Reload this Page >

another pets question--cost of pet handler USA-UK flight, etc

another pets question--cost of pet handler USA-UK flight, etc

Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: another pets question--cost of pet handler USA-UK flight, etc

Originally Posted by TaraC
It's so nice to hear people who lived in the US saying this. For so long, people have said I'm crazy to be so homesick when life is so much easier/better, etc., in the US. I think even my husband is hoping that the year I'm about to spend at university in the UK will "cure" me of my homesick craziness, but I'm not so sure. I have a feeling I won't be coming back here, big house or not. How long have you been in Tx?
too long...i'll PM you
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TaraC
I'm going to try it. My rescue cat has a real problem with crates due to being in a cage and then being driven from Florida to Virginia, so I'm also going to buy the Feliway spray and try dousing the crate with that as well. We used the infuser when we first brought him home, and it seemed to destress him fairly well so hopefully he'll associate the smell with good things.
Try putting an old sweater or something similar in the crate. A familiar smell of it's owner makes them feel secure. Most family pets love the security of an enclosed space such as a crate.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

I left my crate out in the house for a few weeks before I moved so the cat could get used to it. The door was open with one of my jumpers in it and her cat nip toys. She got very used to being in and out of it and even took little naps in it.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice on the crates. I'm going to start putting the crates out early, stash some clothes in there and see what happens (for the rescue cat, I'll probably just put a couple of newspapers in there -- he loves them!).
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shivster
I left my crate out in the house for a few weeks before I moved so the cat could get used to it. The door was open with one of my jumpers in it and her cat nip toys. She got very used to being in and out of it and even took little naps in it.
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who gave me advice on the crates. I left them out, and surprise surprise, our rescue cat -- who I thought would hate the crate -- is now sleeping in it regularly, so he shouldn't be any problem at all. Our older, wiser female, however, is taking a very wide berth!