I think we've bought a house!!

Old May 19th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back 2 weeks tomorrow and I think we've bought a house!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

Got a car and a van the first week and hopefully got ourselves a house this week!! I don't mess around you know!

Jox
Old May 19th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Back 2 weeks tomorrow and I think we've bought a house!!

Originally Posted by clougherty family

Got a car and a van the first week and hopefully got ourselves a house this week!! I don't mess around you know!

Jox

Hi Jo

Well done, the house looks lovely when will you know?

I am so pleased everything has fallen into place for you all, and you seem very happy.

Speak soon

Sandra x
Old May 19th 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Looks really nice! Lucky you, I wish we could sell our house here and head back. Hope it all works out ok.
Old May 19th 2007, 4:45 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Jox

Great news! May I be nosey and ask how you sorted the mortgage thing out as you have only been back a little while? (I was told getting a mortgage in the first six months was impossible, even with a 10% downpayment).

Thanks!
Old May 19th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Great news! May I be nosey and ask how you sorted the mortgage thing out as you have only been back a little while? (I was told getting a mortgage in the first six months was impossible, even with a 10% downpayment).

Thanks!
It's in the process of being sorted at the moment and let's just say it's not what you know but who you know!

Jo
Old May 19th 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Hi Jo

Well done, the house looks lovely when will you know?

I am so pleased everything has fallen into place for you all, and you seem very happy.

Speak soon

Sandra x
Hi Sandra,

Hopefully we'll get the mortgage approved next week and then get a survey done. The house belongs to a friend of my brother and it's vacant so he's taken it off the market for us. He wants to exchange by mid July and then he said we can go in and do what we want. We are in this rental until 6th August so I think we'll stay here and get the house decorated and the shipping delivered before we move in. Don't want to unsettle Flynn anymore than we have to. Every time I go and view a house he says "is this our house now Mummy, are we staying here". He's been ok but had a few moments when he seems a bit overwhelmed so we are trying to stay at home a lot and spend a lot of time with my Mum and Dad and brother and sister in law. Let me know if there's any news your end.

Love

Jo
Old May 19th 2007, 6:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Looks lovely...congratulations. I hope you'll all feel settled and very happy there.
Old May 19th 2007, 6:56 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Where is maidenhead located in the UK? Looks like a nice affordable area.
Old May 19th 2007, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

Jox
A nice proper house, good luck to you all.
Old May 20th 2007, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Jo.
House looks lovely. A proper house
Hope you settle in well and all the best.
Old May 20th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Hi,

It's in Berkshire, about 20 miles from London and about 5 miles from Windsor. I don't think many people would agree with you about it being affordable! It's one of the most expensive places in the UK for houses (unfortunately for us). The trouble is, all our family and friends live here so it seems pointless to us to come back and live elsewhere.

Jo
Old May 20th 2007, 5:10 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Crikey woman, you don't mess about do you!!!

It looks lovely. Hope it all goes through for you o.k.
Old May 20th 2007, 5:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
Maidenhead is quite a nice town with good links by road and rail to London or Reading which is 18 miles away. Slough is 8 miles, Windsor 9 and 10 to Bracknell. Good place to be if you can stomach the house prices round that neck of the woods.
Old May 20th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Hell!!1 Good for you!! crickey cant believe how muh the property market is up there!!! Hope Mark got a good job

Had first home open today it was mad!!! ten couples in one hour!!! 2 couples coming back again this week

Glad your ok, been feelin a bit unsettled the last few days, shall we go to Uk or try Brisbane??? Dunno why

Then looking at your house and been looking at some near Ashford Kent in the little villages round that way i think nah home is UK...God knows why Im a bit nervous going back even though I miss everyone!!!

Hope that lovely baby or your is doing ok...

Well done again ....bigs hugs

Kath

p.s. heres the one ive just been in contact with agent about

Last edited by Kath & Graham; May 20th 2007 at 7:01 am.
Old May 20th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the house. Ive been back nearly two months and still living at my mums in a two bed flat. My teenage son is sleeping in the lounge. I secured a terms teaching work before I came back so that was good. However, ive applied for numerous jobs both permanent and years contract and heard nothing. Im also on the council housing list and 4 housing association lists and once agian nothing, we not classed as overcrowed either! Im in a catch 22 situation as dont think I can get a morgtage till I secure another teaching contract. Im actually going to view a house tomorrow and hopefully it will stay on the market till i get a mortgage offer.

Good luck with your move.

lolly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.