Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Anyone for chair throwing?

Wikiposts

Anyone for chair throwing?

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone for chair throwing?

My son was at the Federer vs Safin match.He told me of his encounters with the clowns from the former Yugoslavia and their nasty Balkan nationalism.
Why do they insist on doing this when presumably the reason they came to Australia was to escape this moronic tribalism?.It's so ill mannered to do this in a country which offered them a far better standard of living than they had back home.

I'm sticking up for Australia here!

Eejits!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:42 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone for chair throwing?

We went to see Novak play Delik yesterday afternoon and saw two scuffles between croatians and bosnians in the grounds ASIDE from the huge chair throwing incident shown on TV. Totally out of order.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer Wimbledon even with the old Sir Bufton Tufton types but not Sir Cliff
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
I prefer Wimbledon even with the old Sir Bufton Tufton types but not Sir Cliff

Please please where does this name come from? OH always uses it referring to tweed & green welly types he works with (Cotswolds, nuff said) .... but although I now get the idea, I'd love to know origin!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fionamw
Please please where does this name come from? OH always uses it referring to tweed & green welly types he works with (Cotswolds, nuff said) .... but although I now get the idea, I'd love to know origin!
Fictititious character from The Private Eye
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Fictititious character from The Private Eye

Duh! Should have guessed...used to read the Grauniad, can't think of any others..... thanks
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:59 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

My son was at the Federer vs Safin match.He told me of his encounters with the clowns from the former Yugoslavia and their nasty Balkan nationalism.
Why do they insist on doing this when presumably the reason they came to Australia was to escape this moronic tribalism?.It's so ill mannered to do this in a country which offered them a far better standard of living than they had back home.

I'm sticking up for Australia here!

Eejits!
The moronic tribalism that you correctly state is very much part of the Balkan make-up and will probably never go away, everything is very tribal in that part of the world right down to similiar surnames, adherence to a certain religion, certain language and alphabet etc The problem stems that you have a largely slavic population that lives with non slavic races such as Romanians and Hungarians etc. The problem was largely created by the Ottoman Empire and made worse by the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.

I can well imagine that wherever these people emmigrate to, they will always take their racial hatred with them to some degree. I have known a number of South Eastern Europeans over the years and they all to some degree dislike a neighbouring racial group.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
The moronic tribalism that you correctly state is very much part of the Balkan make-up and will probably never go away, everything is very tribal in that part of the world right down to similiar surnames, adherence to a certain religion, certain language and alphabet etc The problem stems that you have a largely slavic population that lives with non slavic races such as Romanians and Hungarians etc. The problem was largely created by the Ottoman Empire and made worse by the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.

I can well imagine that wherever these people emmigrate to, they will always take their racial hatred with them to some degree. I have known a number of South Eastern Europeans over the years and they all to some degree dislike a neighbouring racial group.
Thanks for the history lesson mate. I was in Bosnia in 1989 and people co existed peacefully as the had for a couple of generations.
I was really on about the behaviour at the tennis.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:19 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the history lesson mate. I was in Bosnia in 1989 and people co existed peacefully as the had for a couple of generations.
I was really on about the behaviour at the tennis.
Bosnia was probably the exception to the rule which is why the Serb nationalists did all they could to destroy its multi-cultural identity.

As for the tennis match, well I think you`ll find there is something of a history of ex-Yugoslav nationalists turning up at these clashes and starting trouble, tennis matches I would imagine are easy places in which to do this and get a good size audience to view them as well.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

I was there too, it was really annoying that some people come just to start stupid ethinic crap rather than watch the tennis, and spoil it for everyone.

Was also devastated that Safin was so well behaved and didn't even break ONE racket...
Old Jan 25th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by islandergirl
I was there too, it was really annoying that some people come just to start stupid ethinic crap rather than watch the tennis, and spoil it for everyone.

Was also devastated that Safin was so well behaved and didn't even break ONE racket...
I'm with you.I like the players having a good rammy a la McEnroe at Wimbledon
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:45 pm
Respect My Authority!

Zoran is an unknown quantity at this point

Mostly frustrated kids, with rural background, born in Oz or brought soon after, do not even speak their mother tongue. And FYI Jules, Bosnia was not exception to the rule (there are no rules on the Balkans ), there are 27 different nations still live in Serbia (including Bosniaks (Bosnian muslims)), and Bosnians (all nations) still live together and peacefully in Bosnia, especially in urban areas. Only red-necks are interested in tribalism.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:08 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Zoran
Mostly frustrated kids, with rural background, born in Oz or brought soon after, do not even speak their mother tongue. And FYI Jules, Bosnia was not exception to the rule (there are no rules on the Balkans ), there are 27 different nations still live in Serbia (including Bosniaks (Bosnian muslims)), and Bosnians (all nations) still live together and peacefully in Bosnia, especially in urban areas. Only red-necks are interested in tribalism.
I mentioned Bosnia as in Sarejevo as a high profile example. Its also obvious that there are no rules of chivalry in the Balkans either. As for red-necks well there was no shortage of those in the Balkans to promote their nationalistic tribalism in the 80`s and 90`s.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I mentioned Bosnia as in Sarejevo as a high profile example. Its also obvious that there are no rules of chivalry in the Balkans either. As for red-necks well there was no shortage of those in the Balkans to promote their nationalistic tribalism in the 80`s and 90`s.
Always admired Tito and "you shall live togrther attitude"
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:40 am
Respect My Authority!

Zoran is an unknown quantity at this point

I absolutely agree with you. It's also good to know that anyone can be turned into a ruthless idiot if approached and treated properly as was scientifically proved many times across the globe (http://www.prisonexp.org/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment). Have you seen any traces of rules of chivalry in Iraq in the last 6 years?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.