Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown on Korean Airways?

Wikiposts

Anyone flown on Korean Airways?

Old May 9th 2008, 6:32 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone flown on Korean Airways?

They are currently the cheapest flight i can find $1375 including a hotel stopover in Seoul from Flight Centre.
I am a bit dubious about this. Has anyone used them before?
Old May 10th 2008, 9:19 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone flown on Korean Airways?

I'm not too sure
Have a look at these:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...orean+airlines
Old May 10th 2008, 5:44 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I'm not too sure
Have a look at these:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...orean+airlines
Thanks Jaycee

I am off the idea now..lol

Not helped when my daughter said watch out i dont get mashed up dog for breakfast
Old May 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Korean Air are just fine.
Old May 11th 2008, 12:03 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Thanks Jaycee

I am off the idea now..lol

Not helped when my daughter said watch out i dont get mashed up dog for breakfast
Might taste better than the usual airline food though, eh? LOL
I always get Korean and China Eastern mixed up although they are probably as crap as eachother if you know what I mean
There is a site where others have commented their experiences but not sure of the address. Will go take a look just to put myself out of my misery
J x
Old May 11th 2008, 12:15 am
Former Resident Visa

The reviews are here:
http://www.airlinequality.com/main/forum.htm
checked out the quality and they are rated 4*
Alongside British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Thai airways which did shock me
Old May 11th 2008, 12:26 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

They are currently the cheapest flight i can find $1375 including a hotel stopover in Seoul from Flight Centre.
i used them last yr good points was the hotel stopover food was provived and it was good, pack cossies in overnight bag for the pool in hotel, it was good as you get to know your fellow passengers kids played together on 2nd flight, 2 10 hr flights and the flight was not full so managed to spread out a bit

not so good was the entertainment but i was told about this from flight center so took portable dvd player and nintendos. the movie from oz to korea in the overhead screens was blood diamond even though i didnt give my son headphones its still very graphically violent!! was very surprised that this was the film for the whole flight to watch
the food wasent too great (never had good food yet on any flight) if you travell with children order a western childrens meal as both the western food and asian food was spicy wich is fine the first meal but after a few meals it got a bit much
if i was going back and they were still alot cheaper than anyone else i would use them again
Old May 11th 2008, 2:25 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

We flew out with them to New Zealand. They are know as the 'backpacker's airline' apparently....
We had no problems whatsoever - as long as you like Asian food you should have no problem.
This thread was started on the NZ forum by my ex: may be useful.........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rlines+stevieb
Old May 11th 2008, 9:17 pm
I don't give a damn

Thanks guys.

I am thinking of going on the A380 airbus. I was looking on their website last night. Seems very posh! Even in economy.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

Can I ask when you're flying? I've been looking for a July flight, and the only seats they've got are in 'Prestige' class, which come in at just under$10,000 Maybe they throw in a free pressure cooker as part of the deal?

Was talking to someone earlier about them, and they highly recommended them.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Sorry to drag up this old post I found on a search.

Im flying Korean Air soon from Aus to UK. I have two questions for any body who has been with them before.

1) whats the duty free like at soul/inchin airport can you buy cheap cigarettes or sprits etc or better to get from sydney airport?

2) In the stop over hotel can you use a british or Australian plug to charge your lap top up or do you need an korean adaptor ?

any help would be good.

pomref
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomref
Sorry to drag up this old post I found on a search.

Im flying Korean Air soon from Aus to UK. I have two questions for any body who has been with them before.

1) whats the duty free like at soul/inchin airport can you buy cheap cigarettes or sprits etc or better to get from sydney airport?

2) In the stop over hotel can you use a british or Australian plug to charge your lap top up or do you need an korean adaptor ?

any help would be good.

pomref

when are you leaving?

I am leaving 29th June. from Auckland to Seoul.

If you leave after me then I will find out. and will tell you.

I am sure there's plenty of other people (here) who already knows about it.

I guess you need a Korean adaptor - 220 V there. sucks eh?

In-Cheon airport is certainly bigger than Kingsford Smith hence I presume there are more shops for cigarettes or sprits? I don't know for sure. I've never been there.

We (my family) flew out Korean air (for the first time) when we emigrated to NZ in the early 90's. (don't even remember well what it was like as I was too young - all I remember is I didn't go to the bathroom for 11 hours! , because a big fat Kiwi man sat next to me ) then this is the second time (only me) My parents & brother will fly out Asiana Airines (5 star Alliances http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/OZ.htm ) to Seoul on 29th June. It's another Korean airline but slightly better quality - people's comment. again, I've never flown Asiana either.

Mind you, you guys say Korean air is cheap??? Dare to say!!!!
It's (usually) the most expensive airline to Korea (from NZ)!!!!!, you know?

again it was the most expensive one when I purchased the ticket 2 months ago (Asiana was little cheaper). but it's from Sydney.

well it was my choice though. I do want Korean air this time as the Cabin crews are friendly (girls are pretty )/food quality is much nicer than other airlines (ex - B.A, ANZ etc). It will be most comfortable.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 7th 2008 at 4:07 am.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by crap coffee
when are you leaving?

I am leaving 29th June. from Auckland to Seoul.

If you leave after me then I will find out. and will tell you.

I am sure there's plenty of other people (here) who already knows about it.

I guess you need a Korean adaptor - 220 V there. sucks eh?

In-Cheon airport is certainly bigger than Kingsford Smith hence I presume there are more shops for cigarettes or sprits? I don't know for sure. I've never been there.

We (my family) flew out Korean air (for the first time) when we emigrated to NZ in the early 90's. (don't even remember well what it was like as I was too young - all I remember is I didn't go to the bathroom for 11 hours! , because a big fat Kiwi man sat next to me ) then this is the second time (only me) My parents & brother will fly out Asiana Airines (5 star Alliances http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/OZ.htm ) to Seoul on 29th June. It's another Korean airline but slightly better quality - people's comment. again, I've never flown Asiana either.

Mind you, you guys say Korean air is cheap??? Dare to say!!!!
It's (usually) the most expensive airline to Korea (from NZ)!!!!!, you know?

again it was the most expensive one when I purchased the ticket 2 months ago (Asiana was little cheaper). but it's from Sydney.

well it was my choice though. I do want Korean air this time as the Cabin crews are friendly (girls are pretty )/food quality is much nicer than other airlines (ex - B.A, ANZ etc). It will be most comfortable.
I go end of July,

Last time I went to the UK I stopped in Kuala Lumpa and the Hotel had a built in plug socket for every plug ,it had UK,US,AUS on the wall , so who knows, so would be nice if you could let me know how your flight hotel etc goes.

pomref
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomref
I go end of July,

Last time I went to the UK I stopped in Kuala Lumpa and the Hotel had a built in plug socket for every plug ,it had UK,US,AUS on the wall , so who knows, so would be nice if you could let me know how your flight hotel etc goes.

pomref
sure. I am coming back to NZ 25th July.

(if I need) I can call Korea (Hyatt hotles) now and ask _in Korean_ regards to plug matter _to make sure_. I might to do this before I leave. If I find out any info about this, I will let you know. My best Pommie friend traveled to Seoul last year, he has some decent info about hotels/amenties etc so I will ask him as well.

But Ciggies, Sprits - unless I go and have look myself - can't be sure. In fact Incheon airport is too huge really, therefore I am not sure I can go around every corner and have look (if time permmit then I will)
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crap coffee
sure. I am coming back to NZ 25th July.

(if I need) I can call Korea (Hyatt hotles) now and ask _in Korean_ regards to plug matter _to make sure_. I might to do this before I leave. If I find out any info about this, I will let you know. My best Pommie friend traveled to Seoul last year, he has some decent info about hotels/amenties etc so I will ask him as well.

But Ciggies, Sprits - unless I go and have look myself - can't be sure. In fact Incheon airport is too huge really, therefore I am not sure I can go around every corner and have look (if time permmit then I will)
Thanks for that Coffee Iv never been to soul and I normally get the relies some cheap smokes and a drink. As you know smokes and a drink cost a lot in pommy land.

My father normal picks me up at the airport(heathrow) he hates driving to the airport but a bag full of duty free seams to ease his pain.

pomref

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.