Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attacked on dog beach with kids

Originally Posted by jojosan
JG you are being positive, and I'm glad for that... I do agree with you, and realise that you have tried to "defend" to a certain extent the MBTTUK-er's!!

Just don't understand the point above?? Is that supposed to be a particular free-for-all forum then??? Or should we just expect the 'secret' nasty comments we get in karma form? (Clearly not from you, I hasten to add!)

Anyway, moving on...
If you or anyone else receive comments you feel are objectionable...whether they are in the form of PMs, karma messages or posts...you should inform a mod or admin. We do not have a crystal ball that enables us to see all and everything.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:09 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I know...so we are in agreement that this could have happened anywhere...not just Aus? I made the mistake of quoting you...but my reply is to everyone. It is normally wiser to walk away or ignore a situation than to retaliate...which is what the OP did. OK she is shaken and stirred but depending on her reaction the situation could have become much worse.
Yes of course and I've never said otherwise. This sort of thing can and no doubt does happen everywhere, but we are living in Oz so that's where for us, these things are going on. As for Nicola, I already gave my opinion on that, so no more to be said.

Originally Posted by jojosan
JG you are being positive, and I'm glad for that... I do agree with you, and realise that you have tried to "defend" to a certain extent the MBTTUK-er's!!

Just don't understand the point above?? Is that supposed to be a particular free-for-all forum then??? Or should we just expect the 'secret' nasty comments we get in karma form? (Clearly not from you, I hasten to add!)

Anyway, moving on...
You're getting them too eh?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:17 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

If you or anyone else receive comments you feel are objectionable...whether they are in the form of PMs, karma messages or posts...you should inform a mod or admin. We do not have a crystal ball that enables us to see all and everything.
Hi JG

Thanks for this morning BTW..

Theres not much point in reporting it though is there? Whilst you and other mods try to do a good job keeping the piece, the truth is that if someone really wants to act like a right knobend and cause trouble they will. There is anonymoud proxys i discovered last week! My husband told me. I tmeans they can make up aliases at will and just keep coming in. How cowardly is that? Some people might not like what i say, but at least i have the balls to stand up as who i am, speak my mind AND show my face.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Hi JG

Theres not much point in reporting it though is there? Whilst you and other mods try to do a good job keeping the piece, the truth is that if someone really wants to act like a right knobend and cause trouble they will. There is anonymoud proxys i discovered last week! My husband told me. I tmeans they can make up aliases at will and just keep coming in. How cowardly is that? Some people might not like what i say, but at least i have the balls to stand up as who i am, speak my mind AND show my face.
Not only that, they can make it look as though they are from another country.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JG

We have our ways and means. All I can say to you and anyone else who receives an objectionable PM/karma message/post is to report it to a mod or admin. We try our best...but if you guys don't tell us some can fly under the radar.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:33 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

We have our ways and means. All I can say to you and anyone else who receives an objectionable PM/karma message/post is to report it to a mod or admin. We try our best...but if you guys don't tell us some can fly under the radar.
Thanks JG, but i doubt this particular one is flying under anyones radar
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:53 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nicola411
What I cant understand about Aus is and please anyone out there correct me if I am wrong. Why cant people with big dogs support and understand that just because we have little dogs they also have every right to play and have fun doing doggy things without being harrassed by bigger dogs constantly.

Dont get me wrong everyone is not like this but I think its irrelevant if your dog is in the park or beach if it is harrassing another dog or child it should be at least called back to its owner.

I am defo not going to the police. The last time I rang them to say I had chased down a hit and run driver and didnt know what to do they told me I was wasting police time.
Hi Nicola,

I'm truly sorry to hear about such a negative and disturbing incident. I would like to say that there are owners of big dogs out there (and yes, many of us are Australian ) who do take their responsibility as owners seriously and would never hesitate to call off / control their dog if it was harrassing another dog (regardless of size) or a person. There are some dog owners who are simply irresponsible and shouldn't, IMHO, be allowed to keep animals of any sort, particularly ones that can threaten other animals. It sounds like you've come across one of them.

I can also understand why you wouldn't want to go to the police, esp given your previous experience, but I would strongly urge you to report this incident. If you have a local neighbourhood watch association you could also consider reporting it to them. No-one should be able to assault anyone in this manner, let alone a woman in front of her children. Your complaint may stop this happening to others. Just my two cents.

I hope you, the kids and your dog are all okay

Alicia
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JG

A good many people who have been banned from here in the past have been using proxys and we have still banned them. If you don't report things how on earth do you expect us to even try to deal with them. I have had a pm forwarded to me which refers to a post on this thread, and I will deal with it - I would've done earlier but that little thing called work got in the way.

If you feel there is no point in reporting people, then don't bother, but don't whinge when nothing gets done.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:58 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A good many people who have been banned from here in the past have been using proxys and we have still banned them. If you don't report things how on earth do you expect us to even try to deal with them. I have had a pm forwarded to me which refers to a post on this thread, and I will deal with it - I would've done earlier but that little thing called work got in the way.

If you feel there is no point in reporting people, then don't bother, but don't whinge when nothing gets done.
Look, no need to be on the defensive Polly, no one is getting at you or the mods.
It was meant more as a genuine question asking about proxys as i know very little about them. If what my husband told me about them is true i couldnt see how you can solve the problem, simple as that, no hidden agenda !!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:26 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Where do these PMs and dodgy karma's come from? I 'aint had one ever...even a nice one!!
People, feel free to PM or karma me, even the bad ones, I'm not a sensitive person.....if I started worrying 'bout all the folk who didn't like me I'd never sleep at night, just take a number and join the Q
All our operators are busy, your insult will be ignored within the next 15 minutes...........
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:36 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Celcius
Where do these PMs and dodgy karma's come from? I 'aint had one ever...even a nice one!!
People, feel free to PM or karma me, even the bad ones, I'm not a sensitive person.....if I started worrying 'bout all the folk who didn't like me I'd never sleep at night, just take a number and join the Q
All our operators are busy, your insult will be ignored within the next 15 minutes...........
You must have had nice karma 'cos you have all the boxes under your name. You're a karma whore aren't you.....
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:44 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
You must have had nice karma 'cos you have all the boxes under your name. You're a karma whore aren't you.....
Darn it! And i fell for it hook line and sinker
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:48 am

Darn it! And i fell for it hook line and sinker
Boxes, what does that mean?? I'm afraid I'm just a regular wh0re
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:51 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Celcius
Boxes, what does that mean?? I'm afraid I'm just a regular wh0re
Click on "my profile" at the top left of your page. Scroll down. There must be a pile of karma in there for you.

If you look to your left where your name is, underneath at the bottom is a long line of little blue boxes. That denotes how much karma people have sent you
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:59 am

Click on "my profile" at the top left of your page. Scroll down. There must be a pile of karma in there for you.

If you look to your left where your name is, underneath at the bottom is a long line of little blue boxes. That denotes how much karma people have sent you
Took me a while to suss it out but hell yeah, I'm the karma king!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.