British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Anyone consider a house swap? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/anyone-consider-house-swap-535188/)

nicola411 May 11th 2008 8:45 pm

Re: Anyone consider a house swap?

Hi Carl

You can come and live in my house on the GC if I dont manage to sell it in time to go home. Unfortunatley I cannot do a house swap as I want to live in Sheffield when we get home sorry though.:D

vernog May 21st 2008 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by LizaJane (Post 6325675)
sure you don't fancy New Zealand, we have 5 beds, study, 3 baths etc 3acres 10 mins outside of Hamilton???

We are looking for a house swap to New Zealand...having medicals next month and have job to come to in Bay of Plenty.
Any takers for 3 bed cottage in Herefordshire????

Thydney May 21st 2008 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Walkabout (Post 6325696)
We are in a village called Billinge near Wigan Lancashire a rather beautiful area.

I used to live in Longshaw Common. Is it raining? Is that on the hill near the Chinese?

Walkabout May 22nd 2008 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Thydney (Post 6376532)
I used to live in Longshaw Common. Is it raining? Is that on the hill near the Chinese?

yes, it is on the hill at the top near the Stork pub up from the chinese and its not raining here, were actually got some nice sunshine :)

sgaur May 23rd 2008 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Walkabout (Post 6323433)
Hi,
We have a nice big house with 5 bedrooms, large garage, gardens near good schools etc. Probably a shot in the dark but is anyone prepared to consider a house part exchange/swop? We would consider any areas in Australia but preferably Brisbane of Melbourne. As you may know, the housing market has stalled here in the UK so we have to get creative as the banks are not giving out mortgages. This would make it near impossible for anyone returning here to get on the housing ladder. PM me for more details.

I do feel it is difficult to get 100 % mortgage.

sol133 Jan 15th 2009 6:58 am

Late entry, folks, just found the thread.
If anyone's still looking and wants to swop a house in Sheffield (3 bed semi, large garden, near motorway network) for a place in NZ, let me know!:D
Cheers and good luck everyone! :D

JoB Jan 15th 2009 11:37 am

Originally Posted by sol133 (Post 7170481)
Late entry, folks, just found the thread.
If anyone's still looking and wants to swop a house in Sheffield (3 bed semi, large garden, near motorway network) for a place in NZ, let me know!:D
Cheers and good luck everyone! :D

Carl,

won't you miss Latics possibly getting into Europe this year.

I think the problem is not mortgages but if you have a 5 bed like us that is probably top end of the market for Wigan and it's thisend that is suffering/stalling.
Good Luck though.
Jo

zambezi15 Mar 29th 2009 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Walkabout (Post 6323433)
Hi,
We have a nice big house with 5 bedrooms, large garage, gardens near good schools etc. Probably a shot in the dark but is anyone prepared to consider a house part exchange/swop? We would consider any areas in Australia but preferably Brisbane of Melbourne. As you may know, the housing market has stalled here in the UK so we have to get creative as the banks are not giving out mortgages. This would make it near impossible for anyone returning here to get on the housing ladder. PM me for more details.

Like you we also would consider permanently exchanging our large UK 4 bedroomed, three reception roomed, 2 bathrooms home for a house in Australia. Spent days going through various research engines and options, When researching found lots of homes in France, Spain, etc prepared to swop permanently for Uk home but nothing in Australia for UK
C'est Vie, just our luck.
Maybe we should start a web thread..homes in Uk to swop for Australia
Lynne

Walkabout Mar 29th 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Guys,
Havent posted for a while, thanks for the replys. Well the house isnt for swap anymore because we just gave it away. We saw the UK slipping and just left. Happy as Larry now though, (whoevere Larry is).
Carl