Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:21 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Since we made the decision to go back to UK. Every single day i get this sense of living in limboland.
No point making new friends as we are leaving.
No point buying a new TV
No point buying house plants as we cant take them with us.
No point going for promotion at work or doing extra training. I will never do this kind of work again when i return to UK

It is quite disconcerting. I am floating around with no purpose until i leave.

Anyone else feel like this? What things do you feel are no point in doing anymore?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Since we made the decision to go back to UK. Every single day i get this sense of living in limboland.
No point buying a new TV
No point going for promotion at work or doing extra training. I will never do this kind of work again when i return to UK

Anyone else feel like this? What things do you feel are no point in doing anymore?
I know exactly how you feel. I always say i'm in limboland, we dont feel as if we live here but dont feel as if we are holiday either. I was going to start a college distance learning course but keep prolonging it, as i think there is no point, would not get to finish it and would not make any difference to working in uk anyway. I normally start buying things for the kids xmas just now in sales and put them away, but thats pointless too. Its such an unsettling feeling, like your just floating.
can totally sympathise.

sj
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

No point buying a new TV

Yep...know what you mean.

Heads half in UK. I even started to not go for my morning coffee at the cafe where I know everyone as I know I'll miss it. Think it was me trying to withdraw from the things I'll miss from here so I'll notice less when I leave. - how mad is that!

How long until you head back?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Completely know how you feel as i was the same for the past couple of weeks till i made my decsion. Id even started trying to make friends on here but realised it was pointless as i knew in my heart id never meet them!

Are you looking to head back soon??
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Felt like I have been in limboland since we started this Ozzy thing in 2004 and to be honest with you

I AM FED UP WITH IT

I dont like it anymore.

Sorry got a bit frustrated there!! Tried to do it in red but wouldnt let me.

LibbyX
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:03 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

No point buying a new TV

Limboland? Been in it for about 2.5 years now...............
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:09 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

SO totally relate with you on this. DH and I have been going back and forth with trying to decide: Do we stay or do we go?

We bought a house exactly one year ago. It needs some work - nothing major (painting, etc.) I had decorating ideas, but now we're starting to look at the house as a rental, so we're back to choosing neutral colors, etc.

The hardest part for us is actually making the decision. He can apply for Citizenship on July 29 (yes, one day before the price increase!). We certainly won't be doing anything until that's done and dusted.

Thank you for posting your feelings. It helps to know others are in the same boat.

Denise
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:22 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Yep...know what you mean.

Heads half in UK. I even started to not go for my morning coffee at the cafe where I know everyone as I know I'll miss it. Think it was me trying to withdraw from the things I'll miss from here so I'll notice less when I leave. - how mad is that!

How long until you head back?

We have to wait at least 5mths until the dogs rabies jab gets the all clear. It will probably be just after christmas by the time we organise everything. My husband is from NZ so we need to organise his visa too. I just want to get out of here so i can start my life again.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

We have to wait at least 5mths until the dogs rabies jab gets the all clear. It will probably be just after christmas by the time we organise everything. My husband is from NZ so we need to organise his visa too. I just want to get out of here so i can start my life again.
Don't worry chuck!!! we all feel the same. Even those of us who are having to wait around for another year or so.
I don't belong anywhere at the moment, strange feeling, but i just get on with each day as it comes.
I took myself shopping yesterday for some "therapy" not that it made me feel better as i think the clothes here are rubbish.
I was on the phone yesterday to my sister in UK, i told her the truth about everything and how much in "limbo" i felt.

Only 18 months to go
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:05 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

No point buying a new TV

Yea but just think of all the money you are saving not buying that junk .
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Felt like I have been in limboland since we started this Ozzy thing in 2004 and to be honest with you

I AM FED UP WITH IT

I dont like it anymore.

LibbyX
With you on that one Libby
Since 1999 when we decided to go for it - its v .boring.
If I'd known then..........
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY

I AM FED UP WITH IT

I dont like it anymore.

LibbyX
I agree Libby, I've felt in limbo land ever since we started the process of migrating to Oz, its a horrible feeling when you dont really want to plan or buy anything for the future.

We fly home on Tuesday anyway and as long as I dont think "what the hell have we done", I will be glad to finally try and get on with my life and I will try and not think about being elsewhere!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
Yea but just think of all the money you are saving not buying that junk .
Thats the way I have to look at it now, have been so good controlling my spending, and anyway will get far more pleasure spending back home
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:57 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

yep another in agreement here and to be honest although in 8 weeks we will be back in the uk, we will be back in a rental and i see more unsettled times ahead............

im fed up of the rollercoaster, i want to get off now!!!

if im honest i cant see it ending till we have our own place again and can nest! i miss nesting and gardening and decorating!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:11 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandtooz
yep another in agreement here and to be honest although in 8 weeks we will be back in the uk, we will be back in a rental and i see more unsettled times ahead............

im fed up of the rollercoaster, i want to get off now!!!

if im honest i cant see it ending till we have our own place again and can nest! i miss nesting and gardening and decorating!

Boy, do I ever second that! In looking ahead to our move, I feel the same way about being in a rental as being again unsettled.

I want my things around me, like Mary Kathryn Danaher in The Quiet Man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.