Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

BabyPaw, Family Support, and why I'm glad I came home

Wikiposts

BabyPaw, Family Support, and why I'm glad I came home

Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default BabyPaw, Family Support, and why I'm glad I came home

Hello all
Just thought I'd bore you with a wee pic of the new love of my life, born 25th March 04, Liverpool, UK!!

And will just add that we never intended to return from Oz at the time we did, but when we found out we were having a baby we decided that we wanted our families around us and it prompted us to move back. All I can say is that I am so glad we came back. After a very difficult birth and spell in hospital, I am so thankful we didn't have to go through this alone in Australia. The emotional and physical support of our families has been fantastic and it has made me realise how important families are. I only used to see my parents a couple of times a year and I always thought I was independant, could look after myself. How wrong I was.

Apart from the many other things I love about the UK, having my family close by has reached a new level of importance that it didn't have before.

I guess you don't know how much you need them until you need them. And it's always difficult to judge before you go overseas just how much you may need to depend on them.

Last edited by HiddenPaw; Apr 8th 2004 at 1:37 am.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

oops, lost the pic....hopefully it will work this time
Attached Thumbnails BabyPaw, Family Support, and why I'm glad I came home-babypaw.jpg  
Old Apr 8th 2004, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congratulations.
What a beautiful baby.
Your right about the 'don't realise you need them until you REALLY need them' scenario.

Have a lovely easter weekend
Old Apr 8th 2004, 1:56 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

YOU know you did the right thing and it seems to be working out fine.

Best wishes
G
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:01 am
Merlot

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
What a little cracker! Hope you are all well?

Wanted to send you an e-mail but been unable to access my account for 2 days now, getting fed up so decided to browse the expat site as I haven't been on for a while.

Being back is great, that horrid sinking homesick feeling has gone, been very busy catching up with people and still a few to see or call. No regrets at all about returning, should have done it years ago!!!

Off to your neck of the woods this weekend to see other half's family and a game at Old Toilet!

This is the first couple of hours I have had to myself since touch down as hubby off to a sports expo and Mum banished to her side of the house!

I don't miss one thing about Australia apart from friends there and hey when my jolly e-mail comes back I can have a chat. Love the cool weather, range of yummy (if not unhealthy) food and drink and being back in the bussom of the family! Bliss!!!

Must fly, need to wash down a Galaxy Ripple with a brew!

Merlot

Old Apr 8th 2004, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, what a sweetie. You must be so proud, such a lovely baby and all your family around you. Wish you all the best, and hope to see you in UK at our picnic soon!
Old Apr 8th 2004, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done HP. She looks scrummy!!! I'm glad things are working out for you and that you have no regrets, at least you've had the experience, eh?

What I would give for a little girl after seeing that. Oh no, I mustn't get broody.

Talk to you soon honey.xx
Old Apr 8th 2004, 9:36 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

What a beauty HP..she is gorgeous. All worth it aren't they.

Glad you are home amongst the good support network, hence our main reason for returning as we are trying for number 2. Cannot imagine being out here without the family.

Enjoy her ....they bring a new meaning of love to your life.

X
Pants
Old Apr 8th 2004, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

HP she really is beautiful, such a cute photo too. Enjoy every second, your families must be over the moon that little bundle is not on the other side of the world. Enjoy that wonderful time of life it really is the most precious time.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 10:05 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Just lovely, hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Congratualtions!
It is making me oh so broody seeing a picture like that but unfortunately dh doesn't agree!
Can well imagine how good it feels to be back amongst family.

Old Apr 13th 2004, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

I guess the tight black perm will come later then. aalll rite, all rite...

They do , dow, dosey doo dosey don't...

Congratulations...

We had our second baby over here in NZ seven months ago. I certainly see myself back in blighty some time but don't know when...
Old Apr 13th 2004, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

shamur will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel
I guess the tight black perm will come later then. aalll rite, all rite...

They do , dow, dosey doo dosey don't...

Congratulations...

We had our second baby over here in NZ seven months ago. I certainly see myself back in blighty some time but don't know when...

congratulations beautiful baby, best yeas of my life when I had little ones, that is also my wedding aniversary date, what a cutie.
Old Apr 14th 2004, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone for your best wishes.

I.'m still amazed how something so little can make sooooo much noise!!!

Wheels, she'll have a curly perm on top (from dad's side) and white stilletoes on the feet from mum's side!! Got good breeding has our bub!!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Tapalinga is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: BabyPaw, Family Support, and why I'm glad I came home

She's beautiful, you must be soooo proud. My little girl is now 24yrs and back in the UK and thats why i am going home. I can't wait to give her a big hug. Treasure every moment it is so special.

lots of love to you and your family

Hello all
Just thought I'd bore you with a wee pic of the new love of my life, born 25th March 04, Liverpool, UK!!

And will just add that we never intended to return from Oz at the time we did, but when we found out we were having a baby we decided that we wanted our families around us and it prompted us to move back. All I can say is that I am so glad we came back. After a very difficult birth and spell in hospital, I am so thankful we didn't have to go through this alone in Australia. The emotional and physical support of our families has been fantastic and it has made me realise how important families are. I only used to see my parents a couple of times a year and I always thought I was independant, could look after myself. How wrong I was.

Apart from the many other things I love about the UK, having my family close by has reached a new level of importance that it didn't have before.

I guess you don't know how much you need them until you need them. And it's always difficult to judge before you go overseas just how much you may need to depend on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.