Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

To all returning for family

To all returning for family

Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default To all returning for family

Dont feel bad, there is nothing wrong in returning home because of family.

The reason I say this is because myself, hubby and our two lovely kiddies went to Belair national park yesterday (bank holiday) near Adelaide. We had a lovely walk and saw lots of wildlife that we would only dream of seeing in UK so we felt very lucky. We played proper football (ie a round ball) together and the weather was great and we had ice cream.

But it did not feel 100%. We looked a round us a saw the huge amount of people in groups of anything up to 15-20 people or more, all families out together, enjoying each others company and it made me sad on the inside.

I love my family but there are more of them back in the UK that I miss dearly and wished they were playing footie with us.

So to go back to family is not wrong and to live for them is not wrong either. If anyone out there is thinking of going back for family then go because you can not replace them and you dont know how much you will miss them until they are not there.

Our house goes on the market today so hopefully we will be home soon.

Also another thing while I am here, whats the point of having it 40 degrees if its too chuffin hot to doing anything in?? The weather isnt everything.

Libby

If anyone agrees with me then say so, if not then shut up!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:36 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To all returning for family

Originally Posted by LIBBY

The reason I say this is because myself, hubby and our two lovely kiddies went to Belair national park yesterday (bank holiday) near Adelaide. We had a lovely walk and saw lots of wildlife that we would only dream of seeing in UK so we felt very lucky. We played proper football (ie a round ball) together and the weather was great and we had ice cream.

But it did not feel 100%. We looked a round us a saw the huge amount of people in groups of anything up to 15-20 people or more, all families out together, enjoying each others company and it made me sad on the inside.

I love my family but there are more of them back in the UK that I miss dearly and wished they were playing footie with us.

So to go back to family is not wrong and to live for them is not wrong either. If anyone out there is thinking of going back for family then go because you can not replace them and you dont know how much you will miss them until they are not there.

Also another thing while I am here, whats the point of having it 40 degrees if its too chuffin hot to doing anything in?? The weather isnt everything.

Libby

I agree 100% with you Libby! If you get on with your family - then what's the point of living 12000 miles away from them! If they are not important - then what is?

Good luck with the move and of course we all want to be kept updated, so please keep us posting when you get back!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=LIBBY]Dont feel bad, there is nothing wrong in returning home because of family.

Well said. Both my children were born here, one of which none of the family has met yet. It breaks my heart when I see families together enjoying each others company, I know we are giving are kids a nice life here but at the expense of not having "cuddles from Grandma" and playing with all their nephews and nieces. All the nice family memories I have as a child - my children will not have those
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:00 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Libby

Great post and me and the hubby agree with you 110% that is why we fly home on the 26th October can't wait to be home for Christmas with the family.P.S we have only been here since April 2005 LOL who cares go where your heart is
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emzee
Great post and me and the hubby agree with you 110% that is why we fly home on the 26th October can't wait to be home for Christmas with the family.P.S we have only been here since April 2005 LOL who cares go where your heart is
I have tears in my eyes when I think that in 2007 I could be in that situation with my family welcoming me at the airport...
My mum already has organised for us to stay with her long enough to be able to save up the deposit for a house..

I never realised how much I needed family around me before I came here. I love going to the parks for BBQ's but I do get envious when I see all the families together. How do I know that they are family?? because they feel comfortable enough with each other to bicker
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:58 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I have tears in my eyes when I think that in 2007 I could be in that situation with my family welcoming me at the airport...
My mum already has organised for us to stay with her long enough to be able to save up the deposit for a house..

I never realised how much I needed family around me before I came here. I love going to the parks for BBQ's but I do get envious when I see all the families together. How do I know that they are family?? because they feel comfortable enough with each other to bicker
I think in your situation having been here long enough to get citizenship i would get it then come straight home but will let you know how it feels when we get home.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:10 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

I agree Libby. So....are you using an agent to sell your house or are you doing it yourself? We will be putting our house up for sale at the end of October. I want to try to sell it ourselves as the agents want 3% commission and then advertising costs on top of that!

When are you hoping to return and do you have citizenship? How long have you been here?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for the positive responses, you never know on here what you are letting yourself in for if you know what I mean.

We have been here since May so not far behind you Emzee.

We are selling the house through an agent as its hopefully a bit quicker than doing it ourselves. Its very expensive but you at least get better marketing, (hopefully).

To be back for Christmas, with our kids having cuddles off grandparents (and me off my Mum) would be a dream come true. Its so true, you dont know till you have done it.

A chapter closed to open another when we get HOME.

Libby
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

A chapter closed to open another when we get HOME.

Libby[/QUOTE]

To open a book that you have read the back cover of and know that you will enjoy is always much more exciting.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:44 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banjo
I agree Libby. So....are you using an agent to sell your house or are you doing it yourself? We will be putting our house up for sale at the end of October. I want to try to sell it ourselves as the agents want 3% commission and then advertising costs on top of that!

When are you hoping to return and do you have citizenship? How long have you been here?

Hi Banjo

We tried selling the house in Oz ourselves but with no luck .We did open house weekends and basically just got nosey people round who had no intention of buying. Eventually we had to get an agent round cos all of the marketing they can do. Our agents fees where alot higher then 3%..I think they ended up with about $12,000 commission....shocking eh!Ours included advertising costs..have you shopped around..??
Good luck with it..!!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:04 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Libby

Well said, best of luck with your return.

MM
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

LOL
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:58 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Libby

Home is where the heart is Libby....if it doesnt feel right then you have made the right decision in coming home.

Good luck

D x
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

JoolsG will become famous soon enoughJoolsG will become famous soon enough

Good for you! We are partly going back for family but not just that, I won't go in to all the details here, no doubt some of my reasons could change the tone of this thread (we know how controversial reasons for returning to the UK can be, don't we? ).

Our house has been on the market since May this year but we just accepted an offer last week and we will be returning to the UK in just over 4 weeks time! Yay!!! I can't wait, to be home for Christmas will be fantastic.

Hope you sell your house quickly and can get to where you want to be.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I walked along a trail on Saturday called the Ice Age Trail that runs for 70 miles from one city to another (I didnt walk all of it by the way, I'm not that fit) anyway the views were stunning the grasslands were turning red, brown and gold for the fall. It was truly exhilarating however all I could think was I wish my family could share this with me, at that moment I felt very alone. Sad really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.