Reload this Page >

Any Scots returning home here?

Wikiposts

Any Scots returning home here?

Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Journalist-04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Scots returning home here?

I am a journalist writing about Scots returning home after trying to live abroad - anyone here who could assist?

Those of you who are moving back, what are the top 3 reasons you would give for returning?

Are you homesick? Did your life abroad not turn out to be what you had dreamed it would? Could you not adapt to the heat or the culture?

Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:47 pm
No title

Stewarta is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably not very helpful but, as a Scot, lang awa frae ma hame, I often dream of returning but in reality I know that I never will. One thing is certain. I am Scottish and a little bit of Scotland is alive and well and living in Florida. I even have my co-workers saying 'jings'..... You can take the boy out of Scotland but you can't take Scotland out of the boy
Old May 4th 2004, 4:26 am
Just Joined

scottygray is an unknown quantity at this point

yes...im a Scit returning home...so desperate to get away from here...been here 6 years living in upstate NY now but have lived in several areas of NY. Married to an American have two little girls and i have been so homesick for years. I will no longer be able to afford the 2 trips home a year now that i have to pay for the kids so we have decided were moving home.Husband is fine with it hes visited several times and loved it.
The main reason i want to return home is the people and friends..ive lived here 6 years and have not one American friend..plent Irish but they all go home. I miss the normal frienships back home and ilso all my family is there i think its a better environment for the kids to grow up...it definatley has more of a sense of community than anywhere ive been here.
The thought of living here much longer is awful! Also i look forward to having a social life..nobody seems to do that here ..especially if your a Mum!! God forbid i should want to go out with a girlfriend!!!
Well thats my take and my own personal reasond fro wanting to move back home to jolly Scotland!!
emma