Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd & Sirva Group Insurance

Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd & Sirva Group Insurance

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of
Default Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd & Sirva Group Insurance

Used Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd to move back to the UK last year. Had shipping insurance from Sirva Group (NZ) Insurance to cover all our goods.

To cut a long story short it cost us around the $34,000 mark in all. When our stuff arrived in the UK loads of our items were damaged to the cost of £10,000 ($28,000)

We put in a claim, and then found out that BOTH companies are owned by the same man.

After 7 months of fighting we have just had to settle for £6500 ($18,200), so have lost out by £4,500, or there abouts.

Moral of the story - Don't use either company, no matter how much they undercut the quotes given by other removals and insurance companies.

Burt
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of
Default Re: Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd & Sirva Group Insurance

Oh........and just so you know.......both companies also operate in Australia too!

Burt
Old Mar 5th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Have just had to settle for the price that Allied Movers / Sirva Group offered. If I hadn't and tried to take them to mediation / court they would have demanded that I attend.

Now that I'm out of Prosaic Land I don't intend to return!

Be warned - Steer clear of Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd and Sirva Group!

Burt
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:41 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

What absolute swines! It's hard enough moving across the world without the added stress of people trying to rip you off isn't it? I do hope you are settled now and enjoying life again.

Our stuff is on it's way over and we didn't take out insurance so I hope it's all ok. We had a letter from the removal people to say that it would arrive in the UK 03 March. I rang them yesterday and they said it's a typo and will only be here 30 March As we've now rented a house, we've had to go out and buy loads of stuff to put us on until it gets here.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

We had to leave to catch our flight before the container was closed and sealed. On arriving in the UK we received an e mail informing us that they couldn't fit everything into the container, and that these items would follow at a later date.

9 months later the said items still have not been dispatched as now they want us to pay extra!

These 2 companies are real cowboy outfits - steer well clear!

Burt
Old Mar 10th 2007, 4:06 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the heads up Burt , we were looking at asking Allied to give us a quote for crossing the ditch. We'll be giving them a miss.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Nerine

Be sure to pass on my name to them if you do have any contact!

Burt
Old Mar 20th 2007, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Yorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really niceYorkshire_Girl is just really nice

Thanks Burt,

Was just about to sign on the dotted line and return form to Allied Movers - but now won't be bothering! Thanks for the warning
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:11 am
Just Joined

azza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Girl
Thanks Burt,

Was just about to sign on the dotted line and return form to Allied Movers - but now won't be bothering! Thanks for the warning
Yes, I have nothing good to say about SIRVA either. I used Allied from Japan to Australia and was impressed on the Japanese end. Everything only fell apart at the Australian end. We paid for full unpacking, without our efforts (6 people) nothing would have been unpacked. When I complained to Allied we were refunded a meager 150 bucks!

But SIRVA is in a class of its own for dishonesty. I have NEVER claimed anything on insurance before and I always thought people ripped off insurance companies. I now see why they deserve it!! They have hassled me for more than 8 month with threats to not pay outstanding funds or finish repairs unless I sign away an indemnity form releasing them of any responsibility of uncompleted work. The hide on them!!! I am still waiting more than 8 MONTHS for repairs to be completed. Things have been returned three times for poor quality workmanship. These bastards need to have their feet held over the coals. I advise anyone using SIRVA and moving to Australia to take out insurance with ANY other company and not waste your time with SIRVA. They were EXTREMELY happy to take my money ( I took out the best insurance money could buy at the time) but they fight tooth and nail not to pay up. BE AWARE - LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!

Last edited by azza; Apr 11th 2007 at 12:14 am.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Allied Movers & SIRVA are nothing but crooks. The thing they depend on is that hopefully by the time you realise this fact you will be on the other side of the world!

The guy we signed up with (Rob Ferris) promised us the world in terms of service and protection. Sadly, like most things Kywy ish it was all a lie......

Burt