Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Another reason I love being back home

Wikiposts

Another reason I love being back home

Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:55 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another reason I love being back home

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Definitely going to go to Oxford street to see the Christmas lights and Hamleys to get wee man his birthday present.

Oh yeah I told Lars that the Queen lives in London and he just started to laugh saying I was being silly and there's no such thing as a Queen they're only in stories.
There's a great little blues bar behind Hamleys on Kingley Street, open all day, if you manage to get a quick drink in. Behind again is Carnaby Street. Loads of nice little shops down there Elaine.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

just a little update. We had a brilliant time in London. On Friday evening we (me and the 5 year old) made our way from Heathrow to High Street Kensington via the Heathrow Express and the tube. People were so friendly and I had help carrying my case up stairs on several occassions. We stayed in a hotel right beside Kensington Gardens and a five minute walk from the Royal Albert Hall. On the Saturday we went to the Natural History Museum and then Hamleys. Then on Sunday we went to the London Eye, the Aquarium and the Tower of London. The only bad thing was there just wasn't enough time but at least now London is only a short flight away
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

just a little update. We had a brilliant time in London. On Friday evening we (me and the 5 year old) made our way from Heathrow to High Street Kensington via the Heathrow Express and the tube. People were so friendly and I had help carrying my case up stairs on several occassions. We stayed in a hotel right beside Kensington Gardens and a five minute walk from the Royal Albert Hall. On the Saturday we went to the Natural History Museum

Hi Elaine

Sounds like you and the wee one had a great time and London at this time of year is the best isnt it . You certainly managed to fit in a lot more than I did the last time I was there, ive still got to do the London eye yet and everyone I know whose been on it say its great
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Another reason I love being back home

Originally Posted by Eastbound
just a little update. We had a brilliant time in London. On Friday evening we (me and the 5 year old) made our way from Heathrow to High Street Kensington via the Heathrow Express and the tube. People were so friendly and I had help carrying my case up stairs on several occassions. We stayed in a hotel right beside Kensington Gardens and a five minute walk from the Royal Albert Hall. On the Saturday we went to the Natural History Museum

Hi Elaine

Sounds like you and the wee one had a great time and London at this time of year is the best isnt it . You certainly managed to fit in a lot more than I did the last time I was there, ive still got to do the London eye yet and everyone I know whose been on it say its great
My partner was so excited on his first visit to london and he was looking forward to going on the london eye (i had been on it before) when we got there the flippin thing was closed for maintainance for a few weeks lol just our luck..............
Old Nov 18th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cally49
My partner was so excited on his first visit to london and he was looking forward to going on the london eye (i had been on it before) when we got there the flippin thing was closed for maintainance for a few weeks lol just our luck..............
Hi Cally

So yet another one to try the london eye hey
Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
That's one good thing about going to London my OH knows his way around now whether I can make it from Heathrow to the Hotel via public transit it another matter.

BTW what's the Isle of Grain?
Elaine, if I as a Yank can do it, Heathrow, Gatwick you name it, you SURELY can. Have an excellent time,
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:29 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this has given me goosebumps. I worked in St James Square, just off The Mall and Piccadilly Circus for a few years and absolutely loved it. When our son was small, we drove into London at least once a month (parking was free on Sundays) and just walked around if we weren't going to a museum or anywhere in particular. We used to drive around the Houses of Parliament on the way home until our son heard Big Ben chime, it was a must.

Elaine, take your son to The Science Museum next time you are in London, I'm sure he will love it. There are so many 'hands on' things for kids to do and play on. He might enjoy going on HMS Belfast on the Thames as well.

I really envy all you peeps who will be 'home' for Christmas.