Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Another one bites the dust!

Wikiposts

Another one bites the dust!

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

karni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nice
Default Re: Another one bites the dust!

Originally Posted by DebiE
Thank you K

We'll be sad to leave Oz but we know the UK is where we belong. Cannot wait to get back now!!

Not enjoying all the packing in this heat though...role on the 17th!!

Debi
Yeah..know what u mean..keep thinking this time next week I'll be seeing my little niece again...we are surprising her by me turning up at school to pick her up...and yeah, I'm sick of the heat too...roll on the autumn back home!
Best of luck!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karni31
Another one heading home...
Am all packed and ready to go..fly tomorrow..is going to kill me saying goodbye to my fiance for good..but all in all I know I have made the right decision..when u gotta go u gotta go!
What an emotional rollercoaster this whole emigration/re-emigration has been..my heart goes out to everyone on this site who is going through the same thing!
I just wanted to thank everyone who has written to me with support over the past few months with all my whinging threads..and best of luck to everyone else who is reading this and contemplating going home!
Thanks a million!
K
Good luck wth your move home....a little thing someone once said to me many moons ago...about a "broken heart" and now that person is so happy and with the person who suits him the most....and is also the mother of his children...things happen in life at times and we never feel we will get over them...we do in our own way and they happen for a reason...and in time you will see this..and them you will move on...you never know, you may get a suprise and your fiance may follow you once he knows what he has let go..if not then that would be his loss...you have to be happy with yourself first to make others happy and you could just not do that here....you tried and that is what life is all about...so good luck with your future...the pain does fade...being with your family will help!! what a lovely suprise your neice will have...I may do that with mine....that would be just lovely....

Take care and the best of wishes to you....
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all. We are heading back 5 November and have already been looking at houses and planning a girlie night out already

Hope all us returnees can have a get together sometime xxx

Kath
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:03 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks John,
I have been here 8 months just (seems like a lot longer)..I was here for a year before on a working holiday and loved it...but is a totally different headspace being here 'for good'....feel like a caged animal...but I understand what u mean...after 10 years from UK it is a difficult thing to return..
Best of luck
K
Hi karni

I know what you mean about being in Oz for good making you feel like a caged animal - that's kind of how I felt there - and although I really missed the UK I also missed being part of Europe and having France and Italy on my doorstep (have been to Italy once and France twice since being home!!) - for me being in Oz felt like I was just too 'cut off' from the rest of the world!

All the best for your return - who knows how things will pan out in the future but for now a return home will do you good.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
it takes a strong person to leave their loved one behind...i was going to until he said he'd come as well

tons of good luck and keep posting. i'm off home next week for a month and then again for xmas and plan to relocate back later next year and can't wait.
But dont you think it take's a stronger person to give up there country to be with the one they love, as you and me already know to well.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:26 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
But dont you think it take's a stronger person to give up there country to be with the one they love, as you and me already know to well.
yes we did give up our country well we tried to for a good few years. luckily our USC OH's saw the light at the end of the day and know which country they prefer living in.....smart boys we've got for sure
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

yes we did give up our country well we tried to for a good few years. luckily our USC OH's saw the light at the end of the day and know which country they prefer living in.....smart boys we've got for sure
That we have and all for the love of a good man.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Bon Voyage and hope things work out for you when you get home! I am very envious as the bars have come down on my cage and there is no escape. Just as well you worked out what you want now rather than 30 years down the track, believe me!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:32 am

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Just popping on here to whish you all the best,Iv just read them all and want to give you all a big hug.But Il have to send instead.
Think tomorrows a brand new day and new adventures for all.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by quoll
Bon Voyage and hope things work out for you when you get home! I am very envious as the bars have come down on my cage and there is no escape. Just as well you worked out what you want now rather than 30 years down the track, believe me!
That's so sad the way you said it ((((HUG'S)))).
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:41 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Am still hoping he will change his mind..even though he is aussie he isnt very happy in Sydney..think it has hit him this week that I am going..we have had a lot of problems though, like with his mother (she doesnt approve of me!)...so basically he will have to choose between me and his mother/his country..
Am not going to hold on too much to hope...have got to get on with my life..
You are one of the lucky ones in that your partner is going back with u!
Best of luck and let us know how things go!
K
I think you are very wise to stick to your guns. There are so many people who 'stuck it out' for the sake of their partners, had kids and as a result became well and truly 'stuck'.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

Another one heading home...
Am all packed and ready to go..fly tomorrow..is going to kill me saying goodbye to my fiance for good..but all in all I know I have made the right decision..when u gotta go u gotta go!
What an emotional rollercoaster this whole emigration/re-emigration has been..my heart goes out to everyone on this site who is going through the same thing!
I just wanted to thank everyone who has written to me with support over the past few months with all my whinging threads..and best of luck to everyone else who is reading this and contemplating going home!
Thanks a million!
K

Godspeed and safe flight home. Good Luck!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

it takes a strong person to leave their loved one behind...i was going to until he said he'd come as well

tons of good luck and keep posting. i'm off home next week for a month and then again for xmas and plan to relocate back later next year and can't wait.

Same here, I have had to choose, but in my heart, I know its the best thing...even though it means an automatic divorce.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karni

The very bestest of luck with your move home. You're a strong woman!
lotsa love
T
xxxx
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Good luck wth your move home....a little thing someone once said to me many moons ago...about a "broken heart" and now that person is so happy and with the person who suits him the most....and is also the mother of his children...things happen in life at times and we never feel we will get over them...we do in our own way and they happen for a reason...and in time you will see this..and them you will move on...you never know, you may get a suprise and your fiance may follow you once he knows what he has let go..if not then that would be his loss...you have to be happy with yourself first to make others happy and you could just not do that here....you tried and that is what life is all about...so good luck with your future...the pain does fade...being with your family will help!! what a lovely suprise your neice will have...I may do that with mine....that would be just lovely....

Take care and the best of wishes to you....
Great post