Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

I actually emailed a friend back in the UK last night saying I just don't want to be here anymore. I love the place but knowing I am going back in August can't get excited about much at the moment. Can't even be bothered with the housework and thats definately not me.

Never mind at least its not to long to wait.

Lynne
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:23 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DDL
Boy, do I ever second that! In looking ahead to our move, I feel the same way about being in a rental as being again unsettled.

I want my things around me, like Mary Kathryn Danaher in The Quiet Man!

i know, im so tired of it! i need to feel at peace! when are you going back?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick69
I actually emailed a friend back in the UK last night saying I just don't want to be here anymore. I love the place but knowing I am going back in August can't get excited about much at the moment. Can't even be bothered with the housework and thats definately not me.

Lynne
OMG thats soon isnt it!!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
OMG thats soon isnt it!!!

Tell me about it. Wish I could say something to change his mind but have tried EVERYTHING!!!

Lynne
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it. Wish I could say something to change his mind but have tried EVERYTHING!!!

Lynne
It'll whizz by 8 weeks & b4 you know it this'll be a distant memory.
x
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:39 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandtooz
i know, im so tired of it! i need to feel at peace! when are you going back?
We're hoping that it will be early next year. DH can apply for citizenship at the end of July. We'll wait until his interview and then the plan is for him to go over, move in with his folks (near London) and start looking around for work/accomodation. I'll stay behind, get the house rented and our things shipped over, then follow.

We really thought things would work out here, but there are just too many things we miss about the UK. Five weeks holiday is near the top of the list.

We're very fortunate in that we do have his parents there as a "safety net". It makes returning feel a bit easier, even though we know it will be anything but easy.

The easy thing to do would be to stay here, but we're just not happy.

Good luck to you!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

this'll be a distant memory.
x
Wish it wasn't that way
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Lynne
i feel the exact same, i was always a bit orderley etc when we owned our own home, and i just cant be bothered at all with housework in the rental, its quite demoralising and know i may feel the same if we rent when we go home. I told my friend back home yesterday too, re not settling but it felt better to get off chest etc.

sj
Old Jun 7th 2007, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Wish it wasn't that way
Dont you want to go home?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Dont you want to go home?
I would rather stay here, its OH who hasn't settled. He doesn't want to be here and its not what he expected.
I will go with him whatever he decides as that was the deal in the UK. Anyone not happy we would ALL go back. Just didn't think he would be feeling like this at quickly.

Lynne
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

I would rather stay here, its OH who hasn't settled. He doesn't want to be here and its not what he expected.
I will go with him whatever he decides as that was the deal in the UK. Anyone not happy we would ALL go back. Just didn't think he would be feeling like this at quickly.

Lynne
Ahh thats a shame you dont both feel the same.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Ahh thats a shame you dont both feel the same.
Its not the end of the world. We've had a good six months here. Me on holiday, hes had a "working holiday" the kids have enjoyed it as well. When we left it was an adventrue so we've had it now and back to the UK.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Its not the end of the world. We've had a good six months here. Me on holiday, hes had a "working holiday" the kids have enjoyed it as well. When we left it was an adventrue so we've had it now and back to the UK.
In a way, you're heading back b4 you could've got bored by the newness/novelty of it - if you know what I mean.
Took me a while but I feel lovely place and all but not for the long term (for me)..better for a holiday or year or 2 stay

Also, being positive, you're old life isnt gone as you didnt leave it long ago
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Yep thats how I'm looking at it Lynne, we've also been here 6 months and although its cost us quite a bit of money, its still more than most people will ever get to experience and for that I dont regret it as I would've always had to live with "What if".

We like Australia but we're also very homesick for the UK and everything we have left behind and I look forward to going back again and who knows, we may all return to Oz again one day, nothing's forever as they say!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

We are all playing the "waiting game" we put our house on the market sooner rather than later and I bloomin glad we did!!! Had loads of people round and even couples back a couple of times but no offers yet Mind you we dont wanna go til end of October as dogs etc...

As far as housework concerned, gotta keep on top of it with all these house opens and unexpected afternoon visits

Boring, boring especially with the crappy weather cant do much, just walk the dogs and look at houses and jobs in uk not motivated to do or see anyone..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.