Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

anyone heard from Ciderman ?

Wikiposts

anyone heard from Ciderman ?

Old Dec 19th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default anyone heard from Ciderman ?

Just wondered if anyone had heard from Ciderman since his return to UK?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone heard from Ciderman ?

Hi everyone. Sorry for the long delay in getting back online.

Been in the UK (Wiltshire) for just over two weeks now and it's been a manic time but things are settling down now. In our rental property on a six month agreement, got a car, got the bank account and savings accounts fired up. Sorted out all the usual house hold electronics such as TV, iron, radio and we're really loving being back seen quite a few friends and family already; lot of driving getting to know the area.

No real reverse culture shock bits yet, just working on getting a job at the moment....things are fairly quite as it's Christmas.

Watch this space for further updates.

Mr & Mrs Ciderman

(P.S had some gooood cider since I've been back!)
Old Dec 28th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ciderman
Hi everyone. Sorry for the long delay in getting back online.

Been in the UK (Wiltshire) for just over two weeks now and it's been a manic time but things are settling down now. In our rental property on a six month agreement, got a car, got the bank account and savings accounts fired up. Sorted out all the usual house hold electronics such as TV, iron, radio and we're really loving being back seen quite a few friends and family already; lot of driving getting to know the area.

No real reverse culture shock bits yet, just working on getting a job at the moment....things are fairly quite as it's Christmas.

Watch this space for further updates.

Mr & Mrs Ciderman

(P.S had some gooood cider since I've been back!)
Good to hear from you! Glad everything is ok- perhaps you could continue to post your experiences for the rest of us? Be especially interested in job finding experiences...
Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of

Will do. One thing I have noticed in my industry (IT) is a reluctance for potential employers to consider people who are living abroad even though they're planning a return to the UK.

A number of agencies I've spoken to have had feedback from potential employers to the effect that they'd talk to me once I was back in the UK.

I did have one interview lined up through a recruitment agency before I left Canada but the company filled the position a week before I returned so cancelled the interview.

Never mind...next as they say.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Just like to welcome you Ciderman to my neck of the woods!I'm Wiltshire born and bred and yes maybe a biased opinion but Wiltshire is very gorgeous!I live near the Somerset border not far from Bath,where are you?Good luck with the job hunting,hope something suitable comes your way soon!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Will do. One thing I have noticed in my industry (IT) is a reluctance for potential employers to consider people who are living abroad even though they're planning a return to the UK.

A number of agencies I've spoken to have had feedback from potential employers to the effect that they'd talk to me once I was back in the UK.

I did have one interview lined up through a recruitment agency before I left Canada but the company filled the position a week before I returned so cancelled the interview.

Never mind...next as they say.
Well will keep fingers crossed- we were thinking of heading back to Salisbury area- hubby also in IT but due to experience in Canada has NOT worked in IT since 2002, any idea's re whats in demand IT skills wise?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Just like to welcome you Ciderman to my neck of the woods!I'm Wiltshire born and bred and yes maybe a biased opinion but Wiltshire is very gorgeous!I live near the Somerset border not far from Bath,where are you?Good luck with the job hunting,hope something suitable comes your way soon!
We're currently in a place called Quemerford on the eastern edge of Calne. A few locals have said Calne isn't very nice but to me it seems nice although I'm sure it's got its bad points like everywhere else. Apparently it was big in pigs a while back.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shelley748
Well will keep fingers crossed- we were thinking of heading back to Salisbury area- hubby also in IT but due to experience in Canada has NOT worked in IT since 2002, any idea's re whats in demand IT skills wise?
Best way to get an idea of what's in demand IT wise is to have a look at some of the UK job sites such as www.monster.co.uk and www.cwjobs.co.uk.

Anything related to software such as programming or web development seems to be high on the wish list from what I can see.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

We're currently in a place called Quemerford on the eastern edge of Calne. A few locals have said Calne isn't very nice but to me it seems nice although I'm sure it's got its bad points like everywhere else. Apparently it was big in pigs a while back.
We used to live down that way about 4 years ago.In a small hamlet called Foxham,near Christian Malford,Know it?Nice area too!I love where I live,its truly beautiful and very tranquil and yeah life is good!