Au revoir mon amies!

Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Au revoir mon amies!

Well, I have made a huuuuuge decision and that is to leave BE!

I've had some great times, laughs and wonderful support on here, as well as the obligatory arguments (usually over in the Barbie LOL!).

I made a decision over New Year that I need to focus much more on my degree and being productive with my time, and stop procrastinating on t'interweb.

The other thing is that I know I'm stuck here for another 8 years so I have to make the best of it and it's just too depressing to me to continue hearing of people returning and what I am missing and so on. I need to focus my energies away from what I can't have onto what I have got, for the short term at least.

So, I just wanted to say a great big thanks to everyone on here for all the friendship, I have really appreciated the advice, support and camaraderie over some pretty shitty times over the past couple of years.

Anyone who wants to stay in touch I will still be on Facebook (some addictions are just too strong ). I wish everyone all the best in their lives - either in their current country or back in the motherland.

Love Faye x
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Au revoir mon amies!

Good luck Faye

You will be missed

I hope your studies all go well.

Feel pretty similar myself much of the time

G
Old Jan 17th 2009, 4:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be missed - just make sure you leave your account open in case the urge gets too strong
Old Jan 17th 2009, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you Faye - I really enjoy your posts and will miss what you have to say! All the best with the degree!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Faye. I understand what you mean about the 8yr thing. I committed to stay for 3.5yrs in 2006 and that has been very tough. You definitely need to distract yourself for a few years, because good as MBTTUK is, unless you can see your own light at the end of the tunnel, it can be depressing constantly reading about returnees and soon to be returnees.

(I don't know how Quoll does it! )
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody

I've had some great times, laughs and wonderful support on here, as well as the obligatory arguments (usually over in the Barbie LOL!).

I made a decision over New Year that I need to focus much more on my degree and being productive with my time, and stop procrastinating on t'interweb.

The other thing is that I know I'm stuck here for another 8 years so I have to make the best of it and it's just too depressing to me to continue hearing of people returning and what I am missing and so on. I need to focus my energies away from what I can't have onto what I have got, for the short term at least.

So, I just wanted to say a great big thanks to everyone on here for all the friendship, I have really appreciated the advice, support and camaraderie over some pretty shitty times over the past couple of years.

Anyone who wants to stay in touch I will still be on Facebook (some addictions are just too strong ). I wish everyone all the best in their lives - either in their current country or back in the motherland.

Love Faye x
Good luck, I can understand what you're saying - but keep your account open!

There have been long stretches where I would stay away from BE just to preserve my sanity (for reasons similar to what you are alludng to). However, I have had a lot of help from people on here at various times and so I always seem to come back (like just lately). You never know when you might need to come back for a short while to get your "fix".
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:22 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I shall miss you on here Faye

As others have said just leave your account in case you need us. Glad you still on FB. Would hate to lose contact altogether.

I'm not posting as much lately. Just not in the mood. I find it comes in waves.
I have also noticed in recent months this section has come much more active with a lot more posters from all over the globe. We used to have our cosy little "club" in here, but it has become less so because of the larger numbers. I guess in some ways that is good and others not so.

All the best. See you in FB ! xxxxx
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

All the best. As others have said leave your account open...ask Sue to disable it that way you won't be tempted to post. If and when you are ready to return Sue can 'plug' you in again.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Love Faye x
All the best, you will be missed, your humour and wisdom.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:54 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwww, sad to see you go but understand your reasons. Wondering if your recent trip home has anything to do with it??
I'm on Facebook too - as much as I loathe it I still go on everyday!
Have a wonderful life and look forwards to what you dream of!

*pearly*
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Faye, yes you will definitely be missed on here. I have always enjoyed your lovely posts. You are some woman at times, and I love that! But, totally understand your need to focus on the here and now and not the distant future. BE is a double edged sword if you can't go back to the UK right now.

Enjoy your life, and thank you so much for the karma
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Completely understand - all the best with your studies
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Faye - have enjoyed reading your posts, but fully understand your reasons for calling it a day. BE is a double edged sword if you can't go back to the UK in the immediate future.
All the best!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck with your studies Faye, come and visit us in a few months maybe.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:13 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Love Faye x
A plus tard ma petite oiseau.

Last edited by DunRoaminTheUK; Jan 19th 2009 at 4:16 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.