Reload this Page >

To anyone about to come 'home' to the UK

To anyone about to come 'home' to the UK

Old Apr 17th 2007, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To anyone about to come 'home' to the UK

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE
Yes, the south of England is lovely WHEN the suns out, IF you are lucky enough to be able to afford to live there, of course. Doesn't seem very English where I live in the Midlands these days...more Polish/Czech etc...

And the Aussies say that about us you know......full of Pommies up there, full of South Africans down there etc..we are immigrants doing what the immigrants are doing in the UK.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:08 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulrachel
And the Aussies say that about us you know......full of Pommies up there, full of South Africans down there etc..we are immigrants doing what the immigrants are doing in the UK.
Totally agree , the polish that are in the uk are migrants the same as us aren't they??

My mum was commenting on the fact there is polish food shops near where she lives, it really no different to us having our best of british shops over here.

As long as they work and pay there way i personally dont have a problem with it after all im a migrant too!!!

kezx
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
haha so true, the peeps forget that
Yes I will, but the difference being immigration is carefully CONTROLLED into Aus, ie, you have to be SKILLED, speak the lingo, etc...ie they think about the bigger picture, the effect mass immirgation will have on the infaststructure, ie hospitals, roads, etc...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:23 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I will, but the difference being immigration is carefully CONTROLLED into Aus, ie, you have to be SKILLED, speak the lingo, etc...ie they think about the bigger picture, the effect mass immirgation will have on the infaststructure, ie hospitals, roads, etc...
Not totally true i have came across many people here who hardly speak a word of english, was quite shocking as we were under the impression that was a must to come here.

kezx
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:33 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

You are joking?! Aus immigration controlled? Anyone can rock up on a WHV, go to job interviews and convince an employer to sponser them on a 457! (I have a friend who's just done this - he decided to do a round the world trip a few months ago, rocked up to Aus four weeks ago and is now here indefinitely.) A 136 is hardly difficult to get. Aus immigration might (but not necessarily) be a lengthy process, but it's certainly not difficult or what you might call controlled. If you meet the conditions, you get in - how is that different to anywhere else in the world?

And it's having an enourmous impact on infrastructure here - and I don't just mean things like schools and hospitals or roads; things like water are also under enourmous pressure (Brisbane moved to level 5 water restrictions recently - people are being asked to shower for only 4 minutes at a time).

There's little bigger picture thinking going on at all. It's all about votes (there's an election coming up, so things like water concerns are being brushed under the carpet at the moment) and money.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

haha you've got a lot to learn...all the best m8y, you'll need it
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Geordie George;4653189]You are joking?! Aus immigration controlled? Anyone can rock up on a WHV, go to job interviews and convince an employer to sponser them on a 457! (I have a friend who's just done this - he decided to do a round the world trip a few months ago, rocked up to Aus four weeks ago and is now here indefinitely.) A 136 is hardly difficult to get. Aus immigration might (but not necessarily) be a lengthy process, but it's certainly not difficult or what you might call controlled. If you meet the conditions, you get in - how is that different to anywhere else in the world?

And it's having an enourmous impact on infrastructure here - and I don't just mean things like schools and hospitals or roads; things like water are also under enourmous pressure (Brisbane moved to level 5 water restrictions recently - people are being asked to shower for only 4 minutes at a time).

There's little bigger picture thinking going on at all. It's all about votes (there's an election coming up, so things like water concerns are being brushed under the carpet at the moment) and money.[/QUOTE

Granted, the odd one will slip through the net, but the majority soon get caught and dealt with accordingly, but only 19m in Aus and 60m or whatever in tiny Britain says it all...with NO sign of this slowing down, with more and more Eastern Europe states joining the gravy train that is the EU, the point I was making was it's alot easier to cross the Channel unchallenged...and at least the Aussies TRY to do the right things to control immigration.....Anyway, saying a 136 is rediculous...try getting it if you don't have a trade, speak English, over 45 etc...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geordie George
You are joking?! Aus immigration controlled? Anyone can rock up on a WHV, go to job interviews and convince an employer to sponser them on a 457! (I have a friend who's just done this - he decided to do a round the world trip a few months ago, rocked up to Aus four weeks ago and is now here indefinitely.) A 136 is hardly difficult to get. Aus immigration might (but not necessarily) be a lengthy process, but it's certainly not difficult or what you might call controlled. If you meet the conditions, you get in - how is that different to anywhere else in the world?

There's little bigger picture thinking going on at all. It's all about votes (there's an election coming up, so things like water concerns are being brushed under the carpet at the moment) and money.
Granted, the odd one will slip through the net, but the majority soon get caught and dealt with accordingly, but only 19m in Aus and 60m or whatever in tiny Britain says it all...with NO sign of this slowing down, with more and more Eastern Europe states joining the gravy train that is the EU, the point I was making was it's alot easier to cross the Channel unchallenged...and at least the Aussies TRY to do the right things to control immigration.....Anyway, saying a 136 is rediculous...try getting it if you don't have a trade, speak English, over 45 etc...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:00 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly sure why 19M in Aus and 60M in Britain "says it all" exactly - a socking great chunk of Aus is an uninhabitable desert-like area and the UK is only 14% urban land so there is plenty of space - provided the Gov of the day permit it to be used.

Whilst we might have 600,000 Polish or whatever that have moved to the UK, we also have 1M+ British that have moved to Spain and France - that's the deal with the EU membership.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Not exactly sure why 19M in Aus and 60M in Britain "says it all" exactly - a socking great chunk of Aus is an uninhabitable desert-like area and the UK is only 14% urban land so there is plenty of space - provided the Gov of the day permit it to be used.

Whilst we might have 600,000 Polish or whatever that have moved to the UK, we also have 1M+ British that have moved to Spain and France - that's the deal with the EU membership.
Despite what you say there is alot more HABITABLE SPARE space in Aus than the UK, the FACT that urban areas are more spread out proves this, my uncle in Aus moans if somebody moves in half a mile down the road!

Also, i'm not sure that British expats could claim benefits in Spain, etc (they may however take your land off you cos of some obscure change of law).. my girlfriend works for the Moneyshop and tells me stories that would make your hair curl, they ALL know EXACTLY what they are entitled to, ie, claiming benefits, sending the money back to Poland etc, as well as working...it's not just a few, there are all doing it....Unbelievable.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cape Blue

Oh yes, forgot to mention they are even claiming benefits for there children born/living back in Poland and then sending the money back! Only in the UK...
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:36 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

The example I gave wasn't a case of someone slipping through the net - it's perfectly legal; and it happens an awful lot (there was a thread in the Aus forum this week about someone planning to do just that). And a 136 is easy to get if, as I said, you meet the conditions. Again, how is that different to anywhere else in the world?

And Australia also has a problem with illegal immigration - people taking boats from various places in Asia/the pacific and landing in the NT. It's not like those remote areas have border security, is it?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

The example I gave wasn't a case of someone slipping through the net - it's perfectly legal; and it happens an awful lot (there was a thread in the Aus forum this week about someone planning to do just that). And a 136 is easy to get if, as I said, you meet the conditions. Again, how is that different to anywhere else in the world?

And Australia also has a problem with illegal immigration - people taking boats from various places in Asia/the pacific and landing in the NT. It's not like those remote areas have border security, is it?
Maybe it does, but NOT on the same scale as in the UK...and like I said, they are USUALLY caught and sent STRAIGHT back (NOT allowed to stay like the UK)and again re the 136 it is only easy to get IF you meet ALL the criteria, there are alot of people out there who would love the opportuntity to live in Aus, who DON'T...
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:52 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Maybe it does, but NOT on the same scale as in the UK...and like I said, they are USUALLY caught and sent STRAIGHT back (NOT allowed to stay like the UK)and again re the 136 it is only easy to get IF you meet ALL the criteria, there are alot of people out there who would love the opportuntity to live in Aus, who DON'T...
Erm, usually caught and sent straight back? If you like to think so.

And as you're still not addressing my point about a 136 being easy to get if you meet the conditions (like anywhere else in the world), I'm going to give up this discussion.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:05 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Erm, usually caught and sent straight back? If you like to think so.

And as you're still not addressing my point about a 136 being easy to get if you meet the conditions (like anywhere else in the world), I'm going to give up this discussion.
Dont bother GG.

This poster has a track record of trolling on various forums on this site.

He/she did the same thing on MBTUK not so long ago

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.