Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

American again..exciting news and questions

Wikiposts

American again..exciting news and questions

Old May 4th 2013, 9:49 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American again..exciting news and questions

So basically, keep your N.I.No. (National Insurance Number) confidential. It's another thing that gets used fraudulently. I'm not saying yours will or that you will defraud anything. When you see your N.I. number you will see that's it just to easy to randomise different digits in the same order to make a different number.

I have heard of people working illegally in Britain pass on the same N.I. number to the next person who gets the job. Their logic being that the govt. still gets the deductions.

Usually you will be asked your name and date of birth to identify yourself dependant on the circumstance.