Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Originally Posted by Pennyhen2
Does anyone know how to change their signature name on here, have tried posting a thread but it doesn't go/show up help
Your question has been answered by myself and other posters in your two existing threads. You will have to be patient. I have pm'd Sue and she will get back to you but she is in the US so in a different timezone
Old Jun 8th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

vicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nice

oh dear. i was really looking forward to going to oz, now i am not so sure after reading posts in 'moving back to the uk'

i have heard that the men are really sexist, but i am a right 'greeny' i love animals and the environment and from what i understand australia doesnt really care much about either!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:48 pm
Banned

JohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud ofJohnStang has much to be proud of

if i were you i would stay in england. this is the place of the future - a country with a better tomorrow than anywhere else in the world, thats a fact.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnStang
if i were you i would stay in england. this is the place of the future - a country with a better tomorrow than anywhere else in the world, thats a fact.
Are you for real on this comment, if so it's a nice way to think, well I am coming home in just a few months
Old Jun 9th 2007, 6:03 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vicki t
oh dear. i was really looking forward to going to oz, now i am not so sure after reading posts in 'moving back to the uk'

i have heard that the men are really sexist, but i am a right 'greeny' i love animals and the environment and from what i understand australia doesnt really care much about either!
I think if you read the posts a bit more you will figure out that it's not the country, it's the poster's experience in the country, that is causing them to return to the UK. If you were to look at it in numbers, there are still plenty more Brits heading to Oz than over here wanting to head back!!

Not that I'm knocking the ppl who want to go back to the UK! I'm Australian and I want to go there too, but not going to write off the whole of Australia. How can I, when I have so many family/friends here who wouldn't dream of being anywhere else?

I am taking some strong cold/flu meds at the moment, so a bit chilled out. I have also been guilty of letting my frustration with being stuck here run away with me and lumping everyone in Oz under the label of 'fat, boring, ignorant, shallow, BBQ-obsessed, beer swilling, football loving, intelligent female bashing, poohead' but you've got me on a good day Plus I could say as many mean things about Britain and British ppl but it is still my preferred place of residence, so I choose not to.

Don't stress. It's more about you than the country. It's only what you make of it (plus a little bit of what Fate makes of it for you rolled in!)
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:40 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicki t

Well greeny is almost a swear word here! I have seen the worst though. I was teaching geography to the sons and daughters of cattle station owners so my vegetarianism didn't go down too well. They also didn't appreciate my teaching them about how farming practices here have steadily destroyed the environment.

I think though there are more open attitudes in places like Byron Bay, Maleny on Queensland's Sunshine Coast hinterland and such.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:42 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean England or Australia is the country with the better tomorrow?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Thats strange, the London Oiks on the board I visit more than here, are worried that the Citys days are numbered, as in being the main financial centre of the world. Do the words Sarbanes Oxley mean anything to you, because it's certainly rocked the square mile.

Now losing that status really would put the whole of the UK on the back foot.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:44 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 12th 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

vicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nicevicki t is just really nice

alicecat

im also a veggie
Old Jun 12th 2007, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alicecat
Well greeny is almost a swear word here! I have seen the worst though. I was teaching geography to the sons and daughters of cattle station owners so my vegetarianism didn't go down too well. They also didn't appreciate my teaching them about how farming practices here have steadily destroyed the environment.

I think though there are more open attitudes in places like Byron Bay, Maleny on Queensland's Sunshine Coast hinterland and such.
Yes, I'm Byronway - definately more open attitudes.....loads of veggies around (luckily) and theres organics & more environmental awareness than alot of other places.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

franbrookes is just really nicefranbrookes is just really nicefranbrookes is just really nicefranbrookes is just really nicefranbrookes is just really nicefranbrookes is just really nicefranbrookes is just really nicefranbrookes is just really nice

Oh my goodness, I have only just come across this website, I wish I had found it sooner!! Its helpful to know that everyone in this situation is in the same boat and is feeling exactly the same things and having the same thoughts.

I moved to South Africa 6 years ago after coming here for a long holiday to visit family. I got seduced by the lifestyle, the sun and the cheap gin. For the first year or so it was fine, made lots of friends and had a good time. But time took its toll, the friends turned out to be fickle, and the good times dwindled as the stress of everyday life has got harder and harder. Having tried for the last couple of years to achieve something worthwhile business wise, I have now given up.

For probably the last year and a half, I've felt in limboland, everything I've gone to do, should I bother, am I going to be here, should I commit to staying etc etc, backwards and forwards its gone, its enough to drive you insane.

I've now made the decision to return to the UK and whilst I've a long way to go to get there, I feel relief already. Taking action and doing something always feel better but its no fun being in that no-mans land neither here nor there, just got to keep focused on where you want to end up and hope to get through it as painlessly as possible.

Fran
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:02 am
Just Joined

tpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Anyone Else Feel They Are In Limboland?

Limbo is the best word to describe what i feel.
My family came over here on the 7th july 2006 and i have not felt settled at all, first it was very exciting but now i think about being back in the uk all the time.
The big problem is that my hub does not want to return and we as a couple are not getting on at all, so it may be me and the 3 kids going back and it can't be too soon. i want to get back to my life if you know what i mean, i have been inspired by megansmummy on other threads and know that i can be a strong independent woman who can do it but do have my doubtful days.
It is not the country as much as i need to be near my family and friends.
Although the clothes here are not my thing, the men are sexist pigs(most) and once you get used to the heat in the summer(Qld) the winter feels just as cold as being in the uk. I just hope i can get through all the s**t that i will no doubt have to go through to get home from limboland.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tpsister
Limbo is the best word to describe what i feel.
My family came over here on the 7th july 2006 and i have not felt settled at all, first it was very exciting but now i think about being back in the uk all the time.
The big problem is that my hub does not want to return and we as a couple are not getting on at all, so it may be me and the 3 kids going back and it can't be too soon. i want to get back to my life if you know what i mean, i have been inspired by megansmummy on other threads and know that i can be a strong independent woman who can do it but do have my doubtful days.
It is not the country as much as i need to be near my family and friends.
Although the clothes here are not my thing, the men are sexist pigs(most) and once you get used to the heat in the summer(Qld) the winter feels just as cold as being in the uk. I just hope i can get through all the s**t that i will no doubt have to go through to get home from limboland.
Ahh mate, really feel for you.
Hope you manage to get home.
I agree the men are sexist pigs, not all as I've met some lovelies but on the whole. Went out and met some UK men t'other eve - it was SOOOOOOO nice talking to normal men I cant tell you.
I've found the more travelled/educated men here are alot more updated in their views.
You will get through the cack, just hold the picture in your head of being back in the UK knowing it will happen.
Good luck and sending you loveage
xxxx
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:22 am
Just Joined

tpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nicetpsister is just really nice

Thanks for the support.
My husbands thinks i am being selfish by going back but i came out here because it was his dream. It hasn't worked out for me and if it was the other way round i'm sure we would have been on a plane by now.
He knew how i was feeling and pushed to buy a place so now we have that to deal with too.
life really does suck sometimes but you are right- keep the image of me back in the uk in my head and i will get through.
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.