Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in the Albany NY area?

Wikiposts

Any Brits in the Albany NY area?

Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:47 am
Just Joined

ajm_80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in the Albany NY area?

Hi everyone,

I have browsed the forum for some time and always find the posts comforting and insightful. I am 28 from Glasgow, moved to the US when I was 22 and am eligible for Citizenship next year. My plan for now is to stick it out until I acquire citizenship and see where I go from there. I do get homesick but it would be foolish to give that up when I'm so close.

I met a Scottish lady on Visa Journey in the area and it definitely helps to have a little piece of home out here. I was just curious to see if there were any others in the upstate NY area looking to connect with fellow Brits?

Hopefully there are, Anthony
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:29 am
Just Joined

quiteimpressed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in the Albany NY area?

I'm a 40 ish brit just moved to Albany for a year - be good to watch football with other brits now and then and discuss why Mars Bars aren't sold in the US...
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

RAFbrat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lived in this area for 22+ years, so yes that makes me old I guess but I'm looking for a good English style pub that serves real English grub and good beer. Anyone know of one?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:31 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RAFbrat
I have lived in this area for 22+ years, so yes that makes me old I guess but I'm looking for a good English style pub that serves real English grub and good beer. Anyone know of one?
If you haven't found one in 22 years I reckon they are pretty scarce.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:41 am
Just Joined

RAFbrat is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hoping something had opened up. I remember seeing something about a nice little country pub on rt. 2 going toward Vermont.

Maybe I should open one - anyone want to bartend?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

weetabix wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Man of Kent near the border of Vermont!

It might be a bit of a stretch but it is in Hoosick Falls, NY. About an hour away, I would say...

Just went there the other day, great food and yummy beers!