Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone else moving back in August/September

Anyone else moving back in August/September

Old Jul 26th 2013, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone else moving back in August/September

Well done on selling the house, I thought mine was quick selling in two months, although I did have it for sale by owner and therefore saved huge amount of money

All will go smoothly, don't panic

Before you give everything to charity though, think hard about certain items. For instance, I wish I'd brought our garden furniture back with us. I have been looking for some decent stuff here and it's sooooo expensive in comparison
Old Jul 27th 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
Well done on selling the house, I thought mine was quick selling in two months, although I did have it for sale by owner and therefore saved huge amount of money

All will go smoothly, don't panic

Before you give everything to charity though, think hard about certain items. For instance, I wish I'd brought our garden furniture back with us. I have been looking for some decent stuff here and it's sooooo expensive in comparison
I totally agree, the price of that stuff is absolutely ludicrous and I can't say I was too impressed with the selection either. If you've got a set you like hang on to it if at all possible.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

Fantastic news mummy.. I am so happy for you that you have a date and all is going well, you have been working towards this for so long, I have followed your stories, how are your boys getting on.. they must love that you will be here soon.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 10:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

No garden furniture here, so nothing to save.
The boys are doing well. Older one was planning a day off work to pick us up at the airport. Both working hard and having way too much fun.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
The boys are doing well. Older one was planning a day off work to pick us up at the airport. Both working hard and having way too much fun.
What area of UK do they live?
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Do you speak Welsh?
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:00 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Do you speak Welsh?
Very badly, and and after all these years I don't really remember much at all.
Boys are in North Wales. their Welsh is practically non existent.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:55 am
Just Joined

sigmapaul is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Mummy in the foothills;10817600]Great price.
I just can't find get anything under $1200 by the time they add on the taxes.

I booked my trip yesterday on-line through SmartFares (TravelZoo). A one way ticket direct, Phoenix to LHR on BA was $713 and this included cancellation/change insurance. The flight was ticketed by BA within an hour of my booking.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, congratulations on selling the house so quickly, and at over the asking price! We still have that rigmarole to go through in the New Year as it didn't sell before we left, so we got tenants in.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

I booked my trip yesterday on-line through SmartFares (TravelZoo). A one way ticket direct, Phoenix to LHR on BA was $713 and this included cancellation/change insurance. The flight was ticketed by BA within an hour of my booking.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is a good price from Phx I will look into them for when we finally sell and on our way for returning. Enjoy your last few weeks of this blazing sun.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

I still haven't booked any flights, and time is ticking on.
I'm starting to feel like the Real estate agents are taking the piss, there's always something.
Now we had to add that they will let us stay in the house for a week. That way we aren't rushed, as they have dragged their feet getting everything done.
Stomach is in knots and I swear I'll never sell another house again, I'm going to die in the bloody thing and let the kids sort it out.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

I still haven't booked any flights, and time is ticking on.
I'm starting to feel like the Real estate agents are taking the piss, there's always something.
Now we had to add that they will let us stay in the house for a week. That way we aren't rushed, as they have dragged their feet getting everything done.
Stomach is in knots and I swear I'll never sell another house again, I'm going to die in the bloody thing and let the kids sort it out.
I've run into that. We had an agreement to stay after the exchange was recorded but then when the time came they wanted us out immediately. I can understand both sides because the departing owners can do damage.

Cheers
Old Aug 10th 2013, 4:21 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by cheers
I've run into that. We had an agreement to stay after the exchange was recorded but then when the time came they wanted us out immediately. I can understand both sides because the departing owners can do damage.

Cheers
God I hope they don't try to come and tip us out, we only need a few days really but said a week, other wise we'll be in the local hotel, only one in town so it costs more than the bloody Crown plaza in San Francisco and has no amenities.