Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

to all who are thinking of returning!

to all who are thinking of returning!

Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:15 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: to all who are thinking of returning!

Originally Posted by toandfro
well said Blowfly , the world is blighted by drugs and it is bad news where ever you live , by the way I see you more as a butterfly than a blowfly more of a beautiful creature ,with grace ,and style
But for christ sake ToandFro there is no way your going to be able to say to the Pro-Cloners anything but Australia is all sunshine and lollipops .
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
But for christ sake ToandFro there is no way your going to be able to say to the Pro-Cloners anything but Australia is all sunshine and lollipops .
don't be daft, even people who are happy here can realise that bad things happen everywhere. I am under no illusion that drugs and crime happen here in Perth/Australia in equal amounts to some places in England. Don't assume that just because we like it here we are thick.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:30 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
don't be daft, even people who are happy here can realise that bad things happen everywhere. I am under no illusion that drugs and crime happen here in Perth/Australia in equal amounts to some places in England. Don't assume that just because we like it here we are thick.
blimey ''who rattled your cage '' my opinion is you got to half brain dead to like the place ,if you dont like my opinion go back to all your godzoners and stop coming here and talking rubbish .
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

blimey ''who rattled your cage '' my opinion is you got to half brain dead to like the place ,if you dont like my opinion go back to all your godzoners and stop coming here and talking rubbish .
well you are entitled to your opinion assandsach. Just don't assume that those that are happy can't see that everywhere has its issues and nowhere is utopia.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
well you are entitled to your opinion assandsach. Just don't assume that those that are happy can't see that everywhere has its issues and nowhere is utopia.
thats the point ,there are posters here not including you who live in LALA land and give the impression that aussie is the bolloxs ,when i know its got the same problems as the uk .
This makes me think they lack intelligence ,thus they are clones and are towing the pro australia party line and are thus incapable of having opinion and really they post on this side to antagonise ,but because their lackof intelligence are incapable of holding a decent debate and in all truthfullness dont do themselves or the people who like australia [such as yourself]any favours at all .
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

thats the point ,there are posters here not including you who live in LALA land and give the impression that aussie is the bolloxs ,when i know its got the same problems as the uk .
This makes me think they lack intelligence ,thus they are clones and are towing the pro australia party line and are thus incapable of having opinion and really they post on this side to antagonise ,but because their lackof intelligence are incapable of holding a decent debate and in all truthfullness dont do themselves or the people who like australia [such as yourself]any favours at all .
You do have to remember tho that Australia does work for lots of people, and liking the place does not make you a moronic, brainless amoeba.

I do know exactly what you mean about people who come into MBTTUK and pose dire questions such as "why on earth would you want to live in the UK", but really, these are a minority of posters, either too silly to understand that life is not the same for all of us, or just here to do a bit of antagonising. Many (and probably most) people are just happy to live and let live, allow each to his own, etc.

You can also argue that there are people here who are so anti-Australia and post as much in the Australia forum, that they don't do the rest of the people who post in MBTTUK forum any favours as many people over there now clump us all together as Aussie-hating whingers. Fortunately, many people can see beyond this!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
You do have to remember tho that Australia does work for lots of people, and liking the place does not make you a moronic, brainless amoeba.

I do know exactly what you mean about people who come into MBTTUK and pose dire questions such as "why on earth would you want to live in the UK", but really, these are a minority of posters, either too silly to understand that life is not the same for all of us, or just here to do a bit of antagonising. Many (and probably most) people are just happy to live and let live, allow each to his own, etc.

You can also argue that there are people here who are so anti-Australia and post as much in the Australia forum, that they don't do the rest of the people who post in MBTTUK forum any favours as many people over there now clump us all together as Aussie-hating whingers. Fortunately, many people can see beyond this!
Good post. assensach will take notice of you.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Are you denying that the things you listed exist in Australian society? If you are denying it, well, you're a lost cause. If you agree they exist, I guess that must make you as critical about the place as me.
No I am not denying it. Strictly speaking Australia comes out better than the UK in terms of most crimes. For some reason Australia leads the developed world in breaking and entering, and I think the rape stats aren't too pretty, but generally it has lower crime rates. Again I stress that my interpretationof the available demographic projections is that Australia has a better long-term future than Britain. That's my whole point.

Originally Posted by rodders39
This from the idiot that was adamant South East England was more densely populated than Sydney...
But the south east of England by your definition has 400 people per square kilometre. Sydney has 345 people per square kilometre. Can you add up? If you can, you will be able to see that the south east of England is more densely populated than Sydney. This is a matter of scientific fact. Like the world is spherical (so you understand this, spherical means like a football).

Originally Posted by toandfro
this is not a uk phenomenon .the poulation in Aust is only increased with immigants.
This is true, as is the case with Britain. The difference is that the British population is just about stagnant thanks to the high death rate. Australia is growing at a much higher rate. Unless you have a problem with immigrants?

As for my children they will be able to seek out all the oppurtunities they like in aussie and europe and they are lucky and i thank australia for that
Although Australia has a bright future economically thanks to its natural resources, growing population, developing free trade arrangements with various SE Asian nations including China and Japan, there is another reason why it has a better long-term outlook than the UK: the weather. Being 80 years old is not a great age to be cold, looking at the rain and snow, and slipping arse over elbows on the way to the papershop every morning. Ask anyone over 70 in this country and they will tell you how much they hate the cold.

Last edited by Tableland; Jan 11th 2007 at 11:34 am.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:51 am
Banned

Good HP ,i hope they do post in the australia forum because im sick to death of the pathetic debates on the side where by and large the people on this side are pro -brit and are sick to death of the fly ridden ,shallow ,up them selves plonkers that live here and like it and what makes it worse is the wannabees they make me want to vomit .
But by and large your post is the voice of reason and i am proud to say i am one of those aussie -hating whingers ,i cant stand them and i cant stand the people that act like them and want to be like them .
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:54 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tableland

Although Australia has a bright future economically thanks to its natural resources, growing population, developing free trade arrangements with various SE Asian nations including China and Japan, there is another reason why it has a better long-term outlook than the UK: the weather. Being 80 years old is not a great age to be cold, looking at the rain and snow, and slipping arse over elbows on the way to the papershop every morning. Ask anyone over 70 in this country and they will tell you how much they hate the cold.

It's ok, global warming is, apparently, well underway and we've just had the warmest January day on record. Only had one frost so far this year, no snow, and I keep having to take off my scarf and gloves cos it's so mild. So, when Australia becomes a barren, uninhabitable dust-bowl due to global warming, the UK may be languishing in a balmy climate. Who knows
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

Good HP ,i hope they do post in the australia forum because im sick to death of the pathetic debates on the side where by and large the people on this side are pro -brit and are sick to death of the fly ridden ,shallow ,up them selves plonkers that live here and like it and what makes it worse is the wannabees they make me want to vomit .
But by and large your post is the voice of reason and i am proud to say i am one of those aussie -hating whingers ,i cant stand them and i cant stand the people that act like them and want to be like them .
this is an open forum assensach and as such you will always get disagreements but usually with reasoned debate people can see other sides of the coin even though they may not agree with it. Sadly, as i have said before, your posts are just pure nastiness and bitterness towards pretty much everyone that has a differing view to yours.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
It's ok, global warming is, apparently, well underway and we've just had the warmest January day on record. Only had one frost so far this year, no snow, and I keep having to take off my scarf and gloves cos it's so mild. So, when Australia becomes a barren, uninhabitable dust-bowl due to global warming, the UK may be languishing in a balmy climate. Who knows
I don't want to get into this now because it never ends, but basically there is good sound scientific evidence that the earth is cooling. Solar cycles are responsible for warming (this is why the ice caps on Mars are melting more than usual right now - unless it's those Martian factories of course).

The reason for the confusion is that most sites that measure global temperature arein cities, which are getting much bigger and warmer. A meteorological site in Antarctica has measured a decrease in temperatures every year since the 1950s. Also, we're told that temperatures rose from the 1940s to the present day, but dropped significantly in the 1970s. How come? global warming theory can't explain this temporary drop in temperature.

I'm not saying we aren't heating the planet up by our disgraceful attitude to pollution, etc., but I am saying that we can't compete with universal forces like the sun's cycles. If anything, our behaviour has probably delayed the cooling which for many is a good thing. If temperature drop by just a few degrees large areas in places like Russia and Canada will become useless tundra.

There are many misunderstanding in this debate. Like deforestation for example. If there were no trees, more of the sun's rays would be reflected back into space, thus causing cooling. Yet we have been told over and over again that deforestation leads to warming.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily Britain has enough incentives to pay high financial/legal type salaries.
Financial jobs are easy to outsource and many of them are expected to go to India in the next few years. I was reading recently that one major bank is pulling out of the UK because of Brown's high taxes, though I forget which one. Outsourcing lawyers is more difficult as they require a lot of specialist knowledge of British laws, but probably doable.

In addition, both finance and law are reliant on a thriving real economy to pay their wages; if the real economy collapses, then there'll be few million-pound bonuses in the City. Right now the only things we really seem to do in the UK are build 'executive apartments', sell them to each other at ever-increasing prices and put the profits in the stock market so the City bankers can make those huge bonuses.

I honestly don't see how the British economy can survive after the housing market crashes again, which it has to do sooner or later.

I don't want to get into this now because it never ends, but basically there is good sound scientific evidence that the earth is cooling.
Certainly we're overdue for an ice age, which is why there was a 'global cooling' fad in the 70s when temperatures dropped.

If temperature drop by just a few degrees large areas in places like Russia and Canada will become useless tundra.
Depends on how many you mean by 'a few'; unless you mean quite a few that would pretty much take us back to the conditions in the 1800s.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 3:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tableland
I don't want to get into this now because it never ends, but basically there is good sound scientific evidence that the earth is cooling. Solar cycles are responsible for warming (this is why the ice caps on Mars are melting more than usual right now - unless it's those Martian factories of course).

The reason for the confusion is that most sites that measure global temperature arein cities, which are getting much bigger and warmer. A meteorological site in Antarctica has measured a decrease in temperatures every year since the 1950s. Also, we're told that temperatures rose from the 1940s to the present day, but dropped significantly in the 1970s. How come? global warming theory can't explain this temporary drop in temperature.

I'm not saying we aren't heating the planet up by our disgraceful attitude to pollution, etc., but I am saying that we can't compete with universal forces like the sun's cycles. If anything, our behaviour has probably delayed the cooling which for many is a good thing. If temperature drop by just a few degrees large areas in places like Russia and Canada will become useless tundra.

There are many misunderstanding in this debate. Like deforestation for example. If there were no trees, more of the sun's rays would be reflected back into space, thus causing cooling. Yet we have been told over and over again that deforestation leads to warming.
Lol, thank you for biting, I knew you wouldn't disappoint me

Although, global warming or not, it is unseasonably warm in the UK at the moment, and my friends in NSW do tell me that the area is even more dry than normal....
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:49 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
it is unseasonably warm in the UK at the moment....

Stange as it is..... Even my daffs are up and the tulips are not far behind!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.