Anyone from Wales

Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from Wales

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yeah, but how green is it??
It's a lot greener now that it was when I was growing up
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:43 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I lost my virginity to a gay welshman. Does that count?
He probably had to branch out, being the only one in the village.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:37 pm
Plunged in

TimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to allTimandRae is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonrob
Look at this site to find pubs etc. that are showing the Six Nations.
DAMMIT!!!!! Wish I had that link two weeks ago when we were in New England to visit the Wife's friends and family...

Oh, and we're in North Wales, although planning a move Stateside in the next 18 months or so.

We told the inlaws on this trip and they were over the moon. Guess that means we've got to do it now!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chrissey will become famous soon enough

I was living in Colwyn Bay before moving here
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

cliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond reputecliff1961 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tim & Rae,

Hope everything works out well in getting visa sorted out and feel comfortable in the location you shall live.

I am in Caerphilly South wales, and plan to move to Texas within 18 months to marry my Fiance' my fear is the house prices are going to drop and keeping an eye on the forecast of Pound V Dollar i predicted it would drop due to government spending cuts.

Once i looked at the forecast chart today they predicted it will drop down to £1.00 = $1.23 this is not guarnteed maybe a little higher even lower.
I am mad i never made a move 2 years ago when house prices were higher in UK and pound V Dollar was $1.96.

If i sold my house and changed my currency today i will loose $150000 compared to 2 years ago.
I looked into selling the house and if i move to Texas can i keep my bank account open while in USA i was told yes by LLOYDS TSB & BACLAYS
i may sell the property and leave the Finance in a UK bank account until pound picks back up against the dollar then change it!

Good Luck!

Last edited by cliff1961; Feb 16th 2011 at 10:37 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:39 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrissey
I was living in Colwyn Bay before moving here
Looks like half of Colwyn Bay has moved Stateside!

I think the other spent their money on crack instead...
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:03 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Looks like half of Colwyn Bay has moved Stateside!

I think the other spent their money on crack instead...
The rest are living in cheap bedsits and attending drug rehab
Shame it used to be quite nice when I was young.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by taffie77
Cool. Saying that I am Welsh is sometimes met with blank looks here, so it's exceptional to find someone that knows where Rhymney is
yep LMAO...If you tell them its near a police station on top of a hill they might know.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

jaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud ofjaxslad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
No Cefn Onn between Llanishen and Caerphilly?

I used to live in Mill Road Lisvane for ten years (1956-1966) before Cardiff reached it! I'm not Welsh though but Wales is the earliest life I remember!

Funny, I edited it to Cefn Onn but it was in fact Cefn On when I lived there and was changed in the 60s. Now closed.
well lisvane/cyncoed today is the beverly hills of cardiff south wales now...very snotty...well the residents think they are anyways..
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

OK, so I can forgive blank faces, but last weekend I got my first "but Wales in is England, right?". Always calm in the face of adversity (), I explained no, it was next door. "Oh, so you don't have to pay the Queen taxes then?" We were both doing high intensity exercise at the time, so it's lucky I didn't suffocate with laughter at the time, but hopefully she will now remember that England & Wales are both in the UK, and we both pay taxes to the government. Bless her.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by taffie77
OK, so I can forgive blank faces, but last weekend I got my first "but Wales in is England, right?". Always calm in the face of adversity (), I explained no, it was next door. "Oh, so you don't have to pay the Queen taxes then?" We were both doing high intensity exercise at the time, so it's lucky I didn't suffocate with laughter at the time, but hopefully she will now remember that England & Wales are both in the UK, and we both pay taxes to the government. Bless her.
your reply should have been....No we pay prince of wales taxes the queens son.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

I can't believe ccfc droped points to forest...Dam earnshaw..
still time for 2 welsh teams to get in the premiership...
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jaxslad
I can't believe ccfc droped points to forest...Dam earnshaw..
still time for 2 welsh teams to get in the premiership...
I'm gutted as well - I hope we can make the top two this year as they dont seem to be too good at the play offs.

Come on you bluebirds
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

One of my closest friends while at uni was a lad from Sir Fon - aka Anglesey, in North Wales - paradoxically a lad with a Scottish name (Andrew) but thoroughly Welsh and a fluent Welsh speaker, like many of his neighbours in the village where he lives with the magnificent but virtually unpronounceable name of Llanerchymedd.

I have visited him at his home several times and enjoy the drive down there from Edinburgh and I always find it interesting driving over the border into Wales from England and see all the road signs becoming bilingual and all the place names turning from Anglo Saxon into Celtic Welsh. Even the "Slow" signs painted on the roads are bilingual and one of the first Welsh words I ever learned was "Araf" - which is the Welsh equivalent of the English "Slow".

It was interesting to note that once over the border into Wales the English word takes precedence of the Welsh, but the further you drive into the more Welsh speaking parts of Wales "Araf" takes precedence over "Slow".

I think you really do have more of a feeling of being in a "foreign" country when you drive out of England and into Wales than you do when driving back home to Scotland from England....no bilingual signs and no "funny looking" place names.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAgs3...eature=related

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.