Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Attacked on dog beach with kids

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

ree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Attacked on dog beach with kids

Originally Posted by nicola411
Yesterday while sat on the dog beach with my boys and our mini yorkie I was assalted(cant spell it) The boys and I had been playing hand ball on the beach for about an hour. I am sat on the sand with Tinki and the boys are right in front of me. Anyway the next thing you know this massive white dog barrels down on us and stands on Tinks she starts yelping and my 9 year old picks her up and this massive dog is trying to get at Tinks while Fin is holding her above his head. Anyway this dog is still trying to get at Tinks but is jumping up at my son and scratching him and he is starting to panic. The dog owner is walking by watching this and I nicely said to him can you call your dog off my son please.

Well he snarls at me this is a leash free beach. I said I know I just want you to call your dog he is scaring my son. Anyway he continues walking off I then said hey call your dog. He then turns around starts screaming in my face I need to control my kids and my dog.(my boys are 5 and 9 and my dog is no bigger than a small cat. My youngest at this stage is crying his eyes out and I was thinking oh sherbet this guy is gonna belt me in a minute. So by now I am looking around for help and he starts to look like he is going to walk off then he turns around and belts me on the back of my head and knocks my sun hat flying and runs off. The boys were petrified and I must admit I was shaken up. But I just didnt know what to do. Two blokes against a 5"4 small boned woman. Anyway this other guy comes racing down the beach to help but the other guy had run off. A teenage girl came over and asked my why that guy just hit me.

Can you flippin believe it.

Anyway I just thought I would point out nothing has ever happened to me or the boys back home over here its just lack of courtesy,respect and common decency.
That is disgusting. Hopefully he will get what's coming to him
Originally Posted by livinginwa
nicola,
thats a crap incident, dont think about, I was abused byu some tosser last week,,,,,, on the beach for not parking correctly... soon as I got my fishing gear I realised how great everything was,,,and its just a incident in everyfay life no matter where you are
Can I just say on behalf of everyone in here that I hope the next fish you run into is a Great White
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jandysi
My OH is always saying how here in australia people just bash you for the slightest reason and its so random too. It's awful!!

Janine
Good job you didn't grow up in the area of Leeds where I grew up. Kids who wore glasses and/or were overweight were always considered fair game. Now I live in Canada, if you picked on people who were overweight, 90% of the population would be at risk (joke, albeit in poor taste).

Last edited by johnh009; Mar 22nd 2008 at 2:26 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

grevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of light

Firstly, my heart goes out to you Nicola, I can understand how upset you must feel by this. The other posters are right - please report this man so that his behavior goes on record, then if anyone else suffers in the same way, the police will have more info with which to tackle this. I hope you are starting to feel calmer now, you poor thing.

As for the post below, frankly, this type of comment ought to be beneath our contempt. I was mugged AT KNIFEPOINT in London recently, and it really shook me up. However I wouldn't DREAM of going around telling people that 'in England people just bash you for the slightest reason and its so random too.' . I would consider such a comment a mindless generalisation, an insult to the overwhelming majority of kind & decent Brits, and borderline racist too.

We need to be clear that both Nicola and I were attacked by the kind of nasty low-life that live *everywhere* in the world, more's the pity.

Cheers
G.

Originally Posted by Jandysi
Oh That's hideous!!

My OH is always saying how here in australia people just bash you for the slightest reason and its so random too. It's awful!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Yesterday while sat on the dog beach with my boys and our mini yorkie I was assalted(cant spell it) The boys and I had been playing hand ball on the beach for about an hour. I am sat on the sand with Tinki and the boys are right in front of me. Anyway the next thing you know this massive white dog barrels down on us and stands on Tinks she starts yelping and my 9 year old picks her up and this massive dog is trying to get at Tinks while Fin is holding her above his head. Anyway this dog is still trying to get at Tinks but is jumping up at my son and scratching him and he is starting to panic. The dog owner is walking by watching this and I nicely said to him can you call your dog off my son please.

Well he snarls at me this is a leash free beach. I said I know I just want you to call your dog he is scaring my son. Anyway he continues walking off I then said hey call your dog. He then turns around starts screaming in my face I need to control my kids and my dog.(my boys are 5 and 9 and my dog is no bigger than a small cat. My youngest at this stage is crying his eyes out and I was thinking oh sherbet this guy is gonna belt me in a minute. So by now I am looking around for help and he starts to look like he is going to walk off then he turns around and belts me on the back of my head and knocks my sun hat flying and runs off. The boys were petrified and I must admit I was shaken up. But I just didnt know what to do. Two blokes against a 5"4 small boned woman. Anyway this other guy comes racing down the beach to help but the other guy had run off. A teenage girl came over and asked my why that guy just hit me.

Anyway I just thought I would point out nothing has ever happened to me or the boys back home over here its just lack of courtesy,respect and common decency.
Can't believe what i am reading absolutely disgusting behaviour.

I'm just glad you are going home Nicola. Leave the scum behind.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:59 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rabsody
oh give it a rest will you, it's not an aus vs uk thing, nicola's just been assaulted in front of her kids FFS! all the fishing in the world isn't going to help that, don't be so simplistic and patronising. :curse:

you know what they say "if you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". toddle off and annoy someone else now won't you. :curse:
Rabsody

True colours will always out and they just have in this particular troll's case. To compare verbal abuse with a serious assault on a woman in front of two young kids beggars belief and shows he has an IQ in single figures.

Hopefully he's run back to The Update forum where he can slag off the UK and big up Perth to his sycophantic groupie mates on there.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:19 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ree76
That is disgusting. Hopefully he will get what's coming to him

Can I just say on behalf of everyone in here that I hope the next fish you run into is a Great White

pmsl

post of the week
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

That's appalling! I'm so sorry that you and your children had such a horrific experience. I'm with everyone else on this one, tell the police on the son of bitch. The fact that he has a large white dog would certainly make him easy to identify if he is in the habit of walking on that beach.

I really hope you and your kids can begin to feel a little better soon.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

So by now I am looking around for help and he starts to look like he is going to walk off then he turns around and belts me on the back of my head and knocks my sun hat flying and runs off. The boys were petrified and I must admit I was shaken up. But I just didnt know what to do. Two blokes against a 5"4 small boned woman. Anyway this other guy comes racing down the beach to help but the other guy had run off. A teenage girl came over and asked my why that guy just hit me.

That's terrible!! Are you okay now? It must have really shaken you and the boys up. And as to them saying anything about Tinks - she's smaller than a cat! How on earth could they say she was doing anything threatening in the slightest??? Truly, weirdly, bizarre. Can't believe you got caught up in it.

Oh, and whereabouts was it? That'll go on my 'list of beaches to avoid' (not that I've got one, but if I did...!)

Sarah
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jojosan
Nicola, I agree with all these! You should report it to the police as he's probably someone who regularly walks his dog on that beach, so could possibly be easy to find him. I think I would go again (with hubby though!) and see if I could see him - then could call the police again and tell them he's there. Maybe I'm living in dreamland, but you never know, the police may be responsive and come out?

I feel so sorry for you and hope you and your sons feel a bit better soon. How blooming awful.
Take care xx
hi Nicola, so sorry to hear of your terrible incident, hope you and the kids are ok. When things like this happen , and it is no fault of yours, it can dwell inside and just makes you plane angry...justified I might add, that you may feel a bit helpless. A friend of mine had similar situation happen to him, assualted for no reason, and went to the police. After giving statement to police, nothing else was heard for two months, then cheques started to arrive in the mail every 2 weeks. Variuos amounts from $20 up to $60. After calling police they stated they had caught the guy and he was orded to pay compensation. Bet he won't be assualting people in a hurry again...any way, again, hope your all alright, j
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:11 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very sorry to hear that Nicola, that really is very shocking. I hope you and your boys are OK.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojosan
Nicola, I agree with all these! You should report it to the police as he's probably someone who regularly walks his dog on that beach, so could possibly be easy to find him. I think I would go again (with hubby though!) and see if I could see him - then could call the police again and tell them he's there. Maybe I'm living in dreamland, but you never know, the police may be responsive and come out?

I feel so sorry for you and hope you and your sons feel a bit better soon. How blooming awful.
Take care xx
I agree you must report this. How can someone get away with this and why didnt ayone help you? I hope the children are ok? There is nothing to stop him doing something equally as cowardly on someone else, the big bully!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:00 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

i know not the best reaction but if it was me i would have kicked that dog off my kids and then hit the owner with the leash!

harsh i know and not very nice but i cant stand people who just let their dogs do what they want.

there was one round here a white alsation, nasty bugger and had killled (according to the grooming parlour round the corner) a little terrier before, well, it tried to go for my alsation. 10 years old, no teeth on the left hand side of his mouth (last owner kicked them out) and soft as a brush.

after the scariest fight i have ever seen, my dog won. guess what, the other owner was no where to be seen, but i dont know what my dog did but the other soon backed down.

not something i ever want to see again but he kept his dog on a lead after that.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:52 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

That`s a bloody awful thing to have happen - I know there was an incident on a beach near me here in WA a few months ago, an old woman walking her little dog. A guy with a doberman comes along - it goes for her dog, the lady ended up in hospital quite badly hurt - the owner of the other dog actually lifted her dog ( to dispose of the evidience the police reckoned). Neither the guy nor the womans dog have been found.
There really is some scum about - I hope both you & your kids get over this ok.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

My God that is so awful!!! I hope you and your kids are ok, that can really affect you badly....lets hope the b......d gets summin he deserves.....
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Really sorry that you have had such a terrible experience!

Hope you will all be able to put it out of your minds soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.