Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with Aberdeen ...

Anyone familiar with Aberdeen ...

Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:59 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone familiar with Aberdeen ...

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
Try Stonehaven, not sure about primary schools, but it is within commuting distance though the A90 can be a bugger as it is only dual carriageway (no motorways that far north!) also the speed camera's are spaced out nicely that you can have lost your licence at least once or twice on a return journey.
I've a few properties in Aberdeen. It's a lovely city although I've only ever spent flying visits there. The aspc website can't be bettered for property hunting. I just wanted to add that my friend (an Aberdonian) who looks after the properties strongly recommends Stonehaven to me all the time.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:18 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone familiar with Aberdeen ...

Yeah Stonehaven is a grand little seaside town, but yet again you've got the A90 to get into Abz (& Bridge fo Dee) the main North/South trunk road

if the A90 is down to one lane - there always seems to be roadworks at Portlethen your commute is a nightmare - there is no real alternative
(you can cut thru South Deeside but not ideal) there is a train line - but does'nt help much if you're out of range at the Abz end

yet again if you're working in the North ; dyce/B of don and you live in Stonehaven be prepared for long days