Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Of all things keeping us here.... centrelink (well not just that!)

Wikiposts

Of all things keeping us here.... centrelink (well not just that!)

Old Aug 6th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Of all things keeping us here.... centrelink (well not just that!)

God I don't know if this is a good enough reason some days. Hubby does have a job that has the potential to put us in a much better position to move back if we stay put for a couple of years and work hard but the extra dosh we get from centre link is silly to.

We have a very young family and our ability to support them whilst they are little and we are on one income is much better in Western Australia.

Sometimes it feels like I'm sacrificing my children's education though as we wait to see if hubby can turning something good out of current job. I also miss my family and friends

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of all things keeping us here.... centrelink (well not just that!)

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
God I don't know if this is a good enough reason some days. Hubby does have a job that has the potential to put us in a much better position to move back if we stay put for a couple of years and work hard but the extra dosh we get from centre link is silly to.

We have a very young family and our ability to support them whilst they are little and we are on one income is much better in Western Australia.

Sometimes it feels like I'm sacrificing my children's education though as we wait to see if hubby can turning something good out of current job. I also miss my family and friends

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
Hi, you should way up what you really want in life (easier said than done I know).....would you stay in Aus if you had more money coming into your home.....can you be happy....really happy to stay for your childrens sake......most people can live on a budget in most countries around the world....why am I saying this is.....it might get to a stage where your children will not want to return...then you might be "stuck"....or Education gets a bit more complicated if you leave it for a few more years.....I am not sure how long you have been in WA.....but if you have been there for a few years and still feel like you do then you really need to sit down and make a decision as you could go on feeling like this forever and that is not a great way to live...I met soooooo many people who felt like that some had been in Aus for years and years and still did not feel settled...for us we were fine we made the most of our time there, we never really felt homesick but there were certain things we did miss...we did not mind Aus (WA) to a certain point.....and after 7 years we just felt like we had done what we needed to do,see and experience but with a lot of umming and arring 12 years later we returned....no regrets so far...but that is our story...just try and get to a point if you can with your partner and see if you could think of living in Aus forever or a least for a long time...if you can the stay and get on with it....it might sound harsh but really that is really the only attitude of most migrants (from various countries) in Perth who we knew had really settled...had become Australians....not just be C-ship but by really supporting Aus overthere "mother" country....and really that is the correct attitude to have as a migrant...otherwise you will always be a migrant....good luck...
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:38 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....
For the ignorant (me), what is Centrelink?
Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
For the ignorant (me), what is Centrelink?
Middle class welfare payments basically - family tax benefits, child care benefits etc.