Wikiposts

any info would help

Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:13 am
Just Joined

gog1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question any info would help

hi,
my wife and i will be returning back to wales this year to take care of my old mam and stuff.
my wife is a us citizen as are my two daughters ( 9 and 12 ).
can any one help me with any info on the visas they will need and does anyone know what the education system will do with my kids.
any help would be good.
this is not a permanent move, few years only at the mosti am a naturalized us citizen.

thanks
Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any info would help

Originally posted by gog1968
.... does anyone know what the education system will do with my kids.

thanks
Give them a decent education!
Old Oct 24th 2003, 11:27 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

your kids would be entitled to uk passports. best to get them before your intended return. Someone else would probably know about what to do with the misses, I dont sorry.
Good luck
Old Oct 24th 2003, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Ukwaiting is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are a British Citizen then your children can get British Passports of their own or be on yours depending on their ages.

As for your wife, you'll have to go through your nearest British Embassy and fill out the paperwork just like I have to.

You'll need to obtain your kids school records, Dr. records etc for when they apply to get into school there.

It's not easy, it's time consuming but if you want to go, you can.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 1:05 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any info would help

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
Give them a decent education!
.... and force them to learn Welsh!

Originally posted by Ukwaiting
If you are a British Citizen then your children can get British Passports of their own or be on yours depending on their ages. ......
Not any longer, having your children on your passport is not now possible.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

If you are a British citizen your daughters are entilted to British citizenship and passports. They are dual citizens not just American.

My children are dual - I registered them with the embassy when they were born. You can get their British passports without doing this. I'm moving back in part so that my children can receive a better education than they would here.

You will be able to obtain a spouse settlement visa for your US wife for 1 year. I think it means that she will have indefinte leave to stay in the UK. You would be able to obtain the visa from your nearest consolate office. I think it cost around $400 and is a lot easier to obtain than a US visa.
Old Oct 26th 2003, 5:52 am
Just Joined

gog1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

so it sounds at least as if it is fairly easy

1. passports for the kids, they have had us passports in the past is this normally an issue?

2. visa for the wife, any idea on how long thease take to process, i remember mine to come to the us took almost a year is the uk's civil service as ineffective as the us's?

thanks for all the help so far

gwyn
Old Oct 26th 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I have a Brit friend who just this summer moved back to London with her USC husband and dual daughter.

Firstly you should have British passport for your daughters when you enter the UK to live. Reason being that with you and your British passport and your wife with her spouse settlement visa, British immigration will realise that you are all coming there to live and will ask for proof of your daughters citizenship and right to abode in the UK. You should obtain their passports from the embassy before you go.

Secondly the UK settlement visa for spouses is very easy and quick to obtain. My friend was told 5 business days by the Chicago consulate office. I think it ended up being 2 weeks because due to the summer they were busier.

I think this site will be very useful in planning your move back to the UK. You will need to do a lot of researching before you go to ensure a smoother transition like bank accounts and driving licenses all of which my friend has been having to deal with. She has been back a couple of months now and it is improving and they do feel as though they are settling in now and have jobs.

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.