Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone gone back to the UK recently? How is it?

Anyone gone back to the UK recently? How is it?

Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone gone back to the UK recently? How is it?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Geez what a dreadful place... why on earth would I want to go back there?

She's gorgeous Flea....no wonder you can't get home quick enough
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:11 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Aww too cute san x
Hi Ruby...... I'm still trying to break the ice, with them. Little boy is lovely he has areal cheeky glint in his eye

Little girl...Argh she's a tuff one to crack She's 3 now and just about gives me the time of day.....But i'm working on her

My own fault for not being around
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:54 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi Cricket. As you know i returned to UK in Jan. As far as i'm concerned the only difference i see are pubs closing down. Not that it bothers me, as they are the old back street pubs that i have never gone in.
On the news it tells you about how many people are losing their jobs etc, but i don't know of anyone personally who has lost their job. Being self-employed we thought we would struggle, but business is good and the only problem we face is having no credit score.
The weather is the same as usual, nothing different there lol....but beats red hot stinking days.
I am chuffed to be back and all the doom and gloom doesn't affect me. Anyway the UK is full of whingers, always will be.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Hi Ruby...... I'm still trying to break the ice, with them. Little boy is lovely he has areal cheeky glint in his eye

Little girl...Argh she's a tuff one to crack She's 3 now and just about gives me the time of day.....But i'm working on her

My own fault for not being around
Aww they'll warm up to you when they feel comfy and know that you won't be disappearing again.....little ones are like that, very guarded at first. Just wait till the lovelier weather arrives and Nana can take them to the park and buy them an ice-cream
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:07 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Aww they'll warm up to you when they feel comfy and know that you won't be disappearing again.....little ones are like that, very guarded at first. Just wait till the lovelier weather arrives and Nana can take them to the park and buy them an ice-cream
Too true Ruby. I dont see some of my other grandchildren as much as others, but after a while they settle down. They all have their own little personalities just like we do.

Sans, they are real cuties!! We are blessed arent we?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:25 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

I've no time for people who moan about the UK. The moaners are often the ones with everything they could ever wish for - nice house, nice car, holidays abroad and dosh in the bank. I prefer to surround myself with cheerful upbeat people who I can have fun with - and believe me there are plenty of them around thank goodness.

The media here seems hell bent on getting the whole UK population onto anti-depressants. It's really little wonder that they are also complaining that we have a drink and drugs problem - what the hell do they expect when all they do is bombard us with what a rotten place we live in. Britain's gone to the dogs, kids are rampaging through the streets, law and order are out of control, no money, no jobs, we're all going bust. Then they have the cheek to whinge about people drinking too much

Despite what you hear on the news and read in the Daily Mail, we still can't park on our local pub car park (too full - families eating out there), we still have to queue for ages at checkouts, book our doggies in for grooming two months in advance and the hairdressers are still chocker block.

It's a recession - not the end of the world. We've lived through them before and we sure as hell will live through them again in the future.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:39 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

lols Nana Ruby i'm not grand enough nor sweet enough for that title

I'm known as Grannie and OH is Grumps Haha

Abit of shear devilment on my part....My gran had to be called Grandma...If i called her grannie i got a clip round the earhole so of course i always pushed it

My eldest sister who is from a different planet altogether insisted on being called Grandie

Personally grannie i think is cute ( rocking chair and knitting needle) comes to mind... But to be honest i'm more the tweed suit aand motorbike type lols

What about you flea ????
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:42 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

lols Nana Ruby i'm not grand enough nor sweet enough for that title

I'm known as Grannie and OH is Grumps Haha

Abit of shear devilment on my part....My gran had to be called Grandma...If i called her grannie i got a clip round the earhole so of course i always pushed it

My eldest sister who is from a different planet altogether insisted on being called Grandie

Personally grannie i think is cute ( rocking chair and knitting needle) comes to mind... But to be honest i'm more the tweed suit aand motorbike type lols

What about you flea ????
I am officially known as nanny or nanna by all of them, but the wee beastie picutred above hasnt learned to say it yet, even though on the webcam earlier she kept pointing at me saying Uppy Daisy
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:43 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Too true Ruby. I dont see some of my other grandchildren as much as others, but after a while they settle down. They all have their own little personalities just like we do.

Sans, they are real cuties!! We are blessed arent we?
Yep!!!! I made them a gorgeous chocolate cake at xmas...Tasted amazing, but everyone took the mickie, cos it looked like an enormous Beef Burger

I'm practicing getting scones to look like scones now
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:44 pm
I don't give a damn

Yep!!!! I made them a gorgeous chocolate cake at xmas...Tasted amazing, but everyone took the mickie, cos it looked like an enormous Beef Burger

I'm practicing getting scones to look like scones now

Never been able to knit (left handed too complicated lol)

I'm not much of a domestic goddess, but this nanny will do all the fair rides and roll down sand hills...much more fun!!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:49 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Never been able to knit (left handed too complicated lol)

I'm not much of a domestic goddess, but this nanny will do all the fair rides and roll down sand hills...much more fun!!
Yes i dont think the knitting needles will be coming out in my house either.....Far too boring .

So we might bump into each other in the fairground one day
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:51 pm
I don't give a damn

Yes i dont think the knitting needles will be coming out in my house either.....Far too boring .

So we might bump into each other in the fairground one day
Yerrr...meet me on the waltzer
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:55 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Yerrr...meet me on the waltzer
your on..........do they charge for parking the zimmer frames
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:09 pm
I don't give a damn

[QUOTE=sans;7368016]your on..........do they charge for parking the

I'm a bit more classy.. i have a scooter
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Pure dead brilliant!! -and coolish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.