Wikiposts

BA sales ex-UK now live

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 4:27 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default BA sales ex-UK now live

There's no messaging on the ba.com homepage, but ex-UK fares have just dropped circa 20% to many destinations, so it looks like they've just loaded in the new pricing for the annual Christmas sale. No use to expats themselves perhaps, but anyone who has visitors due to book flights might be able tio help them to save a few quid.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA sales ex-UK now live

Originally Posted by tonrob
There's no messaging on the ba.com homepage, but ex-UK fares have just dropped circa 20% to many destinations, so it looks like they've just loaded in the new pricing for the annual Christmas sale. No use to expats themselves perhaps, but anyone who has visitors due to book flights might be able tio help them to save a few quid.

Thanks mate, any idea how long this sale will last ?

BTW, just took advantage of the miles bonus, got WT+ SFO - LHR to MAN for 50,000 miles and 500 bucks Do you know if I can upgrade to CW with cash on a reward flight.

Cheers

Mick
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 5:36 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat

BTW, just took advantage of the miles bonus, got WT+ SFO - LHR to MAN for 50,000 miles and 500 bucks Do you know if I can upgrade to CW with cash on a reward flight.

Cheers

Mick
Not sure re length of sale.

Re upgrade with cash - on normal bookings it's sometimes offered inside 'manage my booking' on ba.com and also again sometimes at the airport (situational, and based on spare capacity). Not sure if this happens with reward bookings too though. Nice job cashing in on the miles bonus though. I just used my Chase 2-4-1 voucher to book BOS-LHR-FRA in CW for next August, but unfortunately the offers couldn't be stacked so that cost me 100,000.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

coastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond reputecoastieexpat has a reputation beyond repute

I was sorely tempted to fly first class for 112,00 miles, ( never flown in F before ). I only had about 175,000 in the pot though and didn't want to blow them all, I hope that deal comes up again though.

I wish my landlord took Visa, I could probably meet the requirements for the 2 for 1 , alas ! Kudo's to you though and I hope you enjoy your trip.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:00 am
Septic Sprout

I was sorely tempted to fly first class for 112,00 miles, ( never flown in F before ). I only had about 175,000 in the pot though and didn't want to blow them all, I hope that deal comes up again though.

I wish my landlord took Visa, I could probably meet the requirements for the 2 for 1 , alas ! Kudo's to you though and I hope you enjoy your trip.
Oh - there are other ways and means to get to the spend threshhold!

P.S. You know you can fly one way in one class and back in another? Just a way of compromising if you wanted to treat yourself one way.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tonrob
Oh - there are other ways and means to get to the spend threshhold!

P.S. You know you can fly one way in one class and back in another? Just a way of compromising if you wanted to treat yourself one way.
I don't think I could drink that much.

Good Idea F one way CW return or vice versa.

May I ask what your Moniker is on FT, mines coatieexpat, ( same as this one , I just forgot to add the " s " ).

Mick

Pm. me if you prefer.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

BA have just announced a new ballot on staff for a strike half term in February week, perfect timing given the chaos in the UK at the mo, way to go BA! Just so everyone is aware.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by traceym
BA have just announced a new ballot on staff for a strike half term in February week, perfect timing given the chaos in the UK at the mo, way to go BA! Just so everyone is aware.
Wow thanks for the info... I was thinking about booking a flight in late January returning early February , ( around the 9th ).

When is Half Term ?
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thanks for the info... I was thinking about booking a flight in late January returning early February , ( around the 9th ).

When is Half Term ?
No idea but its to co inside with UK half Term holidays in February the news said.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

No idea but its to co inside with UK half Term holidays in February the news said.
Found this via google...

"A war of words has broken out between the airline and the union after Unite announced its decision to hold a month long ballot of its members over strike action between next Tuesday and 21 January."
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Cheers

Mick
If the sale is the same as the last few years it finishes at the end of January but has been "extended" for a couple of days both years so you don't miss out on the the deals
Old Dec 25th 2010, 11:53 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

When is Half Term ?
Check out this site:

Choose yer region

Dates in question seem to be 21 - 25 February

1) Glad I'll be going back the 2nd week in Feb
2) Another reason not to fly BA
3) Another reason to avoid Heathrow

Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

babybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to all

the news isnt always right : )
Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by babybyrd
the news isnt always right : )
I'm fully aware of that unfortunately BA's track record over the last 12 months speaks for itself and I'd like to think it's better to be safe than sorry.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

babybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to allbabybyrd is a name known to all

I'm fully aware of that unfortunately BA's track record over the last 12 months speaks for itself and I'd like to think it's better to be safe than sorry.
i know traceym
i am a ba crew member
i am just trying to be honest and say dont bank on it being the dates that the papers and news are implying you should expect

i will also point out that whatever the dates are IF a strike is voted for- my honest opinion is that almost all trans atlantic flights will operate on schedule from lhr and definitley all flights from lgw

from lhr chances are that they will be operated by employees from all other departments operating as volunteer crew

i dont think bookinga long haul flight is a risk at all to be honest
shorthaul on the other hand is a different matter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.