Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all
Default Re: Attacked on dog beach with kids

Don't forget that if YOU retaliate YOU'RE the one in the shit.

So take heed, if you're going to beat the shit out of someone who's started on you because you fear for your life or the lives of others, make sure there's no witnesses or CCTV.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcpiano
Don't forget that if YOU retaliate YOU'RE the one in the shit.

So take heed, if you're going to beat the shit out of someone who's started on you because you fear for your life or the lives of others, make sure there's no witnesses or CCTV.
I was never going to retaliate I had 2 kids and a small dog with me, I didnt have any free arms.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola411
I was never going to retaliate I had 2 kids and a small dog with me, I didnt have any free arms.
You did the right thing IMHO...who knows what it could have led to if you had.

It must have been a very frightening experience for you and your children.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You did the right thing IMHO...who knows what it could have led to if you had.

It must have been a very frightening experience for you and your children.
Very, especially as it was unprovoked. But I did sense that he was going to clout me that is why I stayed sat on the floor with my child on my knee so all he could get to was my head. Sounds wierd I know but I needed to try and keep the situation calm for the kids and I felt if I had stood up it would have made him more aggressive.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:28 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Retaliation can be most dangerous. It can release all the pent up aggression of an inadequate and violent person.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by nicola411
Yesterday while sat on the dog beach with my boys and our mini yorkie I was assalted(cant spell it) The boys and I had been playing hand ball on the beach for about an hour. I am sat on the sand with Tinki and the boys are right in front of me. Anyway the next thing you know this massive white dog barrels down on us and stands on Tinks she starts yelping and my 9 year old picks her up and this massive dog is trying to get at Tinks while Fin is holding her above his head. Anyway this dog is still trying to get at Tinks but is jumping up at my son and scratching him and he is starting to panic. The dog owner is walking by watching this and I nicely said to him can you call your dog off my son please.

Well he snarls at me this is a leash free beach. I said I know I just want you to call your dog he is scaring my son. Anyway he continues walking off I then said hey call your dog. He then turns around starts screaming in my face I need to control my kids and my dog.(my boys are 5 and 9 and my dog is no bigger than a small cat. My youngest at this stage is crying his eyes out and I was thinking oh sherbet this guy is gonna belt me in a minute. So by now I am looking around for help and he starts to look like he is going to walk off then he turns around and belts me on the back of my head and knocks my sun hat flying and runs off. The boys were petrified and I must admit I was shaken up. But I just didnt know what to do. Two blokes against a 5"4 small boned woman. Anyway this other guy comes racing down the beach to help but the other guy had run off. A teenage girl came over and asked my why that guy just hit me.

Can you flippin believe it.

Anyway I just thought I would point out nothing has ever happened to me or the boys back home over here its just lack of courtesy,respect and common decency.
Can you believe this Nicola!!!!! Yesterday we all went to Rottness Island for a day out...me, OH, kids and his mate.
We took our bikes and rode round all the island. Had a great time, no trouble at all..until the last minute. My eldest son accidentally knocked into another mans bike (hundreds of bikers there)...this guy started hurling abuse at my lad...effing this, effing that...the guy threw his bike to the ground and offered my son out. Now this man was in his 30's, he had his 2 kids with him and his wife. My son is 12..Yes this guy was an aggressive Aussie.

Not wanting to cause a scene we just let it go and rode away. As much as i wanted to smack him in the balls, i thought i am not lowering my standards to his level. He is nothing but a coward.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Can you believe this Nicola!!!!! Yesterday we all went to Rottness Island for a day out...me, OH, kids and his mate.
We took our bikes and rode round all the island. Had a great time, no trouble at all..until the last minute. My eldest son accidentally knocked into another mans bike (hundreds of bikers there)...this guy started hurling abuse at my lad...effing this, effing that...the guy threw his bike to the ground and offered my son out. Now this man was in his 30's, he had his 2 kids with him and his wife. My son is 12..Yes this guy was an aggressive Aussie.

Not wanting to cause a scene we just let it go and rode away. As much as i wanted to smack him in the balls, i thought i am not lowering my standards to his level. He is nothing but a coward.
To you...that's all I have to say.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 24th 2008 at 2:43 am.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:33 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal23
Nicola

You should definitely report this to the police especially as this fine specimen of a man:curse: thought there was no problem to hit you in front of 2 young children. Being verbally abused and being bashed are two entirely different things.

Even if they don't/won't/can't do anything about this guy it will probably make your kids feel psychologically better knowing the police know about it too. There will also be a record of your complaint in case it happens to someone else.

Hope you feel better soon
I totally agree. Not only do you have a description of the creep and his dog (which could easily be looked up via the licence if you know the breed), you could be helping to make the beach safer for others. What a frigging cowardly ar**hole! He deserves being reported and more and, I would have marched down to the Police Station with my boys so they could see that something can and should be done about this sort of behaviour.

Originally Posted by livinginwa
nicola,

thats a crap incident, dont think about, I was abused byu some tosser last week,,,,,, on the beach for not parking correctly... soon as I got my fishing gear I realised how great everything was,,,and its just a incident in everyfay life no matter where you are
Oh you poor little mite. I bet that was so scary for you. How on earth can you possibly compare that incident to what happened to Nicola? Brainless.

Originally Posted by rabsody
oh give it a rest will you, it's not an aus vs uk thing, nicola's just been assaulted in front of her kids FFS! all the fishing in the world isn't going to help that, don't be so simplistic and patronising. :curse:

you know what they say "if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". toddle off and annoy someone else now won't you. :curse:
It's people like him that make Oz what it is IMO.

Originally Posted by johnh009
Good job you didn't grow up in the area of Leeds where I grew up. Kids who wore glasses and/or were overweight were always considered fair game. Now I live in Canada, if you picked on people who were overweight, 90% of the population would be at risk (joke, albeit in poor taste).
How do know you she didn't?

Originally Posted by Triboy
For the same reason that Aussies get about in huge f**k off V8 cars and tailgate people in smaller cars, think nothing of throwing bottles at cyclists and don't slow down for anything. They are bullies and cowards.
...and use cricket bats as weapons.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

God totally unbelievable! How incredibly grown up of him, trying to fight a 12 year old?!!!

I am wondering if this sort of thing is the reason why there are so many penile dysfunction adverts in Australia! The men clearly have no balls, but are just blatant gob shites.:curse:
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:05 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojosan
God totally unbelievable! How incredibly grown up of him, trying to fight a 12 year old?!!!

I am wondering if this sort of thing is the reason why there are so many penile dysfunction adverts in Australia! The men clearly have no balls, but are just blatant gob shites.:curse:
Yes it does make you wonder!!

I often think to myself what is it that makes aussie blokes so emotionally dysfunctional? There IS a difference! Of course we all know blokes of many different cultures who act like knob ends, but it appears to be an acceptable part of Australian life to behave like this towards other people.
Once again another example of Australia being caught in a time warp where men are a bit like 1970s characatures... you know.. "The Sweeney" types John Thaw and whatshisname... oh Terry from Minder! I have memory block
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, can we please have a bit less abuse pointed at Australians? We all know that there is a certain percentage of the population that abuse the rules of a civilisied society, but this isn't confined to Aussies.
BE doesn't allow racist comments, and this applies to anti-Australian comments as much as it does to any other race.

Can you just tone it down a little, thanks.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:44 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Guys, can we please have a bit less abuse pointed at Australians? We all know that there is a certain percentage of the population that abuse the rules of a civilisied society, but this isn't confined to Aussies.
BE doesn't allow racist comments, and this applies to anti-Australian comments as much as it does to any other race.

Can you just tone it down a little, thanks.
I accept what you say Polly and i am aware you are married to an Australian. I am not casting aspersions on individuals. As i said in my post i am also aware it is not just confined to them, but it is a well recognised trait and often characatured feature of Australian men to be sexist and mysogenistic. My big surprise was to find out (and this IS my personal experience not guess work) that it is actually born out to be true for me. Of course there are decent Australians and plenty of them. I do have friends you know!! And i do honestly believe that the ugly behaviour others here have experienced is somehow "Acceptable" for a lot of people in this country. It is not meant to be racist but part of the discussion on the culture and society here.

I will also accept you consider it racist (although zenophobic would be more apt but i wont split hairs) If this is the case it should also be noted and considered unacceptable to state derogitory comments about any country uncluding the British..shouldnt it?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I accept what you say Polly and i am aware you are married to an Australian. I am not casting aspersions on individuals. As i said in my post i am also aware it is not just confined to them, but it is a well recognised trait and often characatured feature of Australian men to be sexist and mysogenistic. My big surprise was to find out (and this IS my personal experience not guess work) that it is actually born out to be true for me. Of course there are decent Australians and plenty of them. I do have friends you know!! And i do honestly believe that the ugly behaviour others here have experienced is somehow "Acceptable" for a lot of people in this country. It is not meant to be racist but part of the discussion on the culture and society here.

I will also accept you consider it racist (although zenophobic would be more apt but i wont split hairs) If this is the case it should also be noted and considered unacceptable to state derogitory comments about any country uncluding the British..shouldnt it?
My post above has nothing to do with my personal life, OR any personal opinions I may hold.
It was posted as a moderator who has received complaints from other posters regarding racist comments, ie anti-Australian.
I would be asking for some of the comment to be toned down regardless of which race was under discussion. Some people on BE are very quick to complain when sweeping statements are made about the British, and they expect us to act on them, in the interests of fairness we are expected to do the same when complaints are made regarding sweeping statements about Australians.

Now lets get back to the topic - its horrifying that bullies like this exist anywhere in the world.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:01 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

You see them in the UK too, sadly, and I don't doubt that they exist everywhere. Sad, because things are so much nicer in a civilised environment where arguments are solely carried out verbally.

I always liked the saying that civilisation was begun by the first person who abused their neighbour with swearwords instead of bashing their brains out with a club.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its the lack of concern they show towards kids that really grates on my most. Good on you for rising above the situation if we get drawn into it thats when they win. Cowards, bullies and racists thats what comes to mind when I think of Aussies.

How is the house sale going?

NIc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.