Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

To anyone about to come 'home' to the UK

To anyone about to come 'home' to the UK

Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:21 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default To anyone about to come 'home' to the UK

Hi anyone is is on the verge of coming 'home' to the UK - just wanted to let you know it is 17 degrees and sunny today in the south of England - literally not a cloud in the sky - just walked down to my local shops- popped into Asda and got a lovely big apple and fresh cream sponge for 92p (will feed 6), a crusty fresh baked cheesy topped baguette for 32p and 4 bananas for 40p (ooh I remember the price of bananas in Perth, daylight robbery!!) - on the journey home met three people who said 'morning - isn't it a gorgeous day' stopped and chatted to one lovely old lady (did not encounter any chavs or hoodies on said journey home).

Now going to sit in my garden and have a nice cuppa with piece of my cream sponge!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To anyone about to come 'home' to the UK

Oh pommybird I think your great.
You make us all feel so reasurred.
My Mum who I have been on the phone to for an hour and a half told me the weather has been good.Really spring like and she thinks I will be alright with it.
Where she lives the weather has been varied a couple of days here and there with rain but also some lovely sunny days too.
Really looking forward to sitting out in a country pub beer garden or any garden for that matter in Summer and not getting bitten and worrying about flying coachroaches all the time.Cannot wait!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:11 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dreamaway , yes weather is a bit changeable, unfortunately rain is forecast for tomorrow. I must admit I was a bit anxious about our return (especially as hubby was not 100% 'on board' with the idea of coming back to the UK, nagging was required!!) but everything has turned out just fine. I remember being where you are - just about to return - feeling nervous but excited all at the same time. The first few days back here were bliss, just walking around absorbing the 'Englishness' of everything.

Good luck and enjoy!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago and the weather was nice. Sunny days, as soon as I left you apparently had rain and it went cold. It does make a difference, even if it's cold but the sun shines. I went out for scones and tea when I went back, but I also found a few places in Oz to have them as well.

Where about have you moved back to?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:34 pm
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pommybird
Hi anyone is is on the verge of coming 'home' to the UK - just wanted to let you know it is 17 degrees and sunny today in the south of England - literally not a cloud in the sky - just walked down to my local shops- popped into Asda and got a lovely big apple and fresh cream sponge for 92p (will feed 6), a crusty fresh baked cheesy topped baguette for 32p and 4 bananas for 40p (ooh I remember the price of bananas in Perth, daylight robbery!!) - on the journey home met three people who said 'morning - isn't it a gorgeous day' stopped and chatted to one lovely old lady (did not encounter any chavs or hoodies on said journey home).

Now going to sit in my garden and have a nice cuppa with piece of my cream sponge!
Ooh I want to be there right now, I've been freezing me t*ts off all day in the luverly S.W, bl**dy wind went right through me today! Give anything for a nice cream cake, walked round coles this morning looking for something nice for tea and left rather uninspired by the lack of variey(spag bol, "AGAIN" ) not a decent cake in sight and the bananas had seen better days! Saw plenty of chavs though
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:19 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the weather here has been lovely last few days

Interesting how weather does help , i to had a lovely day yesterday went down to the seaside and even brought a Mr Whippy 99 nice day and nice evening so summers on its way
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:31 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

ooh stop it your making me green with envy:
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:04 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey you, calm down, making us all green with envy

No seriously, the weather here in Perth has gone tits up now, it's freezing
Wish we were there with you eating that cream bloody cake!!!!! in the UK

Bah Humbug!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the weather in UK has been lovely , i was back for two weeks, home what a lovely place to be....cant wait till we get back.....

Even went out in a Tshirt
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Pommybird (love the username!!!)

so what part of South England did you return to?? Does it feel like you've never been away!!!

Paula 1
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:19 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Actually the weather here has been lovely last few days

Interesting how weather does help , i to had a lovely day yesterday went down to the seaside and even brought a Mr Whippy 99 nice day and nice evening so summers on its way
Hhhmm Big Pete - is that sarcasm or is it you just having something positive to say for a change??!! I ask as I noted a sarky comment with reference to cream cakes on another thread!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:26 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by paula 1
Hi Pommybird (love the username!!!)

so what part of South England did you return to?? Does it feel like you've never been away!!!

Paula 1
Hi Paula - we're on the south coast - it doesn't really feel like we've never been away because I view things so differently now - I appreciate so many of the good things in the UK that I took for granted before our Perth adventure - I also now have the stark realisation that most of what I thought were the crap things about the UK were merely media garbage!! (or the regurgitation of media garbage by people who like a good moan - some of which you may have seen on this forum - no names mentioned ....but you know who you are!!)
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:23 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hey you, calm down, making us all green with envy

No seriously, the weather here in Perth has gone tits up now, it's freezing
Wish we were there with you eating that cream bloody cake!!!!! in the UK

Bah Humbug!
Well if it's any consolation it's only 12 degrees today and we did have a spot of rain earlier - BUT I've still got half my cream cake to eat!! (I hid it from the kids and they made do with half an old flapjack each instead - what kind of mother does that make me?!)
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:01 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

(I hid it from the kids and they made do with half an old flapjack each instead - what kind of mother does that make me?!)
Just the regular good kind.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

righto, can anyone tell me what a 'chav' is please? Been meaning to ask for ages!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.