another one going home

Old Oct 21st 2006, 6:07 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another one going home

I havnt been on here for a long long time, but thought i'd post just to tell those of you that i know that i'm finally going home.

Its been very up and down since arriving in brisbane in feb 2004, i have been desperately homesick and also had times when i've felt more settled, but I feel really happy with the final decision and fly out on 24th november.

I'm leaving with happy memories of australia, but really excited about going home to family and friends, and in the end it was a pure people over place choice for me.

TraceyW Im thrilled to hear you've finally settled, i know its been a hard slog. Pants great news about baby im sorry i've been a hopeless pm pal! Pollyanna hello hope its going well. All the old guard that are still around I wish you all the best wherever you end up!

Michaela
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:22 am
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another one going home

Originally Posted by mcmercer
I havnt been on here for a long long time, but thought i'd post just to tell those of you that i know that i'm finally going home.

Its been very up and down since arriving in brisbane in feb 2004, i have been desperately homesick and also had times when i've felt more settled, but I feel really happy with the final decision and fly out on 24th november.

I'm leaving with happy memories of australia, but really excited about going home to family and friends, and in the end it was a pure people over place choice for me.

TraceyW Im thrilled to hear you've finally settled, i know its been a hard slog. Pants great news about baby im sorry i've been a hopeless pm pal! Pollyanna hello hope its going well. All the old guard that are still around I wish you all the best wherever you end up!

Michaela

Hi Michael.
I'm so pleased for you I hope all goes well for you. I hope you and your family have a fantastic Xmas together. where about will you be settling? Please let us know how you are getting on once you have stopped partying take care
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

kaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to beholdkaiajo is a splendid one to behold

Michaela
Hi there - I don't know you, but wish you lots of luck. We too haven't really settled here so are seriously considering going back soon. Let us all know how you get on.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Hi Michaela!!

I thought you'd dropped off the planet somewhere!!!

So glad you've made a final decision. I bet you feel like a great big weight has been lifted off your shoulders! Once Will gets to Villa Park he'll be fine too!!

Good luck to you all and let us all know how you settle back in old Blighty won't you?

Tracy xxx
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:46 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hello sweetstuff, just chuffed to hear you are ok.....been worried about you.!

well what a decision, I know you have struggled with these feelings on and off just happy for you that you have made a choice. How excited are you? Hows the rest of the family?

Let me know when you can..I am sort of about till 25th Oct then off to have this long wanted bubs on 26th for a few days......!!

Chat soon you can always email me

Love n hugs

P xx
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:04 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michaela

Sorry to see you leave us; hope all goes well with the move and that you quickly settle back into your circle of friends and family.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:22 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michaela,

For some reason, I thought you were already back.

I still have good days and bad but my boys are completely settled, and to be honest, I don't want to go back to the UK but I'm still not definitely sure I want to be here, either, if that makes sense! But then, we lived hundreds of miles away from our families so only emotional ties, not physical.

I'm sure you'll slot right back in where you left off.

Good luck,
Jane
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

From my own experience, it is difficult to make that final decision, but when it is made agreat weight lifts off your shoulders for a minute or too and then all the planning to go back hits you :scared:

Good luck with your move and to the rest of your life in Blighty

Whisky
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Michaela
Hello mate,

I was only thinking about you a few days back and wondering if you had gone yet - while hoping that in the end things worked out and you were happy.
Back to Birmingham? Or is it pastures new? will pm you my email address
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:46 am
Account Closed

Thanks everyone.

It has been a tough decision. Unfortunately Will and I have gone our seperate ways, and its just so much harder here for me and my daughter on our own, even with my parents here who have been a big help thats been a big deciding factor. i am having to work really long hours here and its just not the lifestyle we came for. I'll have a lot more support at home, and a better paid job with more reasonable hours and demands. My daughter being an only child will have the sense of family that comes from regular contact with her cousins etc. I have had a great time and met some fantastic people but the circumstances all put together mean it'll be easier and we'll be happier at home.

I've managed to get Millie back into her old school and rented a furnished house for 6 months close to my friends and family and will take it from there. Mysterio, I'm going back to birmingham, i see you're there too? I would like to try somewhere new but enough change and upheaval has happened in my daughters life for now so back home to regroup!

I'll keep you all posted, anyone arriving in brisie in the next few weeks needing house stuff to tide them over while waiting for shipping pm me.

I'll keep in touch!
take care all x
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:49 am
Account Closed

hello Polly, we were posting at the same time, thanks for pm i'll email you,
take care
michaela x
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.

It has been a tough decision. Unfortunately Will and I have gone our seperate ways, and its just so much harder here for me and my daughter on our own, even with my parents here who have been a big help thats been a big deciding factor. i am having to work really long hours here and its just not the lifestyle we came for. I'll have a lot more support at home, and a better paid job with more reasonable hours and demands. My daughter being an only child will have the sense of family that comes from regular contact with her cousins etc. I have had a great time and met some fantastic people but the circumstances all put together mean it'll be easier and we'll be happier at home.

I've managed to get Millie back into her old school and rented a furnished house for 6 months close to my friends and family and will take it from there. Mysterio, I'm going back to birmingham, i see you're there too? I would like to try somewhere new but enough change and upheaval has happened in my daughters life for now so back home to regroup!

I'll keep you all posted, anyone arriving in brisie in the next few weeks needing house stuff to tide them over while waiting for shipping pm me.

I'll keep in touch!
take care all x
Really sorry to hear about you and Will; I guess the fact that he was happy with Aus and you weren't must have made life difficult from the start.
Are your parents staying or going back too? I'm sure Millie will be fine once she settles back into her "old" life
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:20 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh heck, I'm so sorry to hear that you and Will have seperated.

I take my hat off to you girl that you are going back on your own and you're going to make a go of it.

I wish you every happiness back home and wish you all the luck in the world.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:49 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck back in the uk mcmercer
I keep seeing familiar names from when I first joined here. Trouble is with the nz and oz forums splitting after a year or so I lost touch with you all.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:24 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi michaela,
sorry to hear your news ... ive sent you a pm but it was before id read this.
good luck with the move, im sure you have made the right decision ... it must feel like a huge weight off your shoulders to be going home.
drop me an email when you get back ...
sending you lots of cyber hugs and best wishes.
sue xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.