another update from me

Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another update from me

Originally Posted by geeandtee
You could always contact DEFRA, via their help line. I found them very helpful and efficient.

Well done lady!!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 8:03 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by geeandtee
I'm pleased to announce that I FINALLY HAVE A JOB

Part time admin job at a care home for the elderly. Perfect for me and my family. I start in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.

It's been a long time, until last year, I've never been out of work for more than a week or two in thirty years. So I'm a happy bunny.
congrats happy for you
Old Mar 25th 2011, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hoo, great news G&T! I think once you have your foot in the door of something, it is always easier to move on if you need to.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:10 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!! Congrats
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the job front!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

reeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud ofreeni has much to be proud of

wow!! congratz on the job front!!!

I have my first interview this week, but i have only put out 2 applications...I am a little scared about going back to work.

Have you managed to get your tax credits sorted? I am still going around with mine, gonna check on it Monday am to see how they are doing with the processing.

I understand if you work 16 hours or less a week it will not affect your tax credits. Also i was amazed when i applied for tax credits they tried to push other stuff on me. Council tax help, child benefits, and job seekers. I guess i must be in dire straights?!?! Weirded me out, lol. Needless to say it is all too confusing and i haven't done anything other than fill out the tax credit form.

Did they to push more stuff on you too?

Anyway i am glad you have finally settled! Our kitty is staying with my hubby's step mom and he has just started his Quarantine time .... but in a family members house. we will see how that goes.

all the best

reeni

Last edited by reeni; Mar 27th 2011 at 3:26 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reeni
wow!! congratz on the job front!!!

I have my first interview this week, but i have only put out 2 applications...I am a little scared about going back to work.

Have you managed to get your tax credits sorted? I am still going around with mine, gonna check on it Monday am to see how they are doing with the processing.

I understand if you work 16 hours of less a week it will not affect your tax credits. Also i was amazed when i applied for tax credits they tried to push other stuff on me. Council tax help, child benefits, and job seekers. I guess i must be in dire straights?!?! Weirded me out, lol. Needless to say it is all too confusing and i have done anything other than fill out the tax credit form.

Did they to push more stuff on you too?

Anyway i am glad you have finally settled! Our kitty is staying with my hubby's step mom and he has just started his Quarantine time .... but in a family members house. we will see how that goes.

all the best

reeni
Ha! tax credits! it took 4 attempts to get the right amount sorted out. The main problem was that I could only provide an estimate of my last year's salary, based on the dollar/pound exchange rate. Once I'd explained that and learned that my redundancy money didn't need to be factored in, it was sorted. I have to say, they were quick to fix things. I've found them really friendly helpful.

Child benefits was very very straightforward. We don't qualify for anything else.

But it is confusing dealing with all these different organisations and departments It's great to have that safety net though.

Thanks everyone for your congratulations. I am just so relieved. i was beginning to think I was unemployable.