British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   back 2 weeks already (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/back-2-weeks-already-425159/)

Elvira Feb 9th 2007 3:00 pm

Re: back 2 weeks already

Originally Posted by woodyinoz (Post 4380943)
Will have to think up something quirky this weekend. Shame I can't change my login to woodyinuk without having to create a new account.

Paul or Sue will probably change it for you if you have a good reason and ask nicely! :)

JRB Feb 9th 2007 5:53 pm

Hi there, we've been back for nearly 2 months after living in Perth for 5 years. I am loving it and feel a sense of contentment and feel like I am home. I am loving the cold weather too. My 2 little kids are really settled and love being near their cousins, grandparents. The town we live in is great, has a sense of community and people are friendly.Loads for the kids to do with drop in toddler groups every day in a different venue, riverside walks, little cafes and countryside. We've been out every day mostly walking everywhere. In Perth I used to feel so housebound with 2 little ones as I couldn't stand the heat, the glare and the flies. Going walking was a major effort. Here I'm out all the time. Aussie husband is enjoying it too, it took him a while to get work but just landed a good contract. I don't really think about Perth at all, just little things like not being able to hang washing out!! and today a Wiggles clip came on TV and I felt abit nostalgic!!!!The house we are in here is nowhere near as nice as the Aussie one yet I am so much more happier here. Good luck for everyone returning- I reckon there are still some great parts of the UK. So much more to do here and I think the climate is better too!

Hayley Feb 9th 2007 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by JRB (Post 4382532)
Hi there, we've been back for nearly 2 months after living in Perth for 5 years. I am loving it and feel a sense of contentment and feel like I am home. I am loving the cold weather too. My 2 little kids are really settled and love being near their cousins, grandparents. The town we live in is great, has a sense of community and people are friendly.Loads for the kids to do with drop in toddler groups every day in a different venue, riverside walks, little cafes and countryside. We've been out every day mostly walking everywhere. In Perth I used to feel so housebound with 2 little ones as I couldn't stand the heat, the glare and the flies. Going walking was a major effort. Here I'm out all the time. Aussie husband is enjoying it too, it took him a while to get work but just landed a good contract. I don't really think about Perth at all, just little things like not being able to hang washing out!! and today a Wiggles clip came on TV and I felt abit nostalgic!!!!The house we are in here is nowhere near as nice as the Aussie one yet I am so much more happier here. Good luck for everyone returning- I reckon there are still some great parts of the UK. So much more to do here and I think the climate is better too!

These posts are great- karma to you- just what I need as I prepare to take the final plunge!

northernbird Feb 9th 2007 9:37 pm

I am really happy to hear that J. I was wondering whether you were OK.

THEGREATIDIOT Feb 9th 2007 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 4383541)
I am really happy to hear that J. I was wondering whether you were OK.

Gawd, I am so jealous! I'd love to see some bloody snow too.

TraceyW Feb 9th 2007 11:07 pm

You and me both mate!!:(

I love reading these posts from folk who've returned. It gives me the confidence that we can do this and the UK isn't all doom and gloom everyday.

sandrainaus Feb 9th 2007 11:43 pm

Hi J

I am so pleased for you,

I received your email and I have one on the way to you with all my news

Sandra

kiwi_child Feb 10th 2007 1:29 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 4381039)
My darling OH keeps on about moving to Brisbane and he reckons things will be much better there. So, he wants to go on holiday there next year. He's treating it like a rekkie....I just want to go to Seaworld personally!;)

I've lived in brisbane. Found the locals friendlier than perthites BUT the humidity in spring and summer is a killer!. be prepared: 29c at 6am on a september morning!!!

St.Georges Girl Feb 10th 2007 1:49 am

Originally Posted by kiwi_child (Post 4384338)
I've lived in brisbane. Found the locals friendlier than perthites BUT the humidity in spring and summer is a killer!. be prepared: 29c at 6am on a september morning!!!

The posts from the people who have returned home have just brought tears to my eyes. They also give me the will to push that bit harder to do it. Please keep posting with your updates and good luck to you all.

Nomore Feb 10th 2007 2:15 am

Nice post Woody. Glad things have worked out nicely for you all:thumbup:
Enjoy the snow.

MrsB Feb 10th 2007 3:47 am

Originally Posted by woodyinoz (Post 4380943)
Will have to think up something quirky this weekend. Shame I can't change my login to woodyinuk without having to create a new account.

You can - drop sue or paul a pm, I used to kendoddsdadsdogsdead, then I became kendodd now I'm you know who!

Will pm you with answers to your questions!

St.Georges Girl Feb 10th 2007 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Best (Post 4384630)
You can - drop sue or paul a pm, I used to kendoddsdadsdogsdead, then I became kendodd now I'm you know who!

Will pm you with answers to your questions!

Crikey, that was a mouthful Mrs.!

woodyinoz Feb 10th 2007 7:44 am

Where are you living?
Hubby starts a job on Monday so we can now start house hunting. Have you brought? I am finding that there are no properties on the market here and what does come on sells within minutes:eek:

nicola411 Feb 10th 2007 7:50 am

Originally Posted by arkon (Post 4381267)
Excellent Woody and I'm glad you are enjoying it, I can't tell you how envious I am, Every time I think of home it brings up pictures of Chocolate Crunchy Nut Clusters for some reason, for me almost a single reason good enough to go home.

We have our farm auction in March so with luck I won't be too far behind you.

Oh Arkon
I really have everything crossed for you. Best wishes
Nicola

St.Georges Girl Feb 10th 2007 8:34 am

Originally Posted by nicola411 (Post 4386066)
Oh Arkon
I really have everything crossed for you. Best wishes
Nicola

Ditto and do let us know how the auction goes.http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3/96741748mn0.gif