Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone consider a house swap?

Anyone consider a house swap?

Old May 11th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone consider a house swap?

Hi Carl

You can come and live in my house on the GC if I dont manage to sell it in time to go home. Unfortunatley I cannot do a house swap as I want to live in Sheffield when we get home sorry though.
Old May 21st 2008, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

vernog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LizaJane View Post
sure you don't fancy New Zealand, we have 5 beds, study, 3 baths etc 3acres 10 mins outside of Hamilton???
We are looking for a house swap to New Zealand...having medicals next month and have job to come to in Bay of Plenty.
Any takers for 3 bed cottage in Herefordshire????
Old May 21st 2008, 5:56 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
We are in a village called Billinge near Wigan Lancashire a rather beautiful area.
I used to live in Longshaw Common. Is it raining? Is that on the hill near the Chinese?

Last edited by Thydney; May 21st 2008 at 6:01 pm.
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Walkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
I used to live in Longshaw Common. Is it raining? Is that on the hill near the Chinese?
yes, it is on the hill at the top near the Stork pub up from the chinese and its not raining here, were actually got some nice sunshine
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:08 am
Just Joined

sgaur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We have a nice big house with 5 bedrooms, large garage, gardens near good schools etc. Probably a shot in the dark but is anyone prepared to consider a house part exchange/swop? We would consider any areas in Australia but preferably Brisbane of Melbourne. As you may know, the housing market has stalled here in the UK so we have to get creative as the banks are not giving out mortgages. This would make it near impossible for anyone returning here to get on the housing ladder. PM me for more details.
I do feel it is difficult to get 100 % mortgage.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

sol133 has a spectacular aura aboutsol133 has a spectacular aura aboutsol133 has a spectacular aura about

Late entry, folks, just found the thread.
If anyone's still looking and wants to swop a house in Sheffield (3 bed semi, large garden, near motorway network) for a place in NZ, let me know!
Cheers and good luck everyone!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:37 am
JoB
Off to middle earth

JoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to allJoB is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sol133 View Post
Late entry, folks, just found the thread.
If anyone's still looking and wants to swop a house in Sheffield (3 bed semi, large garden, near motorway network) for a place in NZ, let me know!
Cheers and good luck everyone!
Carl,

won't you miss Latics possibly getting into Europe this year.

I think the problem is not mortgages but if you have a 5 bed like us that is probably top end of the market for Wigan and it's thisend that is suffering/stalling.
Good Luck though.
Jo
Old Mar 29th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

zambezi15 will become famous soon enough

Hi,
We have a nice big house with 5 bedrooms, large garage, gardens near good schools etc. Probably a shot in the dark but is anyone prepared to consider a house part exchange/swop? We would consider any areas in Australia but preferably Brisbane of Melbourne. As you may know, the housing market has stalled here in the UK so we have to get creative as the banks are not giving out mortgages. This would make it near impossible for anyone returning here to get on the housing ladder. PM me for more details.
Like you we also would consider permanently exchanging our large UK 4 bedroomed, three reception roomed, 2 bathrooms home for a house in Australia. Spent days going through various research engines and options, When researching found lots of homes in France, Spain, etc prepared to swop permanently for Uk home but nothing in Australia for UK
C'est Vie, just our luck.
Maybe we should start a web thread..homes in Uk to swop for Australia
Lynne
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Walkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura aboutWalkabout has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys,
Havent posted for a while, thanks for the replys. Well the house isnt for swap anymore because we just gave it away. We saw the UK slipping and just left. Happy as Larry now though, (whoevere Larry is).
Carl