Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

am thinking about Chester now ...

am thinking about Chester now ...

Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: am thinking about Chester now ...

Originally Posted by Almo
Thanks Jerseygirl, good to know.

Do you have any comments on the Handbridge or Broughton areas of Chester?
Also have a look at the wirral ie Heswell, Caldy, Tarporley is nice.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Also have a look at the wirral ie Heswell, Caldy, Tarporley is nice.
Tarporley is very expensive.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Chester is still a great city if you can ignore the scouse accents. Was back there 4 weeks ago and the accent from the dross was the only thing I could fault.
Also check frodsham and delamere which are really nice and close to Chester
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Chester is still a great city if you can ignore the scouse accents. Was back there 4 weeks ago and the accent from the dross was the only thing I could fault.
Also check frodsham and delamere which are really nice and close to Chester
Yes both are nice areas...also Tarvin, Rossett, Mickle Trafford.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Aliland is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in hanbridge for a couple of years, about ten years ago and really love it. You get all the perks of Chester but at a much cheaper cost.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Thanks all, very helpful.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:00 pm

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: am thinking about Chester now ...

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes both are nice areas...also Tarvin, Rossett, Mickle Trafford.
hi,now looking at UK seriously after visit last month and Chester looks interesting with rowing for my sons,and good schools,we are looking at Upton-by-Chester area and a 2 mile radius ... any good tips on villages etc ... cheers.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 11:41 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Nice area.
My oldest son is debating moving to Chester, he loves it there. He has friends in Saltney, and Wrexham so they all go out in Chester at the weekend.
My grandfather lived in Hawarden which was (not sure about now) a lovely village on the Welsh side of the border. Ds is considering all those places and hoping he can get a transfer to the Chester office
Old Jul 15th 2012, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

tribec is an unknown quantity at this point

I grew up on the Wirral, used to work in Broughton. Chester is a very very good city to move to. Can be expensive as can some of the more rural surrounding areas but it's history is fantastic.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by daisycutter
hi,now looking at UK seriously after visit last month and Chester looks interesting with rowing for my sons,and good schools,we are looking at Upton-by-Chester area and a 2 mile radius ... any good tips on villages etc ... cheers.
I used to work in Upton and lived in Mickle Trafford...I think it is 3 miles from Upton. There are plenty of houses and apartments in Upton...also Hoole but the properties tend to be older.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

kirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to allkirstybowles is a name known to all

hi we moved over here from ellesmere port 10 mins up the road from chester. Ellesmere port isent nice although we lived in great sutton and it was a very nice area as is little sutton the schools are fantastic too. Chester is where we wanted to live but it was out of our price range we have 3 young boys. if we had have been just a couple though both with a good income it would have been doable. Hanbridge is over the bride of the river dee and thats a gorgeous area as is upton. We love chester the walls and all the shops however it has started to slow with businesses in the centre all due to the ressession. but saying that there is a lot to do and see there and cheshire oaks is 10 mins drive up the road with hundreds of shops and restaurants to choose from. good luck with your move back x
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:35 pm

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kirstybowles
hi we moved over here from ellesmere port 10 mins up the road from chester. Ellesmere port isent nice although we lived in great sutton and it was a very nice area as is little sutton the schools are fantastic too. Chester is where we wanted to live but it was out of our price range we have 3 young boys. if we had have been just a couple though both with a good income it would have been doable. Hanbridge is over the bride of the river dee and thats a gorgeous area as is upton. We love chester the walls and all the shops however it has started to slow with businesses in the centre all due to the ressession. but saying that there is a lot to do and see there and cheshire oaks is 10 mins drive up the road with hundreds of shops and restaurants to choose from. good luck with your move back x
hi ,many thanks for the info ...
Old Jul 21st 2012, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daisycutter
hi ,many thanks for the info ...
There are also some lovely place not to far from Chester on the Wirral (I know that has already been reported on this thread) but I was in Chester a few weeks ago (and also Cheshire Oaks....again..loll) and it was a nice afternoon (yes we do have them!!!) so I decided to head over to Caldy and Heswall (which has a nice High Street) and some nice Coffee Shops!!!!!! I wanted to see Meols but had to get back onto the M56 to miss the Traffic.....its a nice area with views over to North Wales, train connections to Chester and Liverpool and an easy drive to Manchester so all good in my book. I would not live on the Birkenhead side of the Peninsular but I certainly liked the Woorali.