Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

any news from whisky/mcmercer?

any news from whisky/mcmercer?

Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:28 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default any news from whisky/mcmercer?

just wondered how they both were getting along now they are back in the uk?

anyone in touch with them, please pass on my love and best wishes, and tell them i hope its all going well,

sue xx
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any news from whisky/mcmercer?

me too!
hope they are having a ball so too busy to post!
c
ps dont like the new smilies
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
just wondered how they both were getting along now they are back in the uk?

anyone in touch with them, please pass on my love and best wishes, and tell them i hope its all going well,

sue xx
I've emailed Whisky a few times, as we promised to keep in touch, but not had anything back yet. If I hear from either, I'll post an update on here!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Well Hello,

Sorry there hasn´t been any update etc, but i have not been able to get on a computer. My daughters has not been in use.
I am in Spain at the moment, so have use of my parents computer.

You aren´t going to believe this - Ping Pong Ping Pong
Do I need to say any more.
This will certainly start peoples tongues wagging.

Yes, I am off back to Oz on the 28th February. I am going back to work there for a while.
I am over the husband, but not quite over what I want to do with the rest of my life. I may get back there and after a fortnight, want to come back.
I am really just telling the truth, as i have had to do with my friends.

Ok, I will post this and see what you have to say.

Whisky
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whisky
Well Hello,

Sorry there hasn´t been any update etc, but i have not been able to get on a computer. My daughters has not been in use.

Yes, I am off back to Oz on the 28th February. I am going back to work there for a while.
I am over the husband, but not quite over what I want to do with the rest of my life. I may get back there and after a fortnight, want to come back.

Whisky
Welcome back Whisky (I did type welcome "home" but maybe this isn't home any more!?)

I don't know if many people are surprised when people ping-pong. We often say "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" when talking about what we've given up in the UK....but the same can be applied when leaving your adopted country. (certainly true for us.) When you say you're going back to work "for a while", is that an indefinate while, a long while or a short while?

Did you have a good time with your daughter and granddaughter while you've been back, BTW?

Best wishes for your return to Oz (WA again?)
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a great time with my daughter and Grandchildren.
I just feel i want to go back indefinately. I don´t want to say anything definate, because truly, I need to find myself. I just feel very lost right now, and feel that <i need to just be where I think i want to be.
I know it sounds terrible, but that is just me.

I had to come back to the UK and get away from him.
Now I want to work for a while and just see.
My little place is set up here in the UK. I have my car and everything to make me feel safe, but i want to go back and earn some money, and see how <i rreally feel about Oz.
That is one good thing about being alone. You haven´t got hubbies etc to have to worry about.
Luckily, my friends don´t think that i am mad (or at least they don´t say it to my face). They have been very understanding.
Maybe I can have the best of both worlds and do both. Spend time with my daughter and spend my working time in Oz.

Whisky
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Well Hello,

Whisky
Id say the genuine posters on this forum would totally understand. You left one child in australia and have another in the UK, can anyone think of more heartwrenching situation for any woman. Its not about australia V Uk, its about our children.

I for one wish you the best, if I left I too would be in your situation.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:54 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well Hello,

Whisky
Hiya mate. will post more later - are you in the UK at all before you come back, or are you coming straight here from Spain????
Good to hear from you!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:08 am
Home and Happy

I have had a great time with my daughter and Grandchildren.
I just feel i want to go back indefinately. I don´t want to say anything definate, because truly, I need to find myself. I just feel very lost right now, and feel that <i need to just be where I think i want to be.
I know it sounds terrible, but that is just me.

I had to come back to the UK and get away from him.
Now I want to work for a while and just see.
My little place is set up here in the UK. I have my car and everything to make me feel safe, but i want to go back and earn some money, and see how <i rreally feel about Oz.
That is one good thing about being alone. You haven´t got hubbies etc to have to worry about.
Luckily, my friends don´t think that i am mad (or at least they don´t say it to my face). They have been very understanding.
Maybe I can have the best of both worlds and do both. Spend time with my daughter and spend my working time in Oz.

Whisky
Hi mate,
Think I can see where you are coming from - and I'm sure you and many others will see where I'm coming from. Its very easy for someone's views of a country to be coloured by the way you feel about the people around you. If you are happy in yourself it can make everything physically surrounding you seem better. very easy to get sucked into the depression of a failing relationship, and then end up with it affecting your whole life.
Coming back here as a "free" woman, you may well view the whole Aussie experience completely differently from the first time. I'll be really interested to see how it works out.
Are you leaving the UK on the 28th, or arriving here? I'm back for a couple of weeks soon, leaving LHR to head for Aus on the 26th Feb........

Keep in touch
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Well Hello,

Whisky
Thanks for the up date. I was thinking of you last night. Nothing wrong with you coming back to oz, you have had a rough ride and it's time for you to think about you, in every way. All the best.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 2:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well Hello,

Whisky
Nothing at all wrong with that...you're living the single life now...so you go girl. Go wherever your heart takes you...all the very best.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:50 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Hello,

Whisky
Bloody hell!!! is what I'll say!!!!

Seriously though, you have no-one to answer to but yourself. You live your life the way you want to and where you want to. Bugger what anyone else thinks, especially us load of confused cretins on this forum!!

Good luck to you girl, I hope things pan out great for you
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:28 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

good for you luv ... you ping pong as much as you want!!!

sometimes you need to get out of a lifestyle to be able to sit back and evaluate it objectively ... fresh perspectives always help us to see clearer. coming out of a relationship, whether its a long marriage or a short fling, you can never get a true perspective on your life until you are out of it ...
glad to hear you are happy with yourself, and feel so positive that you see your life ahead as an adventure waiting to happen!!!
im excited for you!!

take honey,
lots of love and best wishes,
sue xxx
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:04 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you whatever you do and wherever you decide you want to be. Only you know how you feel so only you can decide how and where to live your life - take care and enjoy every bit of it
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi mate,
Think I can see where you are coming from - and I'm sure you and many others will see where I'm coming from. Its very easy for someone's views of a country to be coloured by the way you feel about the people around you. If you are happy in yourself it can make everything physically surrounding you seem better. very easy to get sucked into the depression of a failing relationship, and then end up with it affecting your whole life.
Coming back here as a "free" woman, you may well view the whole Aussie experience completely differently from the first time. I'll be really interested to see how it works out.
Are you leaving the UK on the 28th, or arriving here? I'm back for a couple of weeks soon, leaving LHR to head for Aus on the 26th Feb........

Keep in touch
I am actually flying back on the 28th Feb.
I am in Spain till the 15th Feb.
When are you going to the UK what dates?

I haven´t recieved you emails, so don´t know what happened there.
I will email you when i get a bit more time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.