Anyone from Wales

Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from Wales

Originally Posted by Maggs
There's a Bryn Mawr here in Chicago but it isn't anything like the Welsh Brynmawr and they say it differently too which drives me crazy!
There is a Bryn Mawr in Minneapolis too, which I always chuckle at as I don't think I've lived anyway flatter Apparently it's named after Bryn Mawr in Pennsylvania.

Originally Posted by cliff1961
I am from Caerphilly, Near Cardiff / Caerdydd
Ah, so you're from 'my' valley then, the Rhymney
Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:20 am
Just Joined

MrsHawkini is on a distinguished road

It has been a Big Suprise how many replies i have received from members
who are originally from Wales.
Many neighbours of ours in the very south Wales too, looking into moving over to Texas or my Fiance' moves to caerphilly, S. Wales, it has taken 3 years to decide, but Health Insurance has always put me off.
I require Daily medication which is expensive.

ONE QUESTION:

When you were awarded your VISA do you have a certain period of time from the date it was issued to you in which to move over to United States or can you take your time?

I have always been curious if you may only have approx 3 months to move!
What if i had been awarded my VISA and not sold my house at this time?

Sell my house and may be refused my VISA ?
We made the decision to move with 6 weeks notice as we sold our house the day the For Sale sign went up. Buyers were cash buyers and the only condition was that we were out in 6 weeks! Planned to take our time but it doesn't always work out like that!

On our visa's we can move any time while they are valid.

Edit - Forgot to say, I am from North Wales! Born in St Aseph

Last edited by MrsHawkini; Feb 7th 2011 at 12:23 am. Reason: Edit
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taffie77
There is a Bryn Mawr in Minneapolis too, which I always chuckle at as I don't think I've lived anyway flatter Apparently it's named after Bryn Mawr in Pennsylvania.

Ah, so you're from 'my' valley then, the Rhymney

Yes i am from the same valley ( Rhymney Valley )

Cardiff
Heath High Level
LLanishen
Caerphilly
LLanbradach
Ystrad Mynach
Bargoed
Rhymney
Old Feb 7th 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

Cool. Saying that I am Welsh is sometimes met with blank looks here, so it's exceptional to find someone that knows where Rhymney is
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:59 pm

Isabel_7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool. Saying that I am Welsh is sometimes met with blank looks here, so it's exceptional to find someone that knows where Rhymney is
I usually get "Wales? Is that a part of England?" I too know "your" Valley.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Cardiff
Heath High Level
LLanishen
Caerphilly
LLanbradach
Ystrad Mynach
Bargoed
Rhymney
No Cefn Onn between Llanishen and Caerphilly?

I used to live in Mill Road Lisvane for ten years (1956-1966) before Cardiff reached it! I'm not Welsh though but Wales is the earliest life I remember!

Funny, I edited it to Cefn Onn but it was in fact Cefn On when I lived there and was changed in the 60s. Now closed.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Feb 7th 2011 at 7:14 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
No Cefn Onn between Llanishen and Caerphilly?

I used to live in Mill Road Lisvane for ten years (1956-1966) before Cardiff reached it! I'm not Welsh though but Wales is the earliest life I remember!

Funny, I edited it to Cefn Onn but it was in fact Cefn On when I lived there and was changed in the 60s. Now closed.
Yes you do have a station which is now called Lisvane - Thornhill, i only put a few basic stations,

here is a link of the updated map of all stations today!

http://www.projectmapping.co.uk/Revi...web%202010.pdf
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you do have a station which is now called Lisvane - Thornhill, i only put a few basic stations,

here is a link of the updated map of all stations today!

http://www.projectmapping.co.uk/Revi...web%202010.pdf
Ok! Makes sense as the population density in that area is way way higher now than it was in the 60s.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

As a frequent user of the Rhymney to Cardiff trains as a teenager, I rather sadly was able to recite all the stops from memory. Luckily I've grown out of it
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

"oh you're from Wales, do you know Tom Jones?"
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
"oh you're from Wales, do you know Tom Jones?"

I know his songs but never met him, apparently he started his singing in club local to me 500 yards away from where i live.

His top hit: GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:46 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I lost my virginity to a gay welshman. Does that count?
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
No, but it's a good story
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:39 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Stop showing off.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:50 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Isabel_7;9159412 I too know "your" Valley.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but how green is it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.