Wikiposts

BA sales ex-UK now live

Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA sales ex-UK now live

Originally Posted by babybyrd
i know traceym
i am a ba crew member
i am just trying to be honest and say dont bank on it being the dates that the papers and news are implying you should expect

i will also point out that whatever the dates are IF a strike is voted for- my honest opinion is that almost all trans atlantic flights will operate on schedule from lhr and definitley all flights from lgw

from lhr chances are that they will be operated by employees from all other departments operating as volunteer crew

i dont think bookinga long haul flight is a risk at all to be honest
shorthaul on the other hand is a different matter
How very reassuring!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

babybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by traceym
How very reassuring!

i guess thats sarcasm

believe me i am not trying to drum up business for ba
im in dispute with them
whether people take advantage of a sale is their choice
but im open and honest and was trying to help people who were considering booking flights

doubt ill bother again
Old Dec 26th 2010, 4:06 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

How very reassuring!
It should be, as recent history backs this up. Remember this conversation came out of a discussion on redeeming vast quantities of BA miles.

I have no qualms about booking BA, because for me the opportunity to travel business or first for very little money stacks up favourably against the slight risk of cancellation due to strikes.

On the other hand if circumstances were different, e.g. paying the cash fare and maybe being locked in to very specific dates (say, for a family event) then I'd probably take a different view and book a different airline.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob

On the other hand if circumstances were different, e.g. paying the cash fare and maybe being locked in to very specific dates (say, for a family event) then I'd probably take a different view and book a different airline.
Thats my point!
Old Dec 26th 2010, 4:25 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Thats my point!
I know it is - you have been clear about that.

Coastie Expat and I were discussing the pros and cons of making a booking with miles though. As I said - at least for me - that skews things a little as it gives me an incentive to take on some risk, especially when based on experience I perceive the risk to be small. Obviously this type of scenario is largely an exercise in subjective decision-making, so it doesn't surprise me at all that people will have their own position on this.