Any Geordies out there??

Old May 7th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Geordies out there??

Originally Posted by Harm
I've only just seen this website
Forgot to say, welcome to BE
Old May 7th 2008, 8:46 am
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Any Geordies out there??

Every night for tea my daughter begs us to take her to Chinatown in Newcastle to the All you can eat buffet thing She's only been once!!! and she hasn't forgotten ... I ask what would you like for tea? And she says I wanna eat out at the noodle place in Newcassel....you know the one with the big gates.....
I bought all fresh stuff mushrooms, king prawns, peppers, noodles and did a stirfry in the wok on Monday night. I was like well did you like it??? She said I much prefer the noodles from the China shop.... she ate it though.

Oh and the chippy in Gosforth I pass that nearly everyday, never go in mind....we normally go to the wetherspoons pub just off the high street beside the cricket club and shopping centre (if you can call it that, although they do have a Sainsbury's there now), you can get a nice coffee in there.

LAL
Old May 16th 2008, 6:48 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Any Geordies out there??

Only in Newcastle.....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7402485.stm
Old May 17th 2008, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAL
cute
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

San Anglais will become famous soon enough

hahahaha, brilliant! Bless 'em!

I was raised near Middlesbrough but my family are all geordies. Wallsend and Heaton mainly!

I found that my north east accent changed far too much for my liking when I moved to London, so I fear it will disappear completely if I go to America full time.

I can't wait to try to explain why Americans should have gravy on their chips.... or what the hell a 'parmo' is!
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by San Anglais
hahahaha, brilliant! Bless 'em!

I was raised near Middlesbrough but my family are all geordies. Wallsend and Heaton mainly!

I found that my north east accent changed far too much for my liking when I moved to London, so I fear it will disappear completely if I go to America full time.

I can't wait to try to explain why Americans should have gravy on their chips.... or what the hell a 'parmo' is!
PARMO......mmmmmmmmm
Old May 30th 2008, 10:11 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

Exclamation Re: Any Geordies out there?? VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Reet guys this has just come up in the news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7426717.stm

So I guess a Geordie Consensus is on the cards...

I for one say St James's....

LAL
Old May 31st 2008, 2:09 am
C.C
Geordie Lass

C.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really nice
Default Re: Any Geordies out there?? VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Originally Posted by LAL
Reet guys this has just come up in the news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7426717.stm

So I guess a Geordie Consensus is on the cards...

I for one say St James's....

LAL
I agree it has to be St James's Park. Any Geordie worth his stotty knows that.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

macodiva will become famous soon enoughmacodiva will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Howard1944
A Geordie, for those who do not know, is a Scotsman who climbed over Hadrians Wall and was smart enough not to climb back.
I like that one pet.................
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Location: From York, North Yorkshire, England to Columbus, Ohio USA.
Fiero_GT will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shazza777
PARMO......mmmmmmmmm
I like mine made with pork, not chicken. I'm a Yorkie though, my Grandmother was Scottish, does that count?

Mmmmmm....chips on the side.

Last edited by Fiero_GT; Jun 10th 2008 at 11:29 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

moo66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GeordieinJersey
Hi, my husband and I are both Geordies living in NJ for the last 10 years . We miss lots of things even after all this time. Local supermarkets are starting to stock some foods from England i.e. Marmite, Ambrosia rice pudding and Devon custard, Chocolate hobnobs etc. I really miss the BBC and have started listening to BBC radio over the web and watching BBC America.Although he is from Newcastle ( Gosforth) he is a lifelong Sunderland supporter ( no abuse from Newcastle fans please!) he meets up with other fans to watch the games in NYC or Philadelphia. I am from Jesmond. Any other Geordies out there in NJ? http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Hi we are due to move to new jersey in the Autumn. Although I'm not a geordie I am married to one, have a geordie son and lived in newcastle for 18 years so I class myself as an adopted Geordie. Which areas in NJ are like jesmond or lowfell?

have you used the channel 4 service like iplayer but hey alot of it is american anyway.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:21 pm
Barmy Harmy

Harm is an unknown quantity at this point

Could do with a Greggs over here!! Anyone else miss Greggs and the likes?
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:34 pm
C.C
Geordie Lass

C.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really niceC.C is just really nice

Originally Posted by Harm
Could do with a Greggs over here!! Anyone else miss Greggs and the likes?
Oh I miss greggs stottys so much.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:49 pm
Barmy Harmy

Harm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C.C
Oh I miss greggs stottys so much.
stotties, sausage rolls, cheese pasties...i'm hearing you.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

emma9630 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I lived in Jesmond my entire lift until moving to Maryland 6 years ago. I REALLY REALLY miss English food!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.