Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Any advice from anyone, particularly TEFLers, who have made the move back to the UK

Wikiposts

Any advice from anyone, particularly TEFLers, who have made the move back to the UK

Old Oct 6th 2017, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Mazz0801 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice from anyone, particularly TEFLers, who have made the move back to the UK

Hi there!

So I am new to this forum and could do with a chat/some advice from people who have made the move back to the UK.

I have been away for 3 years doing TEFL which I loved. However, due to a serious illness in the family and a lot of anxiety that came with that 6 months ago I made the difficult choice of moving back to the UK. So I have spent a few months getting well again and have started looking for work.

My problem is that now I am feeling better and back to myself again I am finding it hard to be here. My main issue I think is that I loved my job at the academy I was working in out in Spain but I just can't get that kind of work here easily. But I don't know what else I could do. I have thought about going back away again and doing the job that I love but I am worried that it might completely unsettle me being away from my family and friends again.

I am completely torn between 'just do it, you only live once' and 'spend time with the people you care about, they won't always be here'. So just after some advice from others who have moved back and may have felt the same when they came back and what they did?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 8th 2017, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice from anyone, particularly TEFLers, who have made the move back to the

Jobs in TEFL in the UK are hard to come by. The whole industry has see increasing casualisation even at university Language Centres. Competition for the few decent jobs is fierce. Even those with swathes of qualifications have difficulty in getting short-listed for interview.

I would head to foreign parts if I were you. BUT how will BREXIT affect Uk Citizens working in EU ?