Another confused One?

Old Sep 4th 2010, 1:21 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another confused One?

Originally Posted by MNandMN
My thoughts are if you don't know what to do then do nothing. You are going through a terrible time, can you not ride it out and then see what you feel like doing? At least you won't have burned your bridges and maybe then regret it when you are able to think more clearly and with less emotion - just my two cents.
Amen to that.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:34 am

confusedenglishrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice so far. It seems stay and go are neck and neck. I think splitting the proverbial 'baby' is probably best. I should be able to get some months back and hopefully that will help with the career decision. The divorce is compartmentalized as best as it can be just dealing with a timeline.

Meanwhile here is a strong inspirational song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCRZLr9oRw
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MNandMN
My thoughts are if you don't know what to do then do nothing. You are going through a terrible time, can you not ride it out and then see what you feel like doing? At least you won't have burned your bridges and maybe then regret it when you are able to think more clearly and with less emotion - just my two cents.
Ummmm, I have to agree, I like your advice better than mine.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:59 pm

Well looks like 2 to 3 weeks and I will be spending Autumn in England for 3 months.

So much doubt now I have made that decision but have to move onward and upward

As to where well I am open. Lived near N'hants previously but will be examining North Yorks and Wiltshire two extremes but where I can set up easier.

Last edited by confusedenglishrose; Sep 12th 2010 at 5:23 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confusedenglishrose
Well looks like 2 to 3 weeks and I will be spending Autumn in England for 3 months.

So much doubt no I have made that decision but have to move onward and upward
Enjoy your 3 months in the UK, thats a good amount of time to look research and think things through, may I suggest you write notes of things you love and hate with your life here, and do the same in the UK as its very easy to forget those things at decesion time, notes seem to help me reflect. Good Luck to you as always.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Rosemary 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by confusedenglishrose

So much doubt now I have made that decision but have to move onward and upward

As to where well I am open. Lived near N'hants previously but will be examining North Yorks and Wiltshire two extremes but where I can set up easier.
Good luck with your decision.
I am in a similar situation trying to make the decision of either moving back to the UK or staying in Oz.
A few days ago someone asked me if I wanted to grow old in Australia which made me think a bit more.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 12:01 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

That seems like the perfect solution. No long-term commitment and you'll have the time and space to really make the right decision. Good luck and let us all know how it goes!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:42 am

Yes now I made that decision I have about one month to sort out items. Normally well organized but any suggestions welcome. I'm torn about how much to actually cut ties i.e. mail, owning car etc. On the one hand I want to make this really quite final, but on the other... and I don't want to use the security crutch of I can always come back. I know that I have built this into the plan but how best to proceed?

really do not have much given the ex's demeanour. Two suitcases of clothes, some small items and a car. Thinking I will leave the car. Donate on temporary/ possibly permanent basis the other items and pare down the clothes. Sad that I have so little in material possessions But I always remember a Middle Eastern friend of mine some years ago who said he had left Iran in the late 1970's and he realized ever since that all material possessions can be replaced. It is the small number of sentimental and invaluable ones that we cherish.