Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Australia..... why such a slagging ?

Australia..... why such a slagging ?

Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:11 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australia..... why such a slagging ?

Yes , you can't trust the Aussies they are descended from convicts, all a bunch of con men, lying about how great OZ is to trick unsuspecting Poms into immigrating then taking all their money off them.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Dec 20th 2006 at 5:10 am.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Yes , you can't trust the Aussies they are desended from convicts, all a bunch of con men, lieing about how great OZ is to trick unsuspecting Poms into immigrating then taking all their money off them.
And they sent the biggest thieves & con men to NZ I think.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:00 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Yes , you can't trust the Aussies they are desended from convicts, all a bunch of con men, lieing about how great OZ is to trick unsuspecting Poms into immigrating then taking all their money off them.

They can't spell either, you seem to be fitting right in.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:19 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I think its the humidity over your way thats the killer. It gets hot here in Perth too but for me its bearable because its a dry heat.
What is it with all the complaints about the heat....

I am in the Illawarra, 100k South of Sydney and I will swear blind it rains more here than it did in West Country. Just how much does it have to rain before the drought ends?.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

I think its the humidity over your way thats the killer. It gets hot here in Perth too but for me its bearable because its a dry heat.
I was wondering about that.I watch the tempreture in Perth because that was my first choice.A girl has just arrived here from the uk but she was in Perth with her family first and said that it was far more pleasant heat wise.Maybe I could use this has a lets try Perth .
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

I am in the Illawarra, 100k South of Sydney and I will swear blind it rains more here than it did in West Country. Just how much does it have to rain before the drought ends?.
Is it green there then?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:39 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by by the sea side
Is it green there then?
Yes all the countyside along the East Coast of OZ is green.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

No complaints here my friend, was responding to a post about the heat in QLD.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:40 am
Account Closed

Is it green there then?
I can't tell if the grass is green.. its underwater

...but yeah, its very green. We have probably had rain on at least a couple of the days of every week for months now... and its been raining since about 9 last night and its just stopped now.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering about that.I watch the tempreture in Perth because that was my first choice.A girl has just arrived here from the uk but she was in Perth with her family first and said that it was far more pleasant heat wise.Maybe I could use this has a lets try Perth .
Personally the humidity would kill me. I know you have said you like to walk and there are still loads of walkers and cyclists out even when its nearly 40 degrees.

If you don't want to go home just yet a holiday in Perth might be worth a try. Will give you the very short guided tour if you do
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

Perth has more rainfall annually than Manchester.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:47 am
Account Closed

Perth has more rainfall annually than Manchester.
I know..
I love telling Aussies those sort of facts.. I have been called a bare faced liar before now for saying that Sydney gets more rain than London.. and its not just a bit more, its a lot more.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Personally the humidity would kill me. I know you have said you like to walk and there are still loads of walkers and cyclists out even when its nearly 40 degrees.

If you don't want to go home just yet a holiday in Perth might be worth a try. Will give you the very short guided tour if you do
Holiday is a good idea. i was suppose to go to the uk in Jan for a wedding with my youngest who would love to return but oh going into hospital on this e date I was leaving so I have put it off.I haven't informed 17 year old yet!

So it is a possible alternative but I have the feeling that oh is well over it even though I wasn't the one that wanted to come.
May take you up on short tour! i just read somewhere Perth is rubbish oh well different strokes and all that.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

Holiday is a good idea. i was suppose to go to the uk in Jan for a wedding with my youngest who would love to return but oh going into hospital on this e date I was leaving so I have put it off.I haven't informed 17 year old yet!

So it is a possible alternative but I have the feeling that oh is well over it even though I wasn't the one that wanted to come.
May take you up on short tour! i just read somewhere Perth is rubbish oh well different strokes and all that.
The thing is people saying Perth is rubbish is very subjective. Personally as you all know I don't find it rubbish but England has nothing for me anymore so my life is here now.

I have always said that if you like pubs/clubs/decent shopping, travel to oldey worldy cities and villages etc etc and have a close family who you see pretty much all the time and a wide circle of friends then emigration is not for you, let alone the country that is furthest away from "home" and as I have said before has as much culture as the greek yoghurt in my fridge. It is beyond me while people put themselves through it.

We don't always see eye to eye but if you come to Perth on holiday and you need a tour guide then feel free to get in touch. Genuine offer.

Last edited by northernbird; Dec 20th 2006 at 6:06 am.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

I can't tell if the grass is green.. its underwater

...but yeah, its very green. We have probably had rain on at least a couple of the days of every week for months now... and its been raining since about 9 last night and its just stopped now.
Well all i can say is enjoy the green! I bet it's brought out the mozzies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.