Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

American Backpackers Deported From Ireland

Wikiposts

American Backpackers Deported From Ireland

Old Jul 16th 2009, 11:01 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Backpackers Deported From Ireland

Originally Posted by dunroving
In both cases, I was pretty pissed (on both occasions, it was due to me accepting advice from people I shouldn't have trusted) but I wasn't pissed at the system
Were there any insufferably smug people there to point and laugh and say "well, that's your own stupid fault for not doing your own research"?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:40 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Were there any insufferably smug people there to point and laugh and say "well, that's your own stupid fault for not doing your own research"?
No, BE wasn't around back then.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:34 pm
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

I have NO sympathy with them, I was 24 the first time I went in a plane and I was heading to Chicago, to stay with various friends in and around and mainly Milwarkee, reading the slip it asked for an address, but I didn't know what to put, so I asked a hostess or whatever they are called these days? and she said they just want an address, put the first one you are staying at, not the main one, which is what I did, no problems.
I am pretty certain that if I had been turned away, there wouldn't have been people lining up to help me come back with free stuff! and also I was under the impression that if you are turned away in America, you have to then go to the Embassy, does that not hold true in the UK and Northern Ireland? or Southern Ireland?