Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Another one bites the dust!

Wikiposts

Another one bites the dust!

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

karni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nice
Unhappy Another one bites the dust!

Another one heading home...
Am all packed and ready to go..fly tomorrow..is going to kill me saying goodbye to my fiance for good..but all in all I know I have made the right decision..when u gotta go u gotta go!
What an emotional rollercoaster this whole emigration/re-emigration has been..my heart goes out to everyone on this site who is going through the same thing!
I just wanted to thank everyone who has written to me with support over the past few months with all my whinging threads..and best of luck to everyone else who is reading this and contemplating going home!
Thanks a million!
K
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another one bites the dust!

Originally Posted by karni31
Am all packed and ready to go..fly tomorrow..is going to kill me saying goodbye to my fiance for good..but all in all I know I have made the right decision..when u gotta go u gotta go!
What an emotional rollercoaster this whole emigration/re-emigration has been..my heart goes out to everyone on this site who is going through the same thing!
I just wanted to thank everyone who has written to me with support over the past few months with all my whinging threads..and best of luck to everyone else who is reading this and contemplating going home!
Thanks a million!
K

so why the sad smillie ...lots going home to the uk, maybe even your fiance will see the light and follow. good luck and safe trip
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

karni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nicekarni31 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
so why the sad smillie ...lots going home to the uk, maybe even your fiance will see the light and follow. good luck and safe trip
The sad face is purely about leaving my fiance..its the hardest thing Ive ever had to do.I love him so much..but unfortunately he appears to love his country more than me..I will miss certain things about Oz..number one the weather...but overall I know my time here is over..
I have been reading some of your posts TrueBrit...hope things go ok with u!
Thanks for the reply!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

The sad face is purely about leaving my fiance..its the hardest thing Ive ever had to do.I love him so much..but unfortunately he appears to love his country more than me..I will miss certain things about Oz..number one the weather...but overall I know my time here is over..
I have been reading some of your posts TrueBrit...hope things go ok with u!
Thanks for the reply!
it takes a strong person to leave their loved one behind...i was going to until he said he'd come as well

tons of good luck and keep posting. i'm off home next week for a month and then again for xmas and plan to relocate back later next year and can't wait.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:59 pm
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a million!
K
Good luck on your return and fwiw I am really envious that you are able to do what I am no longer able to.
All the best!
John
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
it takes a strong person to leave their loved one behind...i was going to until he said he'd come as well

tons of good luck and keep posting. i'm off home next week for a month and then again for xmas and plan to relocate back later next year and can't wait.
Am still hoping he will change his mind..even though he is aussie he isnt very happy in Sydney..think it has hit him this week that I am going..we have had a lot of problems though, like with his mother (she doesnt approve of me!)...so basically he will have to choose between me and his mother/his country..
Am not going to hold on too much to hope...have got to get on with my life..
You are one of the lucky ones in that your partner is going back with u!
Best of luck and let us know how things go!
K
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freezerman
Good luck on your return and fwiw I am really envious that you are able to do what I am no longer able to.
All the best!
John
Thanks John
Why are u no longer able to go back if u dont mind me asking?
Best of luck
k
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:14 pm
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks John
Why are u no longer able to go back if u dont mind me asking?
Best of luck
k
I suppose I have been away for so long that England doesnt feel like home now either.
I dont know how long you have been out here, but I have been here for much of the past decade and now when i go back there seems to be too many damn speed cameras, CCTV and speed humps for me to feel anything other than hunted
I am sure you'll do fine back there wherever "there" exactly is.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freezerman
I suppose I have been away for so long that England doesnt feel like home now either.
I dont know how long you have been out here, but I have been here for much of the past decade and now when i go back there seems to be too many damn speed cameras, CCTV and speed humps for me to feel anything other than hunted
I am sure you'll do fine back there wherever "there" exactly is.
Thanks John,
I have been here 8 months just (seems like a lot longer)..I was here for a year before on a working holiday and loved it...but is a totally different headspace being here 'for good'....feel like a caged animal...but I understand what u mean...after 10 years from UK it is a difficult thing to return..
Best of luck
K
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:52 pm
This space for rent

Thanks John,
I have been here 8 months just (seems like a lot longer)..I was here for a year before on a working holiday and loved it...but is a totally different headspace being here 'for good'....feel like a caged animal...but I understand what u mean...after 10 years from UK it is a difficult thing to return..
Best of luck
K
Please do keep in touch once you get home and I hope it all works out the way that you want it too.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Am still hoping he will change his mind..even though he is aussie he isnt very happy in Sydney..think it has hit him this week that I am going..we have had a lot of problems though, like with his mother (she doesnt approve of me!)...so basically he will have to choose between me and his mother/his country..
Am not going to hold on too much to hope...have got to get on with my life..
You are one of the lucky ones in that your partner is going back with u!
Best of luck and let us know how things go!
K
By you leaving Aus, are you not saying you love your country more than him?
Anyway, it sounds like he will follow you.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aussietobe
By you leaving Aus, are you not saying you love your country more than him?
Anyway, it sounds like he will follow you.
I know what u mean...it would appear that yes, I do love my country and my family more than him...unfortunately I cannot have both..however, in my defence, I did give it a try here and went through the whole visa process for a year and a half and everything, wheras he was never willing to do the same for me..or even discuss perhaps splitting our time between the countries..it was his way or the high way! Unfortunately in relationships with partners from different countries, someone always has to make sacrifices..its never cut and dried! Unfortunately I wasnt willing to do this and feel I have too much to give up back up to resign myself to a lifetime in this country.
k
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of

I wish you all the luck in the world. Hope there's a happy ending for you!

Take care and let us know how you get on back home.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebiE
I wish you all the luck in the world. Hope there's a happy ending for you!

Take care and let us know how you get on back home.
Thanks Debie,
I see you are heading home on 17th October! Not long now. Best of luck!
K
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of

Thanks Debie,
I see you are heading home on 17th October! Not long now. Best of luck!
K
Thank you K

We'll be sad to leave Oz but we know the UK is where we belong. Cannot wait to get back now!!

Not enjoying all the packing in this heat though...role on the 17th!!

Debi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.